LaBanlieue
mfigurski80

Woman should be treated as equal members of society.

mfigurski80

LaBanlieue

Pro

I will be arguing that woman in cultures across the world are equal members of society and by rights should be treated as such.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitions:

Woman: an adult human female.

Equal: a person or thing that is the same as another in status or quality.

Society: the aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community..

Rules:

1. The first round is for acceptance.
2. A forfeit or concession is not allowed.
3. No semantics or trolling.
4. All arguments must be visible inside this debate. Sources may be posted in an outside link.
5. Debate resolution, definitions, rules, and structure cannot be changed without asking in the comments before you post your round 1 argument. Debate resolution, definitions, rules, and structure cannot be changed in the middle of the debate.Voters, in the case of the breaking of any of these rules by either debater, all seven points in voting should be given to the other person.

Debate Structure:

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Presenting all arguments (no rebuttals by con)
Round 3: Refutation of opponent's arguments (no new arguments)
Round 4: Defending your original arguments and conclusion (no new arguments).
mfigurski80

Con

I thank my partner for creating this debate and I accept.

All definitions as well as the rules and structure are agreeable, and I approve of them.

RESOLUTION: "Women should be treated as equal members of society"

I will be arguing that "women shouldn't be treated as equals of men or children".
LaBanlieue

Pro

LaBanlieue forfeited this round.
mfigurski80

Con

Women should not, by any means, be treated as equals of the rest of society: men and children. This is because women are much, much different than either men or children, just as the color red is different from blue. They cannot be treated equally. There is a saying that: "Men are from mars, and women from venus."

1. IF one goes back to the roots of humanity by, for example, studying the untouched cultures of Amazonian "Indian" tribes or those of the islands of Oceania, one will find a common and pervalant rule between both men, children, and women.

Men are, as defined by evolution, made for sharp things and for physical excersion on a daily basis. Their muslces grow larger, stronger, and generally are the protecters of the other two factions.

Women are much different. They have a more evolved psychology. Women, when approached with a problem, are usually more interested in how to solve it rather than it's solution. They are more evolved towards monotone work of gathering food and supporting the family.

Children, well, can't be trusted to do anything. They are usually there just to grow up into either men or women, based on their gender.

Of course, there are many, many more differences that I failed to insert just because of my laziness, but I think we all get the idea. Men are from Mars, while women are from Venus. Google the Roman gods for the personalities.

(http://www.oregoncounseling.org...)

I say, knowing what I stated above as true, that women should not under any circumstances be treated equally. For example, it is common knowledge and generally known as "good manners" to hold the door open for a woman (or a girl, but that's off topic). To not do so would mean that one is acting "rudely", and his reputation with the surrounding people and the lady herself would go down a notch, even if just slightly.

More importantly, we should know that women aren't treated as equals by the government. For example, the draft. Women are officially exempted from ever being drafted into the US military, and good riddance. The average women physically isn't built for carrying a 40 pound machine gun through a street while dodging bullets AND trying to see who the heck is shooting. Men have the ability to grow into the role within a short time, women do not.

Of course, not every female one meets is phsycologically strong. And not every man is strong or thinks directly. In other words, not everybody meets the standard. Which is why we should allow both genders to flourish and specialize in what they think they should specialize in. There are many brave female volunteers fighting off terrorism, and there are many males who enjoy cooking and choosing clothes (well, maybe not).
We shouldn't restrict the God-given right of freedom, but allow all to participate in whatever activity they choose.

*MESSAGE*
I would like my partner to remember that she can no longer present arguments, as the default position for them was in Round 2, which was forfeited. The remaining rounds have written next to them (no new arguments), which dissallows for the creation of new arguments.

LaBanlieue

Pro

LaBanlieue forfeited this round.
mfigurski80

Con

Extend points
LaBanlieue

Pro

LaBanlieue forfeited this round.
mfigurski80

Con

VOTE CON!
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
On THIS topic? I would be PRO or CON?
PM, it'll be easier to put it together without spamming the comments.
Posted by 2Sense 1 year ago
2Sense
I'd like to debate you on the same topic, if you're up for it.
Posted by PericIes 1 year ago
PericIes
*Women
Posted by Teege 1 year ago
Teege
@mfigurski, Technically it is, but it also depends on which professor you have and which text they decide to use for the course. The newer more accepted term is is just a negative modifier. I may be showing my age and the effects of chronic insomnia. lol
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
Hmmm... not my views, but special. I'll debate you on that if you PM me.
Posted by Kozu 1 year ago
Kozu
No, women should not be treated equal. They should be treated greater, and better than everyone else in society.
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
I try not to quibble over words, especially if there's a rule against it.
And isn't punishment only a negative behavioral modifier?
Posted by Teege 1 year ago
Teege
@mfigurski, the words good, better, best, bad, worse, and/worst are comparative words. They can be used as nouns, adjectives, and adverbs. Usually they are used in an subjective sense. However they may be used as an objective sense, if there is recognized criteria and methods to determine whether a claim is true or false. It is all a matter of semantics. I hope during this debate you do not resort to using semantics in your argument, because that's a a violation of terms you agreed to; I'm looking forward to hearing each sides arguments and rebuttals.
Posted by Teege 1 year ago
Teege
@MostLogical, I also believe in punishment as a behavior modification tool, by means of positive and negative reinforcements. In this case using a negative reinforcement.
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
mfigurski80
No worse means "more bad (than)".
Vote Placed by TheJuniorVarsityNovice 1 year ago
TheJuniorVarsityNovice
LaBanlieuemfigurski80Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
LaBanlieuemfigurski80Tied
Reasons for voting decision: As stated in the rules, forfeits were not allowed. Pro forfeited several times. As stated in the rules, any violation of the rules results in the opponent receiving all seven points.