byaka2013
RR-MKIV

Wind/Hydroelectric is Superior to Solar

byaka2013

Pro

Round 1 accpetance
RR-MKIV

Con

I accept the... nonexistent terms. If my opponent will permit me to, I would like to provide some definitions.

Definitions:
[1] Wind Power - [Noun] Power obtained by harnessing the energy of the wind.
[2] Hydroelectric Power - [Noun] A form of energy generated by the conversion of free-falling water to electricity; the generation of electricity by using the motive power of water; also called hydroelectricity.
[3] Solar Power - [Noun] Power obtained by harnessing the energy of the sun's rays.

[1] www.merriam-webster.com
byaka2013

Pro

I apologize for the lack of terms. I was in a rush. Anyway, here goes:

Wind first-
According to https://greenfuture.io... wind energy costs way less. And it works whenever there's wind (almost always) compared with solar, working only during a clear day (not night). They generate significantly more electricity than solar panels, which may not fit to every roof. Wind is a more efficient power source than solar. Compared to solar panels, wind turbines release less CO2 to the atmosphere, consume less energy, and produce more energy overall. In fact, one wind turbine can generate the same amount of electricity per kWh as about 48,704 solar panels.

Turbines can additionally be built offshore, and is far less of a potent pollutant.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com... claims hydropower is the least expensive alternative energy source in the US. Again, hydroelectricity has a more constant power supply and can function throughout a whole day. There are several other uses for hydropower such as recreation resource reservoirs.

Solar is not quite as reliable and is too expensive and too precise in necessary attributes.
RR-MKIV

Con

byaka,

I must respectfully decline this debate due to a full schedule. I will be unable to complete this debate for the following reasons:
[1] I will be taking my girlfriend to dinner tonight
[2] Have a double header this weekend down in Trinidad, therefore I will be unable to submit any response.

Please send me a challenge for this debate again with a three day acceptance dead-line and I will take the case back up with a full schedule. Its not often that a science topic is present unless I start one, so I appreciate the creativity.

If I may, I would like to request that we submit single word arguments for 3 and 4, as to not fluctuate our scores. Again, if you are willing to do so, please drop another challenge that I will gladly accept on the coming Monday [4/17]. You have my word.
byaka2013

Pro

Understood
RR-MKIV

Con

Pass - Waiting for challenge.
byaka2013

Pro

Challenge sent. Please just copy paste your round 1 arguments.
RR-MKIV

Con

Thank you. I hope it builds a little trust in the declination of your former debate. I really do like this topic.
Posted by uzairmahmud 9 months ago
uzairmahmud
you can win, byaka2013 ! I agree with you!
Posted by uzairmahmud 9 months ago
uzairmahmud