Kyris
PengWing

Wisdom is the single most important trait of humanity

Kyris

Pro

True wisdom, wholly and truly objective in nature, is the most important trait one can have.

It transcends and encompasses all other virtuous traits.

In all walks of life, true wisdom allows us to accomplish much more than without.
PengWing

Con

Definitions-
Wisdom: the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment
Humanity: the human race; human beings collectively.

What is most important to our race is not if we are smart or not or if we are wise. But, our ability to survive.
I will argue that our ability to survive is linked to adaptability and physical strength over being wise.
Kyris

Pro

Firstly I'd like to thank you for taking the time to debate with me. Hopefully others will learn something from our discourse.

Secondly I would like to remind you that the term "race" is strictly a categorization of and does not replace the term humanity.

The "survival of the fittest" mentality is archaic and nondescript; it has no place in modern society.

That being said, wisdom takes that mentality and expands on it to include a broader spectrum of benefit to humanity.

Including love, etc.
PengWing

Con

Maybe, for one person to rule over others and to advance in life, wisdom was needed. However, it was not needed to our survival at all.
What we needed for our survival isn't the tactics on how to hunt more, or live more comfortably. But, the ability to hunt to begin with, in order to eat.
The ability to protect oneself and loved ones to procreate and protect our young. So that will have a newer generation.
Kyris

Pro

Your argument is based on regressive ideology.

Regression is not a virtue when progression is the goal.

If we are to move forward true wisdom is of the utmost importance, much more so than our basic survival needs.

We will always be able to hunt and gather like our ancestors have for millennia to ensure our survival which at it's root is purely an individualistic necessity.

We will not always be able to fix deeper societal issues unless we learn to be wise in the truest sense of the word.
PengWing

Con

Even if we didn't "fix deeper societal issues"
so what? that doesn't affect us as a race as much as lacking an ability to adapt.
Being able to adapt, is more important as it ensures our survival.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Thanks to you too. Great to share the same wisdom.
Posted by Kyris 1 year ago
Kyris
Agreed. Thanks for the comment.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
It is a wise thing to do...
Posted by Kyris 1 year ago
Kyris
We are literally on debate.org and you are trying to argue in a comment section rather than challenging me.

Your head is on backwards.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Person 1. Person 2. person 3.... So wisdom can not be any broader then that..."One ideology"... Hmmm...That was my point..The most negative human trait.
Posted by Kyris 1 year ago
Kyris
Wisdom is singular and has no plural.

Broaden your scope.

Wisdom takes what is true and sound from all things and compiles into one ideology.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Yes why not. But you will end up with "7 billion wisdoms" . Many will fight about the "truth", and what wisdom is the wisest, (religion. Politics or even philosophy). So maybe it is the most negative human trait of all.
Posted by Kyris 1 year ago
Kyris
Canis

That I do not deny. I simply bundle it inside of wisdom.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
"The "survival of the fittest" mentality is archaic and nondescript; it has no place in modern society."
Well it is a princip that will always be at work in any aspect of life.
Posted by Kyris 1 year ago
Kyris
GrimlyF

Of course I would have you be knowledgeable and carefree.

PengWing

I'd give you advice to focus on the quality of your words, rather than the quantity.