Windows 7 vs Windows 8

Let' s start a debate.
1.No Profanity
2.No Trollers
3.Cite sources when needed

Which OS is better? Windows 7(Pro) or Windows 8(Con)?
Commence the debate!

I accept the debate. As con, I will be arguing that Windows 8 is the better operating system. As my opponent has failed to define what he means by “better”, I will define it here:

For the purposes of this debate, the “better” operating system is the operating system that, when installed on PC’s and tablets that are still in production or retail, provides the user with a more enjoyable, efficient, and optimized environment through factors including, but not limited to: GUI, interfacing, software efficiency, connectivity to peripherals, hardware integration, touch interactivity, etc.

Note that I will be arguing for the individual Windows 8 OS, not the collection of operating systems released about the same time as Windows 8, such as Windows RT.

Good luck to my opponent, and I look forward to an entertaining debate!

Let's get started, shall we?

Many reviews on Windows 7 state that Windows 7 is clearly more simple than Windows 8. Windows 7 is the last OS to feature the taskbar, a tool on the bottom of the screen to easily navigate through programs.

Windows 7 features also the minimize, downsize, and exit tool, which many programs on Windows 8 do not.

The Windows 8 app store is clearly hard to use, because of software limitations and limited amount of current software.
Windows 7 is easy, because you can download any product or application without the limitations of Windows 8.

Windows 7 also holds more current software needs than Windows 8. Windows 8 is new to the market, and many software applications we use have not yet upgraded to the new 8. Windows 7 holds more software abilities to many programs we know today.

Windows 7 is also at its stable version. Windows 8 still has a few bugs to wring out, which may take a while.

Windows 7's navigation is clearly more basic than Windows 8. The desktop is clear to read on 7, while 8 has complicated program pictures and text.

Touch Screens can also be heard to navigate.

Windows 8 will take much learning to use, unlike Windows 7. Windows 7 has been around for a while, making it easy to use to consumers, while 8 consumers need time to learn how to use it.

Source: me

bencbartlett forfeited this round.

Lost for words?

I'm sorry - I thought there was the 72 hour response period like on most debates; I was not intentionally meaning to forfeit. However, since I didn't notice that, I will concede.