roadrider13
nobleislandbag

Without religion, would the world be a better place???

nobleislandbag has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

roadrider13

Pro

Religion is a key aspect of life these days. There are different religions throughout the world (EX: Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism,etc.) But... what if religion never existed? I believe if religion never entered the scene, the world would of been more peaceful than it is now. Think of it, if religion never lived... big tragic event would of been prevented like the Holocaust. I would appreciate your answer.
nobleislandbag

Con

Ready to debate when you are sir.
roadrider13

Pro

you start off
nobleislandbag

Con

Now, "the world being a better place" has different definitions to every person. So, I'd like you to go first, and define what you mean by the world being a better place. Are you talking about how each person perceives the world? Or about world peace? Or is it about tying communities together?
Please define this before we start debating. And we have three rounds left so I advise you to start and not hand the mic over to me.
roadrider13

Pro

K... But thought i think religion limits you in many ways, like if your Jewish, you can't marry anyone that's not Jewish. Or if your Buddhism, you can't kill anyone so you can't join a military role that includes you killing anybody, some limits of religion are good while others are bad.
Posted by roadrider13 2 weeks ago
roadrider13
np
Posted by nobleislandbag 3 weeks ago
nobleislandbag
So sorry for the forfeit, especially since it was your debate
Posted by roadrider13 1 month ago
roadrider13
religion is not that bad but thought i think its expressed too much
Posted by Goldenghost10 1 month ago
Goldenghost10
yes iot would religion is something manmade so man can cry to each day!
Posted by Crampage 1 month ago
Crampage
Considering the number of atrocities caused by religion, I think the world could have been a better place without it. But, I am also aware of the fact that religion gives strength to quite a lot of people living in this world, so if religion forbids any possible discrimination against the others, it will be beneficial in maintaining healthy mentality of people.
Posted by rolltheballaz 1 month ago
rolltheballaz
Thank you for sharing this article with us! I believe there will be more people like me, they can find many interesting things in this article of you!
- impossible game - roll the ball
Posted by WinBoat 1 month ago
WinBoat
The world would be worse without religion. Religion sadly gives most people a guideline on how to live. Also, it gives a lot of people comfort, and hope, happiness. Take that away, their lives might spiral out of control.