arawls
elvislives

Witchcraft is not satanism.

arawls

Pro

As a Wiccan, the topic of witchcraft is near and dear to my heart. I aggravates me to no end to hear people call witches "devil worshipers" and to see then explode with hatred whenever they see something like the pentagram (which has no connection to any religions "devil"). If you think witchcraft is evil, then let me show you how you're wrong.
elvislives

Con

Well in my opinion I've had many people and family members that have been and still are in witchcraft and they act as though they believe in the devil. I've asked them many questions about their belief or whatever it is they do and they just tell me "Oh don't worry it's none of your business." So I really don't agree with something that people don't like to explain what they are studying or believe in.
arawls

Pro

arawls forfeited this round.
elvislives

Con

http://m.voices.yahoo.com...

Wiccans or Satanists. These include:

1) Never forcing anyone to abandon their religious beliefs. You can worship whatever God you want to we don't care. There are even agnostics and atheists in both Wicca and Satanism. The attitude is generally this: "What God I worship is my business not yours. Also, what God you worship is your business and not mine."

2) "You can teach your children what you want. Again we don't care '" as long as my kids do not have to listen to it or my tax dollars support it."

3) No cannibalism. That's a baddie.

4) No harming children. That's pretty much an unforgiveable baddie in both belief systems.

5) No plans for world domination. Now,this writer knows that I've mentioned this before, but that's only because I know some of you weren't paying attention earlier.

6) Respecting nature is important. There are some Wiccans who will quibble that they respect Nature more than Satanists,but there are many Satanists who quietly do what they can to help the environment and animals.

7) All individuals are free to make their own choices about their lives,thank you very much.

Other Comparisons

Both Wiccans and Satanists use five-pointed pentagrams as their symbols. However, Wiccan pentagrams have their single point faacing upwards,while Satanists have their pentagram's single point facing downwards or at a rakish angle.
arawls

Pro

arawls forfeited this round.
elvislives

Con

Well it looks like the instigator has pretty much surrendered in arguing any longer.
arawls

Pro

arawls forfeited this round.
elvislives

Con

This will be my final argument since my opponent has forfeited all the rounds. I have pretty much posted truth saying that witchcraft is tied into sadistic belief. I do understand that it is true that not all is tied into sadistic belief but that is how witchcraft was started.
arawls

Pro

arawls forfeited this round.
elvislives

Con

I think that this debate was a waste of time since my opponent has forfeited all the rounds. Anyways thanks for everything.
Posted by hikarijon 4 years ago
hikarijon
Hehe thats really funny....someone practices a method and gets called a devil worshipper hehe, that implies that there are religious grounds for hating witches....hm, well in that case if the people who slaughter millions in the name of the invisible man in the sky can call someone who practices another unproven magical form devil worship then there is no hope for anyone....what a crazy world....pot, kettle, black anyone? a belief system is just that...a belief system from whichever side of the fence you are on so I think its time we started addressing the real issues and leave religion etc in the philosophy cupboard lol
Posted by arawls 4 years ago
arawls
Wicca is not a broad term. What you're thinking of is paganism. Wicca is its own legally recognized religion. Wicca is a pagan religion but its only one of many. Granted there are different sects of Wicca just as there are different sects of Christianity.
Posted by Disquisition 4 years ago
Disquisition
From a my understanding wiccan is a broad term, so should specify what you actually do or follow in your belief system.