Krookednook
mbrownie

Wolves are overrated

Krookednook

Pro

Now, let me start off by saying that I don`t hate wolves. I just think that they are overrated and obsessed over in common media.

I mean, is creating werewolf fanfics and spamming anyone who dislikes your `beautiful creatures` really necessary? I believe wolves are cool, but there are other creatures out there that deserve the love wolves get much more than a dogs wild counterpart.
mbrownie

Con

I believe that wolves are overrated, due to the fact that so many people are now talking about 'furries' and creepy things like that. Wolves don't do very many things, and somehow, they are one of the world's best known and well researched animals, with probably more books written about it than any other wildlife species. Wolves are just an overrated species of dogs. There are somehow comics written about the wolves, furries, and something called 'animal jam'. Everything they do completely overrates the wolf, who really don't deserve the special attention they get just because they 'howl at the moon' or 'stay in packs' or 'can run marathons'. Honestly, I don't get what the fuss is all about. Clearly, the humans can dominate the entire wolf species in just a few days, and there would be no point causing wolves to be overrated because the wolves would all be extinct, like the dinosaurs.
This is why I believe that wolves are overrated.
Krookednook

Pro

um if you are con you need to explain why wolves are NOT overrated.

- -
I I
~~
mbrownie

Con

Um..... What?

I go back to what I say before, wolves can be extremely overrated. Imagine what would happen if a little kid is walking around the park or something, and someone dressed in a wolf furry-look it up- appears. Scarring you, and everyone in the immediate vicinity, they are creating an easily depicted image of how wolves are overrated.
Krookednook

Pro

ugh

You signed up for con. The name was Wolves Are Overrated. And if you even read my first debate topic you would know that you are supposed to be writing about how wolves ARE NOT overrated. It is not that hard to read a few lines of speech.

jeez
mbrownie

Con

Well excuse me for not understanding. I guess I'm sorry for not understanding, but you have no reason to get so snarky about it.
I guess wolves aren't overrated. (even though my previous argument was not half as bad, even though I didn't agree with what I was saying)
First and second entry:
Wolves aren't overrated. They are majestic creatures that deserve to be recognized. As creepy as furries are, wolves are the masters of hunting. They live in packs, and they have their own way of communicating, which is a reason why they howl. People admire the species of wolf so much that they write stories about them- books, comics, even some fanfictions, just like Erin Hunter's Warriors series but merely wolves.
I'm sorry I didn't understand the previous question, but I can clearly live up to this topic.
Third entry:
Wolves are the masters of marathon running. They can run so far as to take down a full grown moose- and can possibly fight a cougar and win, if there is more of them.
They communicate through dog tricks to show submission to the Alpha- and they have a better government than we humans do.
Wolves don't need to be discarded like the common puppy, in fact, they are one of the most interesting species of them all.
I really am sorry for not understanding- I'm new, so I just, I don't know, typed up what I believed that I signed up for.
I won't back down, though.
Krookednook

Pro

Well, even if wolves are majestic creatures, I doubt that they deserve the love they get. Take a look at tigers. They are loved, but not NEARLY as much as wolves. But the thing is they have beautiful patterns and hunting techniques that remind you of stealth and grace. They are the paintings of the jungles, and also the killers. Foxes are beautiful and extremely intelligent. And, as I stated before, wolves are just wild dogs. Oh, they howl. So what? The call of the Kakapo is interesting, and it makes you wonder HOW they do it. Sure, it doesn't sound majestic, but there are other sounds animals make. The roar of the lion is magnificent, and also is threatening to nearby animals. And they aren`t the only animals that communicate or live in packs.

Wolves are fast, but many animals are faster. A full grown wolf wouldn`t be able to take down a lion, tiger or cheetah, even with its pack. The lion and tiger would overpower them and the cheetah would outrun them. Anyway, if you think wolves have a better government than us, then I guess we should go around attacking the weak and start worshiping our presidents. Or we should start ranking people depending on how strong they are.

Wolves aren`t special. They are like any other animal, a wild creature. And they are definitely not unique, compared to other animal species.
mbrownie

Con

My opponent claims that wolves are in fact overrated, that they, and I quotes, "are definitely not unique, compared to other animal species." As there are really cool species out there, that does not cause wolves to be overrated.
Overrated means putting something in a higher meaning than they deserve.

According to random history .com, it states that "The Vikings wore wolf skins and drank wolf blood to take on the wolf's spirit in battle." (This is not copying, I added quotation marks for those who think I copy)

The bear is the 'champion sniffer'- the best in the apparent mammal species. But the wolf has an amazing sense of smell too- and from the same source as before, "Wolves have about 200 million scent cells. Humans have only about 5 million. Wolves can smell other animals more than one, mile (1.6 kilometers) away." So they can smell things way better than we can, so isn't that worth some kind of praise?

"Wolves were once the most widely distributed land predator the world has ever seen. The only places they didn"t thrive were in the true desert and rain forests." As my opponent argues that tigers are "the paintings of the jungles, and also the killers.", my evidence shows that the wolves actually were once "the most widely distributed land predator", so the tiger's would be less important than the wolves at this point.

Which animal has the most crushing jaws in the world? The answer is the saltwater crocodile with a PSI of 7700. But the wolf comes in 19, with the PSI of 406, better than the cougar, the African wild dog, tiger shark, and the leopard.
"Immense power is concentrated in a wolf"s jaw. It has a crushing pressure of nearly 1,500 pound per square inch (compared with around 750 for a large dog). The jaws themselves are massive, bearing 42 teeth specialized for stabbing, shearing, and crunching bones. " (From random history.com and tail and fur.com)

My opponent says that lions could defeat wolves- most likely, but wolves don't live anywhere around lions, and that theory is not plausible if there is no evidence to prove that wolves do in fact fight lions. Panait Cirian from quora.com states that, "everyone says lion although they forget a number things: 1. male lions usually do not hunt; is the lionesses and cubs. 2. they do not have a lot of stamina and often get beaten up by their prey (yes, bulls often beat lions) 3. wolves are much smarter than lions and have more stamina 4. lions are ambush animals ; if the ambush fails a lion will usually just give up; and ambush will not work on wolves. 5. wolves were considered a real threat for humans while the wild forest was untamed. lions may have killed one or two humans but by large they were hunted down with ease especially because they have virtually no stamina. so wolves would win." So in reality, if wolves and lions did come across each other in the wild, the wolves will win and the lions would lose.

Wolves are both beautiful and intelligent, just like the foxes. Wolves aren't only wild dogs, they aren't domesticated. Dogs, however, are literally called "man's best friend", because most dogs are trained and they obey practically the humans' beck and call.
But the wolves, however, are different.
"Wolves howl for a variety of reasons. Pack members will chorus howl to defend their territory and rally the pack together. Most howls heard in the pack are chorus howls (involving three or more wolves). These group "sing-a-longs" may be started by any pack member, or they may be a response to the howling of a neighboring pack of wolves or a coyote. Wolves will even howl in response to something that just sounds similar to a howl, like a train whistle, fire or police car siren or even a human howling! Such howls, though social in nature, also serve to defend the pack"s territory against other wolves." So the howls aren't just a regular howl that people bring it down to.

So in reality, it isn't the wolves fault that people make fan-fictions and things like that about them. But they deserve it- the majestic and beautiful wolves are every ounce of the popularity they get.

http://facts.randomhistory.com...
http://tailandfur.com...
https://www.fws.gov...
http://wolfpark.org...
(I am not copying because I put quotations, meaning quotes.)