LoopsEye
QandA

Woman in Islam Protected(Pro) or Subjugated(Con)

LoopsEye

LoopsEye

Pro

In the name of God Most Gracious, Most Merciful..

Its one of the most discussed topic regarding Islam and one of the most criticized issue of today's age.

We now have Feminism Womenism and many other Movements Rising for the Rights of Woman Liberation and Their Stand in Society.. but I believe Unknowingly and Knowingly People Ignore the best laid laws & systems which are ultimate to protect the dignity respect and status of Woman in society! So Here My Argument is that Islam has given Women the best Possible Status on This Earth .. and People are not aware of it..

Rules:

1. Con must be a dignified learned person who have faith in liberation and Respectfulness.

1. No Hatred but Better Understanding.

1. Con can present BOP or ask BOP

1. No Arguments in Last Round.

1. Evidence can be History, Proven Facts, Fair Logic.

1. No Talk without Proof or evidence.

1. *Debate is about Status of Women in Islam* not how people are following it please do not go out of context.

Purpose: Well the purpose of my previous, this and up coming debates is never to hurt any personal or private feelings of anyone I believe the purpose always be to learn and seek knowledge and establish Truth & the right facts for the people out there and to make people understand the difference between Rational & Irrational Thoughts.
QandA

Con

As you command it, I will try and keep my argument related to the religious views on the status of women rather than the cultural take, although it can't be denied that the harsh cultural views on the status of woman would not exist without what I think to be the equally, if not harsher and immoral religious teachings of the Qur'an on the rights, respect and status of women.

BEATING

Muhammad beat his wives.

... He (Muhammad) struck me (Aisha) on the chest which caused me pain ... (Muslim: bk. 4, no. 2127)

Muhammad's companions also beat his wives and other women.

Narrated Aisha: "A necklace of mine was lost at Al-Baida' and we were on our way to Medina. The Prophet made his camel kneel down and dismounted and laid his head on my lap and slept. Abu Bakr came to me and hit me violently on the chest and said, "You have detained the people because of a necklace." ... (Bukhari: vol. 6, bk. 60, no. 132, Khan)

In the Qur'an Muhammad commanded that beating was part of the process for controlling a rebellious wife.

"And those (wives) you fear may be rebellious admonish; banish them to their couches, and beat them." (Qur'an 4:34, Arberry)

SATISFYING THE MAN'S SEXUAL DESIRES

The Qur'an, speaking figuratively about sex, says of women:

"Women are your fields: go, then, into your fields whence you please". (Qur'an 2:223, Dawood)

Muhammad gave strong warnings to women who would not accommodate their husband's or master's desire.

Talq b. `Ali reported God's messenger as saying, "When a man calls his wife to satisfy his desire she must go to him even if she is occupied at the oven." Tirmidhi transmitted it. (Mishkat Al-Masabih: vol. 2, p. 691)

MENTAL CAPACITY

The Qur'an says that the testimony of a woman is not equal to that of a man. It says that the testimony of two women is required to be equal to the testimony of one man.
"Call in two male witnesses from among you, but if two men cannot be found, then one man and two women whom you judge fit to act as witnesses". (Qur'an 2:282, Dawood)

Why is it that the testimony of a woman is only worth half that of a man? Muhammad explains in the following hadith.

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, "Isn't the witness of a women equal to half that of a man?" The women said "yes". He said "This is because of the deficiency of the women's mind." (Bukhari: vol. 3, bk. 48, no. 826, Khan)

THERE ARE MORE WOMEN IN HELL AND LESS IN HEAVEN

Ibn Abbas reported that Allah's Messenger said: "I had a chance to look into paradise and I found that majority of the people was poor and I looked into the Fire and there I found the majority constituted by women". (Muslim: bk. 36, no. 6596-6601, Siddiqui)

Taking all this into account I don't feel as if the Islam religion gives women the slightest sliver of rights. They essentially have no rights and are treated like property or cattle. I'm sorry but saying that Islam has given Women the best possible status on this Earth is an insult to the Muslim women who are beaten, used as sex slaves and are treated as all round inferior to men. However what's more important in relation to this debate is the fact that women are ALLOWED be beaten, used as sex slaves and to be seen as inferior under the Islamic religion, as I have shown.

I look forward to your response.
LoopsEye

Pro

In the name of God Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

I hope readers are alright May God's Blessing be Upon You All.. Those who seek truth.

I sadly see how things go wrong...If we agree with the ‘Women’s rights in Islam’, as portrayed by the Western media, you have no option, but to agree that the ‘Women’s rights in Islam’ are outdated. Let me share a classic example How People in Media Portray a Real Picture...

and there are hundreds of examples across the Internet where Truth is Exposed from BIG NAME MEDIA CHANNELS!
The Western talk of women’s liberation, is actually a disguised form of exploitation of her body, deprivation of her honour and degradation of her soul.

The Western society which speaks of upgrading the status of women in Islam, have actually reduced her status to concubines, to mistresses, to society butterflies, which are mere tools in the hands of sex marketers and pleasure seekers, which are disguised behind the colorful screen of art and culture.

Oxford dictionary: ‘Women’s Rights are the rights, that promote a position of social and legal equality, of women to men’

so what ever I'm going to speak of is based on Real Experiences and Facts not on Theories Philosophies & Ideas of Big Figures!

Because we all know..--Indeed the great brains of one time, believed that the world was flat.

Women Rights in Islam

Islam’s radical revolutionary support, gave women their due right and status in the days of ignorance… 1,500 years ago!!

Islam’s objective was and continues to be, to modernise our thinking, our living, our seeing, our hearing, our feeling and striving for the women’s uplifted and emancipation in the society.

ISLAM--THE--FASTEST--GROWING--RELIGION.

In Islam, the role of a man and woman is complimentary, it is not conflicting. It is that of a partnership, it is not contradictory, so as to strive for supremacy.
Since Last Hundred Years..

Source (FastestGrowingReligon.com & Christian Encyclopaedia)

Also it statistics say by 2050 Islam will be the Largest Religion on Earth..

AND YOU KNOW THE AMAZING NEWS??

In Conversion WOMAN ARE MORE THEN MEN!

How 100,000 Britons have chosen to become Muslim... and average convert is 27-year-old white woman -5 January 2011

http://goo.gl...

THEY QUESTION IS IF ISLAM IS SO OPRESSIVE THEN WHY DO PEOPLE ARE CONVERTING TO ISLAM? AND MOST OF WOMEN?

SO I ASK YOU WHICH MAJOR WAR HAVE ISLAM FOUGHT IN WEST SINCE LAST 100 YERAS (With most growth rate?)?? IN INDONASIA( LARGEST MUSLIM COUNTRY)

I CAN GO ON AND ON GIVING NEW RECORDS ABOUT IT..

As against Men! Islam believes in equality of men and women – ‘Equality’ does not mean ‘identicality’.

Where ‘Women’s rights in Islam’ is concerned, it can be divided in 6 Broad Categories.

Spiritual Rights
Economical Rights
Social Rights
Educational Rights
Legal Rights
Political Rights
Since The categories are too much broad to be discussed all together I would like to stay to what only Con have said and Would Like to Clarify His Doubts about what He have posed!

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION ABOUT ISLAM YOU CAN MESSAGE ME RIGHT AWAY FOR PERSONAL/PUBLIC DEBATE!

Reply#1

Muhammad(P B U H) Struck Aisha(R.A).. Muhammad(P B U H)'s Companion did so.. & Quran Also Said so...

Lets First see what Quran says:

The Thing is You have half quoted the verse which makes it seem extremely violent!

The Verse Goes: "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all). http://goo.gl...

Word is Daraba

+10 Translators add (Lightly) to make it easy to Understand to People who are not reading the explanation!
English is way much more limited then Arabic when it comes to translations so translators are bound to write it like that

e.g. There are +27 Words for verb
"Sleeping" in Arabic which are used where sense fits!

If you read the same Quran You get to have More 4 meaning of Word

Example; Giving Example; Go Aboard;Desert & Beat

So Here it Refers to an Exemplary Gesture! A Symbolic Gesture!

ISLAM DOES ALLOWS A PERSON TO BEAT(condition applied) TO HIS WIFE BUT *LIGHTLY* & ONE LAST TIME! AND THAT

***ONLY IF THEY ARE DISLOYAL DOING SOMETHING PROHIBITED HAVE ILL CONDUCT & THIS IT IS THE LAST RESORT BEFORE A MARRIAGE BREAKS! THAT ONLY NEVER ON FACE AND WHICH DOES NOT LEAVES EVEN A "REDISHNESS"***

Dont you hit your child? Do you hate them? No! You Love Them! You Dont want to Lose them if a "little harsh treatment" can bring them to right path you do it and same Quran Allows!
(Read Quran Explanation for details)

Indeed Quran says:
If you are going to Even Divorce them Do Not Harm/Hit Them (Quran 2:231)
"…And live with them in kindness…" (Quran 4:19)
“and live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah brings through it a great deal of good”(Quran 4:19)

Moreover:

“And they (women) have rights similar over them to what is reasonable, but men have a degree (of responsibility) over them. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise”(Quran 2:228)

After we Understand when and How a Muslim is allowed to once lightly hit astray wife..

Lets see what Muhammad(P B U H) said

“The best of you are those who are the best to their wives, al-Tirmidhi, 3895; Ibn Maajah, 1977

He speaks of Love with Wife:
“You never spend anything but you will be rewarded for it, even the morsel of food that you lift to your wife’s mouth.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6352; Muslim, 1628

Al-Hasan al-Basri(R.A) said: this means that it should not cause pain.

‘Ata’(R.A) said: I said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, what is the kind of hitting that is not harsh? He said, Hitting with a siwaak. AND HERE IS A SIWAK!

Its Very Limited to Speak Here I would Go Further to Your Points

YOU SAID PROPHET MUHAMMAD (p b u h) HIT HIS WIFE.. IF YOU READ FULL NARRATION YOU COME TO KNOW IT WAS OUT OF LOVE AND EMOTION
HE SAID TO AISHA (R.A) YOU THINK I AND YOUR ALLAH WILL CHEAT YOU?

Abu Bakar was Father of Ayesha & she was Merely 16-17 Years Old Regarding , Does People not get angry at their children? and Muslims Love Their Prophet More then Their Children Parents & Wealth! He thought out of Love for Prophet that She is causing them discomfort so he did so! (Muslim: bk. 36, no. 6596-6601, Siddiqui)

YES QURAN DOES SAYS THAT GOTO YOUR WIFE "ONLY" BECAUSE ACCORDING TO ISLAM WE ONLY GOTO OUR WIFE NOT TO OTHER WOMEN THIS IS THE PERMITTED ONLY CHANNEL TO EXPRESS OUR PASSION LOVE & DESIRE AND WHAT PROBELM WITH THAT?

MU
hammad(P B U H) do gave strong warning to keep people to be involved with their wives only and commanded wives to be only source of their desire & passion and do not let them commit adultery if there are warnings to men for adultery there are warnings to women also to be there when they want her and both protect their chesty!

Reason?? We all know that Women are weaker in math due to their brain makeup they are more creative & emotional etc. Men are more concerned about money and it is difficult to cheat a men then a women
http://goo.gl...

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PROVE WITH THE LAST QOUTAITON BUT I CAN SAY..

ISLAM SAYS WOMEN ARE SENSETIVE IN NATURE & SATAN MANUPULATES THEM IN EMOTIONS & FEELINGS AND USES THEM TO COMMIT PEOPLE FOR SIN (ADULTORY ETC.) IT HAS A LONG EXPLAINATION! THERE IS NO FAULT OF MUHAMMAD(P B U H) & ISLAM!

I HAVE MUCH MORE TO SAY BUT IM LIMITED I CAN EXPLAIN EVERYTHING WITH PROOFS & FACTS THAT WOMAN HAVE MARVLOUS RIGHT IN ISLAM BETTER THEN ALL OTHER RELIGONS!
QandA

Con

Firstly, you say "If we agree with the women's rights in Islam as portrayed by the Western media, you have no option, but to agree that the women's rights in Islam are outdated.
You said yourself that this debate was just to argue the rights that ISLAM gives women, not the culture. The portrayal of women's rights by the Western Media is obviously going to be related to the cultural portrayal of women's rights in Islam so please do not take things out of the context in which you desired.

Your example of media portrayal is then irrelevant as you stated that this debate is not talking about how people portray the rights of Islamic women.

Again your figures that show Islam's popularity are also irrelevant as we are not dealing with the popularity of Islam. Your argument that if Islam is so oppressive then why do people convert is also irrelevant because we are debating the rights that the Islam religion gives Women, not why women are converting to Islam. I'm not being smart, I'm just reiterating YOUR stated terms for the debate. I hope none of these references are mistaken for reliable sources as they are irrelevant to the topic on hand.

Now onto the points that actually relate to the Quran,

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)".

You say that I half quoted the verse which makes it seem extremely violent. I don't know about you but this seems very violent to me. Words such as "maintainers" and "devoutly obedient" suggest ownership of a woman. Not only is it saying that it is okay to beat a women if she disobeys, the fact that it uses the word "obedient" means that the woman is under orders and control from the man and can be punished if she doesn't follow such obedience. This is the essence of the master and slave relationship and is actually reminiscent of the circumstances slaves must follow. This passage not only doesn't give women any rights and condones domestic violence, it takes away the rights which a normal woman has in a marriage or relationship, the right of equality.

You say "ISLAM DOES ALLOWS A PERSON TO BEAT(condition applied) TO HIS WIFE BUT *LIGHTLY* & ONE LAST TIME! AND THAT ***ONLY IF THEY ARE DISLOYAL DOING SOMETHING PROHIBITED HAVE ILL CONDUCT & THIS IT IS THE LAST RESORT BEFORE A MARRIAGE BREAKS! THAT ONLY NEVER ON FACE AND WHICH DOES NOT LEAVES EVEN A "REDISHNESS"***"

There is a difference between hitting a women out of fear of losing them and hitting them because they do not obey your orders. Of course both are horrific and immoral however the Quran focuses on beating a women because of disobedience rather than because they are on the wrong path. This is the recurring idea of the woman being controlled by the man. The woman has no say, or no voice to be heard. She must live in fear of displeasing the man and being punished for it, all because it doesn't agree with his viewpoint. Absolutely no display of rights here.

"YES QURAN DOES SAYS THAT GOTO YOUR WIFE "ONLY" BECAUSE ACCORDING TO ISLAM WE ONLY GOTO OUR WIFE NOT TO OTHER WOMEN THIS IS THE PERMITTED ONLY CHANNEL TO EXPRESS OUR PASSION LOVE & DESIRE AND WHAT PROBELM WITH THAT?"

I'm sorry I'm having difficulty understanding what you are trying to say here could you please explain?

As I am running quite low on space, i cannot respond to all your points however know that I acknowledge them (Though some are irrelevant). For the remainder of this round I will try to enhance my argument that Islam most certainly doesn't give women in Islam rights.

VIRGIN WOMEN ARE A REWARD IN HEAVEN

"Lo! those who kept their duty will be in a place secure amid gardens and water-springs, attired in silk and silk embroidery, facing one another. Even so (it will be). And we shall wed them unto fair ones with wide, lovely eyes. (Qur'an 44:51-54, Pickthall)"

"Surely for the god fearing awaits a place of security, gardens and vineyards and maidens with swelling breasts, like of age, and a cup overflowing. (Qur'an 78:31-33, Arberry)"

"Perfectly We formed them, perfect, and We made them spotless virgins, chastely amorous, like of age for the Companions of the Right. (Qur'an 56:34-35, Arberry)"

"Anas reported the Prophet as saying, "In paradise the believer will be given such and such power to conduct sexual intercourse." He was asked whether we would be capable of that and replied that he would be given the capacity of a hundred men. Tirmidhi transmitted it. (Mishkat Al-Masabih: vol. 3, p. 1200)"

This shows that according to Islam women are seen as tokens and items.

(Now you may argue that there are different translations in English so that's why I cite several quotes on the same point.

The Muslim male is allowed multiple wives and an unlimited number of slave girls:

"And those (men) who preserve their chastity Save with their wives and those whom their right hands possess, for thus they are not blameworthy. (Qur'an 70:29-30, Pickthall)"

VIEWS ON MARRIAGE

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: When I got married, Allah's Apostle said to me, "What type of lady have you married?" I replied, "I have married a matron' He said, "Why, don't you have a liking for the virgins and for fondling them?" Jabir also said: Allah's Apostle said, "Why didn't you marry a young girl so that you might play with her and she with you?' (Bukhari: vol. 7, bk. 62, no. 17, Khan)

Again shows that women are seen as mere sex items. But what's more disturbing is the use of the words "young girl" which suggest that young virgin girls are seen as an even greater prize. It could be argued that this actually is referring to statutory rape if we are to assume "young girl" means underage girl.

I feel that I have shown that the Islamic religion most certainly doesn't give women "marvelous" rights, as you say. In fact it gives them so little rights that they may as well not even be acknowledged as people.

I look forward to your response. (Remember as you said in the first round we are dealing with the rights that ISLAM give women, nothing else.)
LoopsEye

Pro

In the name of God Most Benificent, Most Merciful.

I Thank My Advasary for his response.

PART I OF VERSE:

Maintainer = Voilent?

No person on earth would think that someone who maintains his family including "wife" & "children" is being voilent! you are joining one word from first sentence to other sentence?

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means."

Meaning:

O men you are physically stronger so you are protector of your women,

You are given more strength and energy so you have to work and maintain your wife.. she is not supposed to work for its your responsibitly if you marry her you have to maintian her all the needs.

Comments:

Not even an insane person will think that this sentence and word "maintain" is voilent!
on the other hand it sets a woman free from duties of earning and puts that on a man that you are responsible for her clothing, eating, loudging! Men are ordered to take care of women. I dont think a single woman on earth will mind this treatment.

PART II OF VERSE:

Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard.

Meaning:

Therefore the righteous women are those [who are] devoutly obedient [to Allah], and guard [themselves from adultary and thier intmcy] in the absence [of husband] which Allah has ordianed to be Guarded!

Comments:

I hope the misunderstanding is cleared! You will think that I am lying its about being obedient to Husband not to Allah.. Here is BOP : http://goo.gl... the Translation of same verse.

PART III OF VERSE:

As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)".

Meaning:
  1. Several Translators have translated word "Udrubu" as show them example! not one two but several

• Only if she is disloyal! [have affairs or is commiting sins]
      • Only they have ill conduct [she is being voilent and she is wrong]
    • THEN WHAT TO DO?
      • First Talk to them Politely! and try to convince them from Wrong to Right
      • Leave them in bed!
    • THEN WHAT?
      • Leave Her; Seperate from Them; Striking a temporary parting; admonish them with examples ;Admonish; beat them [symbolically which does not causes harm, lightly & last time]
POINT TO BE NOTED:

Most of the people who wrote it "beat them" have always added "lightly & last time(before divorce)"

WHY?
Because there is no specific word in english that can explain the nature of beating & what kind of beating is this??
Hence if they write word "beat" which is one of several meaning of word they add "symbolically, with a toothbrush, that does not causes harm! lightly & last time".

http://goo.gl...
                • Not every one on earth is wise enough to understand the Holy Scriptures thats why we have commentries on it for ease of understanding

LAST TIME WITHOUT CAUSING HARM.

These are not my words this is what Quran says!

Rephrasing which you did not understood:

Yes Quran does says that goto your wives which ever way you want they are the right person for you to channel your passion feelings love intimecy and everything, because men tend to commit adultry so Quran says Adultry is prohibited for you what ever sexual relationship you want to have its right of your wife that it should be with her only! so I dont think there is something wrong with this verse.

Rebuttels to Other Arguments:

http://goo.gl...;

Unlike Christian & Hindu Scriptures where woman is degaraded and spoken about in worse of manners Like Whores & Prostitues & Books speak about "Gentiles as Long & Strong as of Asses & Hourse" Quran says that they will have young spouses!

For 3rd Qoutaiton:

Again it speaks about Spouses which will have no lacking in them for Men & Women Alike! : http://goo.gl... of Word is Spouse.

Without any second thought you have picked one single Narration out of a Whole Book about Marriage & Love and Titled it as VIEW ON MARRIAGE which is truly a wrong deed!

There is something called "Science of Narrations" in which several Narrations are placed parallel to see which one is more authentic and when we fine something more authntic then other we reject the weak narration and move forward to strong One.

If you really want to read about Marraige View Read Here: http://goo.gl... will know Muhammad(PBUH)'s View about Marraige & Rights of Women!

WrongQoutaiton:http://goo.gl...

Its not 'young girl' its 'virgin lady'

I think he is talking about Marrying not Raping Mr. Con.

its baseless to speak like that picking up one single thing which is rejected and secondly. A MASTER KNOWS WHATS BEST FOR HIS PUPILS. A TEACHER KNOWS ABOUT STUDENTS AND A FATHER ABOUT HIS SON."Since companion was most of the time with Muhmmmad(PBUH) Its possible that He might have thought that He can a better relationship of someone of same age so he sugguested HIM!" not to common crowd!

MOREOVER: IF YOU READ THE NARRATION IN ORIGNAL BOOK IT COMES UNDER CATAGORY OF "SALES AND TRADE" http://goo.gl... not at all gives Islam's view about Marraige

"YOU ARE MISQOUTING"

Here I will state Out of Many Some of...
The Rights of a Muslim Woman

In Islam a Woman has Spiritual, Economical, Social, Educational, Legal and Political Fundamental Rights.

http://goo.gl...

Right to Lead as Commander: Woman's have such a Right in Islam that Aisha(R.A) was commander of an Army of ~30,000 Men. http://goo.gl...

Her Guarantee is Accepted!: If a woman gives surety to a war-captive or gives him shelter, her guarantee will be accepted

Right to Choose Husband:
The guardian of the girl whether her father, brother or uncle plays an important role in her marriage such as finding a suitable match for her. But under no circumstance does this allow him to force his choice on her against her wishes. She is free to accept or reject his choice, or make her own choice.(4: 19) “Oh! You who believe, you are forbidden to inherit women against their will!”

A woman named Khansa Bint Khidam once came to the Prophet and complained: "My father has forced me to marry my cousin in order to raise his own status (in the eyes of the people)." The Prophet told her that she was free to dissolve this marriage and choose whomever she wished to marry. She replied, "I accept my father's choice, but my aim was to let the women know that fathers have no right to interfere in the marriage." (Ahmad, Nasa'i and Ibn Majah)

Freedom of Speech : Omar the second Rightly- Guided Caliph. Omar was once standing on the

right was granted to Western women only in 1870s, and the women of India had to wait until 1956 for a right which Muslim women have always taken for granted.

Dowery & Dower: In Islam Insted of a Woman Man is obligated to give her a gift as Dowery on Marriage unlike most of other religions & Cultures. “Give the women (on marriage) the dower as a free gift”.

Educational Rights:
“It is obligatory for every Muslim, male or female, to acquire knowledge (Al-Bayhaqi).

These are Just Some 20% of Books of Rights of Woman in Islam.

If you have any question ask me debate me public or private.

May peace be upon you.

QandA

Con

No argument to be posted in this round from me, as your terms state. Thank you for the debate and I wish you luck.
Posted by makhdoom5 3 years ago
makhdoom5
yup.
:)
Posted by LoopsEye 4 years ago
LoopsEye
Jazakallah Brother I am nothing and my words are nothing its truth of Islam that Speaks at its loudest... I think every muslim should know his religion if that happens no one can point a finger at Islam moreover. after reading history I realize "Any Sane person who once went through Islamic History can not stay without admiring its truthfulness and humbleness"

Jzakallah for your comment and vote and Very thanks for reading this debate I hope it is informative for you also. Jazzakallah.
Posted by makhdoom5 4 years ago
makhdoom5
pro brother great debate.
wow man.
i was thinking how can i handle if it would be posed to me.
u did great job.
:)
this is the debate i read almost full.
and by the way con left the last argument which was great coz i was not suppose to read any more
lol
but great debate from pro side.
Posted by LoopsEye 4 years ago
LoopsEye
:) In spite of the fact that Mr. Mikal do not agrees with me 'Before & After' the debate .. I Thank him for giving time to read the debate and voting it... I would like to debate the same topic with him regarding his not agreeing to the topic I hope he accepts the debate (which i shall be starting) other than that I would like to thank him for his vote. I hope to clearify if anyone has any doubts.
Posted by LoopsEye 4 years ago
LoopsEye
I Thank Con for his reply but its more likely he was not intrested in arguemt or he has sbutelly fortifed the last round.. as it was required that no "New argument" but he was supposed to rebutt my argument... but I hope he was fortified after understanding that there is nothing wrong like that and Isam gives Bestest to a Women better then every law on earth... I pray people understand it and come to right path...

Thanks I hope readers see the truth..
Posted by LoopsEye 4 years ago
LoopsEye
Remember Mr. QandA no arguments in last round you are only supposed to refute. .. If you have anything to say you are always welcomed to start another debate.
Posted by Critical_Knowledge 4 years ago
Critical_Knowledge
QandA, you use many quotes from books other than the Qur'an, which although they may be related to Islam, they are not Islam. Mohammad was a prophet, yes, but he is just a man, and men make mistakes. The historic mistreatment of women is unremarkable in any religion or holy text. Furthermore, your examples from the Qur'an aren't saying negative things about women, that is your interpretation of them.
Vote Placed by makhdoom5 4 years ago
makhdoom5
LoopsEyeQandATied
Reasons for voting decision: pro is way more convincing. and by the way con put the wrong translation of many verses with out the reference from which translator he was adding. he also ut verses and hadith out of context. when u put some hadith put it full and when u put some verse put it full. as being a muslim i know them full thats why i found this problem. but its cheating to put material out of context. also pro was way more convincing. his argument was good. there is no way i cant vote arguments to him.
Vote Placed by Mikal 4 years ago
Mikal
LoopsEyeQandATied
Reasons for voting decision: I can not believe I am voting pro but from the perspective of how this was argued, he thoroughly thrashed con. This was not a debate if women are protected according to our rationality, but whether they are protected in the context of Islam and within a Islam community. I was iffy on some of Pros points, but Con did not refute them and kept hinting at this from a western and modernized perspective. As I was confused who had the BOP, because it was no clarified, I will assume it was shared. Thus I felt each inadequately represented their case. The one thing pro wins on is sources. His was much more available and directly related to his main points.