SpannerWrench
names1313

"With Age Comes Wisdom."

SpannerWrench

Con

People often deffer to the wisdom of our elders as if it were law. One may repeat the old adage, "With age comes wisdom." However, I continue to find this as a false blanket statement, especially in this electronic age where those that precede us can be both more profound and wise.

One cannot know everything; one will never know everything; and there may always be something to learn from the person one is talking to.

Five year old children can have more wisdom than an eighty year old recluse.
names1313

Pro

Good afternoon, my name is Naomi and I am here to address the issue; "Be it resolved, with age comes wisdom." I believe that the resolution must stand. I base my opinion on three pillars of argument.

1. My definition of 'wise' is having knowledge, experience and good judgement of something; for example everyday life situations like drinking coffee after brushing your teeth. That wouldn't have such a great flavoursome taste.

2. I strongly address that we have most likely all head of the quote, 'you learn from your mistakes.' People who are aging have made many mistakes in their past lives like we all do on a daily basis and they learn from these faults; like getting a tattoo that is shaming, they have learned that their decision wasn't wise at all.

3. People have made many unfortunate bad decisions within their lives and sometimes people who have aged have done so, but this does not mean that they don't have wisdom. At every age people have wisdom, but I believe that people who have more life experience can choose the right from the wrong in commonplace life situations that can be thrown at anyone at any time. People who are wise can have doubts and others can be wild, frantic and free but anyone could be in a circumstance to be both wise and wild, but being wise can be a stronger way of addressing an issue.
It was once said, "To be wise and old, you must first be young and stupid." I conclude this debate by addressing, "Without age DOES come wisdom." In addition, I am much obliged that you have read my affirmative argument of why, "with age wisdom comes."

Thank you, Naomi.
SpannerWrench

Con

SpannerWrench forfeited this round.
names1313

Pro

names1313 forfeited this round.
SpannerWrench

Con

SpannerWrench forfeited this round.
names1313

Pro

names1313 forfeited this round.
Posted by names1313 2 years ago
names1313
I have made a mistake on my speech. There isn't a space between the third paragraph and the conclusion.