Originalname
Aviaopereira

Women and men are completely equal

Originalname

Originalname

Con

When I say that men and women are equal I do not mean by the obvious physical differences. What I mean is that women and men should be treated the same in all cases (ie. no chivalry or special treatment your women, no associating masculism with men) First round is acceptance.
Forgive me if I am doing this wrong this is my first debate , don't go easy on me though
Aviaopereira

Pro

I completely agree with equality but there one thing that must be remembered women a less capable to do physical activities therefore should be less paid in those kinds of jobs also women often get pregnant so its a risk to the employer there's another reason to be less paid.
Originalname

Con

So you are agreeing with me that women and men are not completely equal. Women and men both have slightly different morals and goals in life. This means that they need to be treated differently according to how they are acting in life.
Aviaopereira

Pro

Sure,but I don't mean pay less to all women the same thing to men if they are making a low productivity they should be fired or reduce the overall payment,it's just that women are more related to low productivity in physical jobs and the risks that the employer has by employing a women in the average pregnancy age because it can be a hell of a blow (financially) to the employer. But i mean no different treatment in any other activities.
Originalname

Con

Women and men should not be treated the same in all situations, some situations do need equal treatment but not many. My reasoning behind this is that women can not always fend for them selves. In a case of rape or assault the women is almost always favored because they are usually the ones targeted.

Also, like you said, in athletic jobs or high risk jobs women should not be paid as much. This is because they can not perform up to the standards set by high testosterone men. Conversely, women should be paid more or even be the only gender hired in jobs like obstetricians or other jobs dealing with female patients. This is because men may take advantage of their jobs or not perform up to their full potential if they find their jobs grotesque .
Aviaopereira

Pro

Aviaopereira forfeited this round.
Posted by debatergorl 2 years ago
debatergorl
Unfortunately women today are not treated as equals to a male. It is a sad problem in dire need of fixing. Just wanted to point something out in @Aviaopereira's first argument...If I read your sentence right, you said that women are not as physically capable as males, and therefore should be paid less in those types of jobs. 1) Women are just as capable of the physical activities of a male. While the stereotype is that women are weaker than men, women can be just as strong. 2) A woman putting in the same amount of work and effort in the same job as a male should be paid just the same. There is no logical reasoning for a woman to be paid less than a male doing the same amount of work. (But yes, if the woman happens to be doing a lesser job, she should not be paid the same because that just makes sense.)
Posted by Aviaopereira 2 years ago
Aviaopereira
I completly agree no advantedges for women over man but thats what we are seeing today.
Vote Placed by saboosa 2 years ago
saboosa
OriginalnameAviaopereiraTied
Reasons for voting decision: Better arguments, period.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
OriginalnameAviaopereiraTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
OriginalnameAviaopereiraTied