cherrytree
eastcoastsamuel

Woman belong in a kitchen

cherrytree

Pro

i believe that all woman without acception belong in a kichen. they should be not alowed to leave.
eastcoastsamuel

Con

I accept the challenge and am ready to debate.
cherrytree

Pro

cherrytree forfeited this round.
eastcoastsamuel

Con

eastcoastsamuel forfeited this round.
cherrytree

Pro

woman are week and live to serve men. in the kichen they can do that and mak yummy sandwitches
eastcoastsamuel

Con

I will rebut two parts of my opponents' arguments. The first is that "women are weak" and the second is that they "live to serve men".

1.) "Women are weak."

Women throughout history have shown themselves to be as strong--and even stronger--than men. As a teenager, Joan of Arc was able to lead the French army to victory against the English and escort a king to his coronation [1], something that men could not accomplish. A fourteen year-old Shoshone named Sacagawea joined the Corps of Discovery, moving from St. Louis to the Pacific Ocean. Thanks to her heritage, Sacagawea was able to get horses and supplies for the party, and possibly prevented other Native Americans from attacking the Corps, resulting them in reaching the Pacific [2]. At the age of two, Helen Keller became blind and deaf after an illness. Despite her setbacks, Keller was able to get a Bachelor's degree magna cum laude from Radcliffe College and tour the country, lecturing about blindness. She was even able to meet every president from Grover Cleveland to Lyndon Johnson [3]. The numerous examples of strong women both in history and in today's society show that the claim that women are weak is far from correct.

2.) "Women live to serve men."

I have been unable to find any conclusive evidence outside of a few blog posts (which were all opinion-based) that proves this assumption. My opponent does not elaborate on this contention either, simply saying that women can serve men in the kitchen and "mak yummy sandwitches". Considering the fact that this contention strongly appears to be one of an opinion, and not one that is based on reliable fact or reasoning, this contention does not prove the resolution that women belong in a kitchen, and therefore falls.

In conclusion, both of my opponents' arguments are neither backed up by hardcore evidence nor appear to be anything but an opinion. Therefore, I strongly urge a con ballot. Thank you.

SOURCES:
[1] http://www.biography.com...
[2] http://www.pbs.org...
[3] http://www.hki.org...
cherrytree

Pro

cherrytree forfeited this round.
eastcoastsamuel

Con

In his arguments, my opponent has not been able to elaborate on his claims or back them up with any evidence. He has not responded to my rebuttals of his arguments as well. Considering that my opponent has not been able to show anything whatsoever that supports himself, his contentions that women are weaker than men and belong in a kitchen fall. Therefore, I strongly urge a ballot against this resolution. Thank you.
Posted by thetallest1 4 years ago
thetallest1
ok fair enough and thank you emospongebob, it just proves cherrytree wrong about women being weak and living to serve men. dont be an a## hole people!
Posted by eastcoastsamuel 4 years ago
eastcoastsamuel
I am deferring my arguments until my opponent has properly defined the resolution and his own arguments.
Posted by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
thetallest1, I DID think before I typed. He explicitly said, "they should not be allowed to leave." Taken at face value, that would mean they cannot leave to use the bathroom or leave to go to bed.
Posted by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
Dayum woman. That was bold. lol
Posted by thetallest1 4 years ago
thetallest1
ok first of all philochristos think before you type. No he does not mean they must live in the kitchen he mean s that wome should be the ones who do the cooking the cleaning etc.
This pisses me off. I cook beause i like too not because its my "place". I think anybody who says that is a person who probably wont like a woman doing certain jobs or sports like NASCAR. So shut up.
Posted by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
Are you saying they should sleep in the kitchen and go to the bathroom in the kitchen?