DiamondAnon
pheonixwright

Windows 10 is better than Windows 8.1

Started: 10/13/2015 Category: Technology

DiamondAnon

Pro

Windows 8 comes standard on most PC's and laptops. But in order to get a license you have to pay. Windows 10 is a free upgrade. The start menu is also a topic of interest. The windows 8 start menu was cluttered with squares of varying colors. This was distracting and was bothersome to edit. Windows 10 reverts to a simpler setup. It still makes use of all the old windows 8 features without all the clutter. The menu can also be further edited to remove anything you don't like. There is also easier access to frequently used apps and a much simpler settings page. Another reason Windows 10 is better than 8.1 is Cortana. The name is obviously taken from Master Chief's AI which is cool in itself. Windows 8.1 did not include Cortana. Cortana is like a personal assistant. She can make simple conversation and makes information much easier to access. It is also much easier to search for anything in Windows 10. The layout and integration Cortana make for much less digging around in menus. The snap assist in Windows 10 is also a much better multi tasking tool than anything before it. Another great feature is the Xbox app in Windows 10. This is just a simple little improvement not found before. Windows 10 has better features and a simpler layout. Windows 8.1 cannot compete.
pheonixwright

Con

My first question is You said windows 10 is free? right now the windows 10 O.S is in beta meaning they are not giving it away they are getting beta tester. and I believe windows 8.1 is much better implementing the start menu and many other great things and windows 8.1 was made with a cheaper price tag at launch . And in my opinion windows 10 is just windows 8.1 with a new coat of paint. AND FINALLY you are pointing out all of the good things about windows 10 without even mentioning the problems such as The activation problems where people are having problems with windows 10 activation right after the installation and theres nothing to do to fix it. Tell me if you want more. Oh and one more thing so many people are having problems that THIS WEBSITE EXSITS AT THIS LINK

http://linuxfonts.narod.ru...
DiamondAnon

Pro

I was posting the positive things about Windows 10 because this is a debate. I will however, help you point out the things that are negative about windows 8.1. One confusing thing about windows 8.1 is the internet explorer. Or should I say explorers. The 8.1 features two internet explorers with two different styles. This is confusing to many and completely unnecessary. Another thing is if you like using other browsers you are forced to use the desktop version of internet explorer. The app menu in Windows 8.1 is very unorganized. The menu does not separate actual applications from uninstallers, readme, and help files. There was also a problem figuring out how to shut down the computer using Windows 8. When Windows 8.1 was released the small power button was not available in the top right. There are so many hidden menus in Windows 8.1, people spent unnecessary time searching for a simple command. The metro programs were also a problem. Almost all of the metro programs has poor user interfaces. They required side scrolling which was awkward for most keyboard and mouse users. Another things would be the face that metro apps cannot run on the desktop which made them awkward to use. Another poor idea was the personalization. No matter how you customized your background or apps, you had the same layout as any other person. The time spent on changing things was a waste as it only made things messier. Windows 10 solves almost all of these problems by reverting back to the old look with new features. Windows 10 is definitely an improvement.
pheonixwright

Con

windows 8.1 offers 2 explorers to cater to different peoples needs and you said you are forced to use internet explorer i believe that that is a dumb statement because of the fact you can download all of the different internet browsers you want also i would like to rebutte your statement that the shut down button is hard to use because it is not you simply press the line in the corner . And my last rebuttal to you're statements is that you finished with windows 10 reverts back to the old ways while those ways allowed just as much personalization if not less and THEN YOU SAY ITS AN IMPROVEMENT thats when i get angry how windows 10 has no inovative traits at all. Windows 10 has an incredibly over complicated start button which requires way to much searching for something you would be able to find in the windows 8.1 start button in a second just like that but in windows 10 you have to scroll through everything to find that one thing and to top it off it cover 1/4 of the screen
DiamondAnon

Pro

DiamondAnon forfeited this round.
pheonixwright

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for a great debate
+ +
-
Posted by asi14 1 year ago
asi14
Cross-X?
1) so all the benefits that come with Windows 10, it's to save time and money, am I right?
2) Why cant Mac OS X solve the entirety of Windows?
3) Will China be able to get Windows 10 despite a precedent-setting embargo on Windows 8.1?
Please answer these questions as they will shape my response to your arguments, thanks!