Harlan
cody30228

Willy Wonka is evil, corrupt, probably a child molestor, and has several parallels to Hitler.

Harlan

Pro

To start off…this is a joke.

Also…I am discussing the Johnny Depp Willy wonka…and not the Willy wonka from the first movie or from the book.

Also…since this debate is not serious…feel free to accept the challenge, even if you are, also, arguing "pro".

Here are my arguments…

1.Willy Wonka keeps a WHOLE RACE of beings imprisoned inside of his factory. He keeps them as his slaves…using them for labor. Every single oompa loompa in the entire world is at Wonka's mercy. That makes him worse than Hitler.

2.He does not pay his Oompa Loompas for the grueling labor and difficultly choreographed shows (to which he randomly orders for his own entertainment).

3.His factory workers have horrible malnutrition…all he feeds them is chocolate. Some people will say that he "pays" them with chocolate…but it is quite obvious, that he only gives them chocolate so they won't die…because then he wouldn't have any factory workers.

4.He tests his, more often than not, poisonous candies on the oompa loompas. One Oompa Loompa was covered in hair…because Wonka tests poisons on them as if they were guinea pigs. What kind of sick people would do that to their factory workers? Adolf Hitler and Willy Wonka.

5.He is training an army of Oompa Loompas. He was training them to use guns in the movie. Also…his factory looks suspiciously...alot like a military base. Plus…what is the real reason that he is constructing a matter transporter? His factory is a training facility, and a place to develop his evil technologies…without sharing them with the outside world.

6.He took five children into his death trap of a factory. Look how they truned out, too. His army of squirrels put her into an INCINERATOR. Once more…a lot like Hitler. Wonka has an oven for little girls. Sick. He got a chance to test many of his weapons of war on children there, also. His poisonous gum (which would be useful to do to enemy troops)…The matter transporter.

7.Little, innocent, Charlie, however, probably got it the worse. Willy Wonka was like "I've got candy little boy. Come live in isolation inside of my factory with me…Iv got candy". Seems a bit odd, doesn't it? HE tempts him with candy to come into his factory and live with him forever. He didn't want his parents to come, either. Just saying: seems a bit odd. Luckily, Char;ie knew not to go into strange men's houses, just because theytold him that they would give him candy.

8.Willy Wonka broke the roof to their house…that jerk.
cody30228

Con

I believe Johnny Deep as Willy Wonka is Michael Jackson, not Hitler

Before I begin:
1. Neverland Ranch = Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory
kids love to go there
the owners love kids
the owners must hide from the public
adults don't like owners
2. Oompa Loompas (OLs) = Kid not Jews
OLs are all short like kids
OLs like to play like kids
OLs make fun of other kids, like kids
OLs are not hated by a lot of people, thus not Jews
OLs are not descended from the land of Canaan, from skin-color, so not Jews

I will negate by attacking all your individual points.
1. Willy Wonka saves the OLs from a "dangerous outside world". it never says he uses them as a coercive labor source

2. Does he say that he does not pay them? No. Furthermore, if he doesn't pay them, why don't they form labor unions and revolt?

3. They are not malnourished because they are fat

4. He tests candy on OL's so he DOES NOT HARM KIDS. Hitler tested on Jews so he could USE BIOLOGICAL WARFARE

5. IF he is training them to use guns, why would he be Hitler training JEws to fight?

6. All the inventions you list are simply toys Michael Jackson has at his Ranch to attract kids. He captures them yes, but in his bed, not in an incinerator

7. "Little, innocent, Charlie, however, probably got it the worse. Willy Wonka was like "I've got candy little boy. Come live in isolation inside of my factory with me…Iv got candy". Seems a bit odd, doesn't it? HE tempts him with candy to come into his factory and live with him forever. He didn't want his parents to come, either. Just saying: seems a bit odd. Luckily, Char;ie knew not to go into strange men's houses..."
ALL SOUNDS LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON NOT HITLER!!!!!!!!!

8. Hitler built stuff, like the autobaun, he wouldn't destroy the roof of his house
Harlan

Pro

Harlan forfeited this round.
cody30228

Con

well i'm not sure what to say.

Willy Wonka is Michael Jackson, not Hitler

All my points above plus

The theme song, "Willa Wonka, Willy Wonka" Just screams out "Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson"
Harlan

Pro

Cody, you have horribly misunderstood.

I did not say he was Hitler. I said that he had "several parallels" to Hitler…not "the exact parallel" of Hitler.

He is not the same as Hitler in EVERY aspect. For instance he does not have the characteristic moustache.

IN fact, we if you even READ my header….It AGREES with everything you say.

"Willy Wonka is evil, corrupt, probably a child molestor, and has several parallels to Hitler."
Look at the order of the words…

My first clause mentions "evil"….my second clause mentions "corrupt" (basically the same thing)…then I added the part about child molester which AGREES WITH YOU…At the VERY END I mentioned Hitler.

The Hitler thing was an after thought; something I decided to throw in at the last minute.

You base my whole argument on it...you seem tot hink that "several parallels" means "exactly the same".

So, naturally, the disagreement of "several parallels" would be "no parallels"…as "several" is an opinion…and can mean anything.

I doubt you have convinced the readers that Willy Wonka has NO parallels to Hitler.

Despite this, I will answer you're points, or the points I disagree with…
"kids love to go there"

say that to the girl who Willy Wonka tried to incinerate in a giant oven…which was conveniently under a giant hole...surrounded by an army of squirrels who were, apparently, trained to thro little girls into it's raging flames.

Sure they THINK they want to go there…But while they are there…and being poisoned and incinerated in horrible ways…they regret it.

Um…I am quite aware that they are not jews.

You take the analogies much too literally.

The connection was that he IMPRISONED AN ENTIRE RACE OF BEINGS.

"OLs are not descended from the land of Canaan, from skin-color, so not Jews"

Much too literal.

"Willy Wonka saves the OLs from a "dangerous outside world". it never says he uses them as a coercive labor source"

His "factory" has a giant fence around it. Do you think the Oompa Loompas could escape? No.

And in a population of whole species…it never works out that every single member will willingly change their lives...and go off…all with the same goal. It doesn't work. Not without force

Willy Wonka promised the chief guy wonderful things…but only gave them life living in a factory as Wonka's slaves.

"Does he say that he does not pay them? No. Furthermore, if he doesn't pay them, why don't they form labor unions and revolt?"

It says that he pays them with coco beans

In other words…they work really hard just to get CHOCOLATE. Any one that solely survives on chocolate would just barely be alive. That is why Wonka feeds it to them. He buys coaco beans anyways, so, even if it will malnourish them, he uses it as their food. This brings us to the next point:

"They are not malnourished because they are fat"

http://www.stoweboyd.com...

That is NOT fat, by any means. Plus, you make the claim that they are children. If they ARE children. Then well…you've got yourself some wrinkled and aged children. Therefore…you must either concede that they are not children…or concede that they are malnourished…because the two can not co-exist.

The plain fact is: if a child looked like that: there health is not too great.

"He tests candy on OL's so he DOES NOT HARM KIDS. Hitler tested on Jews so he could USE BIOLOGICAL WARFARE"

Exactly…it IS for warfare. The reason he is isolated in his deathtrap military encampment is because he is constructing all types of poisons. And REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT IS FOR WARFARE…IT IS HORRIBLY UNETHICAL TO TEST PRODUCTS ON YOU'RE FACTORY WORKERS.

And, once more, the Hitler thing was only part of my argument.

"IF he is training them to use guns, why would he be Hitler training JEws to fight?"

1.you are taking "several parallels" too far.
2.Yes, and why would Michael Jackson be training kids to fight.

"All the inventions you list are simply toys Michael Jackson has at his Ranch to attract kids. He captures them yes, but in his bed, not in an incinerator"

EXACTLY. You just PROVED YOUR OWN ARGUMENT WRONG.

He DID put them in an incinerator...though don't get me wrong...he is also a child molester.

"ALL SOUNDS LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON NOT HITLER!!!!!!!!!"

EXACTLY…WE BASICALLY AGREE ON EVERYTHING HERE…DID YOU EVEN READ THE HEADER?

"Hitler built stuff, like the autobaun, he wouldn't destroy the roof of his house"

Nazi planes certainly BROKE a lot of things…with bombs. What do you say to that?
cody30228

Con

The reason I argued so much about Hitler because your WHOLE SPEECH was about Hitler. So I assumed that was what you were trying to prove.

Furthermore, if i disprove enough of your arguments, than Willy Wonka does not have several parallels to Hitler. And since you called this a joke round, I took the position that Willy Wonka wasn't Hitler but Michael Jackson. I believe that is still the debate.

So
you say kids do not love to go their. Then why were all the kids so excited to win a golden ticket? Besides, no one was ever excited to go to a concentration camp

you say OL's could not escape. How come? They have to get food and water from somewhere. Willy Wonka is sure as hell not malnourished and living on chocolate alone. They can escape when they go to the store to buy him stuff. Like clothes and water.

"Willy Wonka promised the chief guy wonderful things…but only gave them life living in a factory as Wonka's slaves."
Sounds nothing like Hitler. He did not trick the Jews. Michael Jackson tricked the little boys.

You say they must be either adults or malnoursihed. I will prove they are neither. You picture has them looking strong, not weak and MALNOURISHED. So thanks, you just proved they weren't. They are kids. They just look different. Are you racist? Saying that kids of another race can not look different? GASP!

So the last part is all jumbled together.
1. They are not poisons, he is testing candy to make kids feel better
2. i said IF he was building guns and training, so obviously he is not
3. if they are toys, then they are for michael jackson not hitler

So who should win the debate
Harlan attempts to prove that Willy Wonka is close to Hitler. Do not let him confuse you by looking at the topic, he ignored that in his first speech.
I attempt to prove he is not close to Hitler. I do so by proving he is Michael Jackson
I disproved ALL YOUR parallels Willy Wonka has to Hitler
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
There are multiple child molestors...only one hitler
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
Since several is an opinion, to have won this you would have to prove that there are NO parelells between wonka and hitler. It is not a matter of disproving the parellels that I put out there, it is a matter of disproving the statement. And for the record, you did NOT deisprove all my parallels. I said that nazi planes broke stuff, and so did wonka, and you did not disprove that.
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
I must question how you say seem to make the claim that being kids disproves them being jews....as if you think that no jews are kids. Oh well. But anyways, there were plenty of kids in the holocaust.
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
Oh, I am sorry Cody...I was of the impression that you and all of the voters were intelligent enough to know that they both had eyeballs.

I thought it went without saying.

Apparently not.
Posted by cody30228 9 years ago
cody30228
Harlan, don't be pissy because I actually argued something. Did you make that claim in the round? No. So why would I have disproved it.
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
"I disproved ALL YOUR parallels Willy Wonka has to Hitler"

They both have eyeballs. Can you disprove that?
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
Harlan , as you were joking so was I , I have to say it is hilarious to me that you first posted against Disney and now Willy Wonka. I really think you just have issues with kids shows lol ...
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
"I do so by proving he is Michael Jackson"

NO. He may be similiar to Miuchael Jackson (as he is similiar to Hitler)...but he is not michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson never owned a chocolate factory so it is easy to disprove you're assertion that he "IS" Michael Jackson.
Posted by Mangani 9 years ago
Mangani
Bwajajajajajajajaja!

"Hey kid, not only do I have candy, I own the damn factory!"

Jajajajajaja!
Posted by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
I have no serious problem with willy Wonka.

What do you make of "this is a joke"?

Geez...this isn't even about the movie at all.

It's about a fictional character.

Tis' a joke.
Vote Placed by kykrebs 9 years ago
kykrebs
Harlancody30228Tied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
Harlancody30228Tied
Vote Placed by SportsGuru 9 years ago
SportsGuru
Harlancody30228Tied
Vote Placed by or8560 9 years ago
or8560
Harlancody30228Tied
Vote Placed by tarsjake 9 years ago
tarsjake
Harlancody30228Tied
Vote Placed by Harlan 9 years ago
Harlan
Harlancody30228Tied
Vote Placed by andrewbary 9 years ago
andrewbary
Harlancody30228Tied
Vote Placed by Rousseau 9 years ago
Rousseau
Harlancody30228Tied
Vote Placed by Ragnar_Rahl 9 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
Harlancody30228Tied
Vote Placed by Miserlou 9 years ago
Miserlou
Harlancody30228Tied