WaterWater
Burncastle

Women Equal to Men in Sport?

Started: 8/23/2014 Category: Sports

WaterWater

Pro

If women are inferior to men in sporting ability, why do we forbid them playing? If they were allowed to be part of a men's team, then their supposed inferior athletic ability would be evident and there would be a ligitimate reason for disallowing female participation i.e. they're evidently not good enough to make the cut in a men's team

I argue, If women were truly the inferior athletes, then this would be evident in a mixed-sex team. The less talented players (women, for this arguemnt's sake) would not make the first team, thus eliminating the need to forbid them from playing de facto, and simultaneously answering once and for all the argument for whether women and men should play competitive sports together.
Burncastle

Con

I will simply state my position in this round.

I believe that women are, on virtually every aspect and given an equal amount of training, physically weaker than men. Since sports are primarily physical activities, I believe that women are therefore NOT equal to men in sports.

In the followings rounds, I will support these assertions with evidence.
WaterWater

Pro

WaterWater forfeited this round.
Burncastle

Con

I'll let this round pass... If my opponent forfeits the next round I will post my arguments nonetheless.
WaterWater

Pro

WaterWater forfeited this round.
Burncastle

Con

Burncastle forfeited this round.
WaterWater

Pro

WaterWater forfeited this round.
Burncastle

Con

Burncastle forfeited this round.
Posted by kakleinschmidt 3 years ago
kakleinschmidt
Haha seriously? Put the best male athletes in the world vs the womens, and the men would kick major butt. Men are made to be bigger and stronger and more athletic than women. Not even debatable.
Posted by WaterWater 3 years ago
WaterWater
Mister_Man,

I am also not too sure on my position, though unfortunately, Debate.org has no neutral stance on its 'debate' section. I suppose that my argument is: if women are so inferior to men in sport, why should we have to ban them playing,they'd never make the team anyway.
Posted by Mister_Man 3 years ago
Mister_Man
I'm not too sure on your position. You are "pro women equal to men in sport," correct? Does that mean you believe men and women are equal, and they should participate in the same events? And if they lose, they just lose? Not too sure what your whole argument is. If you are saying women are equal to men in sport, I will take the Con position.