Wisdom vs. Logic?

Ah the great question about Wisdom and Logic. I was wondering...
These two coexist but surely one can be higher than the other? Is it better to be wise when your old or to posses a great deal of logic at your disposal? I believe that a person is remembered longer through time for his wise philosophies instead of his logical theories. But there are a large number of people who are famous for their logic... Einstein for example ( But just a side note, old Albert was very wise too :)... )

Thank you for starting.

I must say, though, that there is a reason that debates are considered exercises in logic.

Thank you for the rebound.
That might be true, you need logic for a good debate but you also need to express that logic towards others in a way which people can interpret. Once again a person has to be wise in order to express his/her logic.
I am not stating that being unintelligent and having streetsmarts is better than being intelligent alone. I am stating that being wise with your thoughts and actions (along with logic) is better than being supremely smart and having no regard for wise choices.

Returning to a secondary statement:
People are remembered longer for their wisdom.
I am sure the voters will agree that this statement has a personal angle. We all have at least one person we know of who is extremely wise, whether it be a father, mother, grandparent or close friend, this person is usually very important in our eyes because of the life lessons they teach us.
Let's face it, a good piece of wisdom(advice counts as well) is far better than a paragraph of theory or facts.

We tend to remember the little things in life rather than the physical facts we've learned through the years.

The reason for that is because we're human... :)

Pathagreas. Who was that man? The math student would say something about the hypotenuis of an isoscelese triangle. The Average Alex, though, would say "he was a mathmatician".

Now ask who Plato was. Everyone heard about Plato because of his dabblings in logic and philosophy.
Let us go to one of the most famous philosophers. The Bhudda. I am not sure if I'm spelling Bhudda correctly.

Bhudda did not learn facts in order to come up with his world-famous ideas. He reasoned and thought. He did not work off of facts, but ideas of existence.
That's what I have.

It would seem the argument can only be boiled down to personal opinion, considering the difficulty between the two.
I can personally say that I learned a few things about the two choices. Yes to be wise is good, yes to be smart is good and yes to be wise AND smart is very good, but is the one more important than the other?
That we can leave for the voters to decide...:)
Thanks for the reasonable debate.

Indeed, RZAmanz (how is that pronounced? Raza-manz? R. Z. A. Manz?)

God bless you.
May the Force be with you.
Live Long and Prosper.
May Llama-Lord spit on us all.
Vote Placed by JayDaylDayJay 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: RZAman actually had an argument, while Kumquatador just listed some people who are known for their logic/reason. I personally think this should have been 4 or 5 rounds for a proper argument. Since no one had rebutted, and only RZAman made an argument my vote has to go to him.