tennis47
Deathbeforedishonour

Winter is better than Summer.

tennis47

Pro

Since AppleMacFanBoy hasn't allowed me to debate against him, I'm making my own.

Round 1- Post your argument
Round 2-I will refute yours, and you will refute and argue
Round 3- I will refute and argue. So will you.
Round 4-closing arguments

Good luck! ;)
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

I thank my opponent for his challenge and I hope this debate goes well.

I will define Winter and Summer as follows:

Summer-- the period from the summer solstice (usually June 20 or 21 in the Northern Hemisphere) to the autumn equinox [1].

Winter-- The period from the Winter solstice to the next equinox [2].

I will be doing this from the Season schedule in the U.S.A. I add these facts because my opponent didn't these specifics are vital.

Contention 1: Growing Season

I will be conducting this debate with the utilitarian point of view. In otherwards I will be defending summer as more useful then winter or that summer causes more happiness then winter. This first contention will be in defense of Summer because it is the growing season in which we grow all the crops that we either sell or keep to ourselves to use [3]. However, Winter does not have any particular usefulness in this area since most pants die.

Contention 2: Vacation.

Summer is the the time when most schools let out for three months thus, the majority of students are made happiung by this, and summer becomes a season of joy and free time away from academics.

Contention 3: Girls and clothing.

This last contention will be from the stand point of guys or the male half of the human species becoming more happier in summer then anyother part of the year. This is due to the temperature increase in summer. The female half of our species become more hot and therefore, where less clothing and the change becomes attractive to the men and boys. This increase in happiness isin half the population of Earth means Summer is better then Winter since winter means women put on more clothing to stay warm.

I will now await my opponent's response.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[3]http://en.wikipedia.org...
tennis47

Pro

Thank you for accepting my challenge, and I hope that this will be a friendly debate.

" summer causes more happiness then winter."
-Not necessarily. Our summers are getting longer and more warm because of global warming, and

" Summer is the growing season in which we grow all the crops that we either sell or keep to ourselves to use [3]. However, Winter does not have any particular usefulness in this area since most pants die."
-All the seasons are needed in the circle of life, and winter is the hibernation time for all the animals who have been stocking up and working hard during spring, summer, AND fall. Also, my opponent used "pants" instead of "plants". Point for spelling and grammar.

" Summer is the the time when most schools let out for three months thus, the majority of students are made happiung by this, and summer becomes a season of joy and free time away from academics."
-Not everybody hates school, you know. There are some kids who enjoy school, and also, HELLO? Have you ever heard of summer school? Or kumon or strict parents.........

" the male half of the human species becoming more happier in summer then any other part of the year. This is due to the temperature increase in summer. The female half of our species become more hot and therefore, where less clothing and the change becomes attractive to the men and boys."
-Firstly-Hello? Have you ever heard of global warming? In the countries closest to the equator, the heat becomes almost unbearable in summer. Also, not every girl gets hotter or wears attractive clothing during the summer. There are problems of sunstroke, heatstroke, sunburn and all that stuff. Not to mention bugs and spiders and grass snakes (big ones aren't creepy-only grass snakes because they're so little and they are easily hidden.).

Now to present my case:

1. Winters are rare.

The majority of the world doesn't even get winters, or at least to see real snow in person. There will always be tropical weather vacations somewhere in the world, all year-long, but winters only last about 3 months.

2.Winter is FUN!

In winter there's tobogganing, there's skiing, there's throwing snowballs at people, there's building forts, there's making snowmen, and there are also holidays in Winter such as Christmas and Hanukkah and New Year's, and Family Day............and it's also movie season!

3. The food.

The title says it all. Hot soups, warm beverages like coffee and/or hot chocolate, tea, and other things too!

That's all. Good luck!
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

Deathbeforedishonour forfeited this round.
tennis47

Pro

Summers are long and hot. Winters are short and cold. 24/7,there will ALWAYS be a tropical temperature somewhere in the world. Right now, the same goes for Winter, but with global warming, our Winters are going fast.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! ;)
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

tennis47

Pro

Happy New Year's everyone!

Two words: Global warming.
It makes the summers long and too hot, there are lots of bugs, and lots of kids forget about school during summer, and they don't do so well in the next grade, so Summer basically damages a child's education.

Vote Pro! ;)
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

Posted by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
haha ;P
no comment. lol
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 3 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
I looooove hot weather. :D
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
U insane? It's hotter than helll, and ur wearing pants? Crazy. :)
Deathbeforedishonour
I wear a pair pants and flip flops. ;)
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
I'n the hot of the summer, the only thing I wear, are the shortest shorts I have, and a tank top. and flip-lops.
Deathbeforedishonour
Hehe(;
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
Why wouldn't I know what ya mean. lol I know exactly what ya mean. ;D
Deathbeforedishonour
"I can can only get down to so much clothes on my body"

That is the biggest reason I love summer. ;D

(if ya know what I mean) XD
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
I particularly like fall, it's so beautiful and a good season. It's not too cold or too hot. I also like it, because I can layer up, as in summer I can only get down to so much cloths on my body. And it's so hot, sometimes unbearable. :)