queenofmayhem
Pokemonzr

Women are Equals to Men and Should Be Given Equal Rights

Pokemonzr

queenofmayhem

Pro

I will be looking for an opponent who can argue that women are not equals to men. I look forward to a great debate, good luck to my opponent.

*Rules for Me
Round One: Rules
Round Two: Argument
Round Three: Rebuttals

*Rules for my Opponent
Round One: Argument
Round Two: Rebuttals
Round Three: "no argument as agreed upon"

Failure to follow rules means an unfair debate, and will result in a 7 point deduction.
Pokemonzr

Con

The first thing I would like to point out is a flaw in your rules. In round three, I am not allowed to make an argument? So, you have the advantage there, however I will still follow your rules. Could this be because your round one is just stating these rules?

Okay, onto my argument/s.

I will be debating exactly what you asked me to. That women are not equal to men.

Women are not equal to men; they are superior. I believe this because women have to go through many things that men do not have to in their live such as periods and labor. Women are just as good as men in the sense of money-making and education, but the extra boost that I stated above makes them not equal to men. Therefore, I believe that women are not equal to men; they are superior.
queenofmayhem

Pro

I have no advantage, we each give one argument each and one rebuttal.

Con, I must applaud your creativity, however I am curious how you intend to debate why women shouldn't be given equal rights. They should be given more rights then men? I am afraid this wild stab at populism may have been misjudged.

So no, stating that women are not equal to men is not what I asked you to do. My debate was not metaphorical; it was literal and you have completely dropped half of the argument. I mean no disrespect, however I understand this is going to be a complete flop of a debate.
Pokemonzr

Con

Ok, I see that there is no flaw in the rules now, as my opponent pointed out. I apologize, since I recently joined debate.org and was not quite sure.

I would like to thank my opponent for applauding my creativity; it means a lot. In this same section, they stated that this wild stab at populism may have been misjudged and that I will have a hard time debating this, but we will see. I completely disagree with this statement as of now.

They also stated that "this is going to be a complete flop of a debate." However, I believe it isn't. As long as we keep typing in these boxes and pressing submit, it will still be a good debate!

So, let me restate my previous argument, since Pro did not take it down and it still stands.

Now, let me build upon this argument.

Since I have proved that women are superior to men and Pro has not disproved this, I would like to say that since women are superior to men, they should not be given equal rights. I understand I am going against the topic and my job, but hear (see) me out. We can give women greater rights than men, but we are already, in a sense doing so. Men pay women's bills, men are nicer to women than to other men, men open doors, hold doors, give up seats, etc. for women. Finally, there are more female breadwinners arising in modern society. This proves that females have the right to work and raise more money for there families.

Also, we can still build upon women's rights.

Through the points I have stated, I believe I have proved my case validly and effectively. Good luck pro!
queenofmayhem

Pro

queenofmayhem forfeited this round.
Pokemonzr

Con

My opponent has forfeited this round, so I don't have much to say.

I'll emphasize the points I made in my previous argument.

I believe that I have won this debate do to my opponent's last round forfeit and, well, just plain winning, but, you, the voters, will decide. Good luck queenofmayhem!
Posted by IwinYoulose333 3 years ago
IwinYoulose333
I agree with both sides of this debate. I think that women do deserve equal rights and treatment as males. That, I think goes without saying. However, I also think that males deserve equal rights and treatment as females. Although this already happens for the most part, I believe that women are given more opportunities than men. If you research the ratio of men to women in college and/or with degrees you will find that women outnumber men in many places. This is because of the numerous amount of programs meant to help women graduate, and get degrees in college. I believe there should also be those programs for men.
Posted by MysticMansion 3 years ago
MysticMansion
I agree that woman should have equal rights under the law with men. I do not agree that they are equal.
In fact no one is equal. Each individual is unique with a unique set of strengths and weaknesses that further establish their personal uniqueness. Only God is capable of knowing each person so perfectly that He can be just and judge them for their true culpability or practice of virtue.

What is unique is never equal. Since all mankind is unique then all individuals should be treated uniquely before the law. Unfortunately mankind has no capacity to know the exact degree to which each unique person is culpable or virtuous and all that remains in an attempt to be just is to offer an equal voice and equal rights under the law.

God on the other hand will judge us justly based on our exact uniqueness of knowledge, potentiality, virtue, sin and environment as well as all other internal and external factors that led to our good or bad use of our free will.
Posted by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
Wow Con. Way to try to win through populism.
Posted by Ore_Ele 3 years ago
Ore_Ele
Equal rights, equal fights! Punch them in the face!
Posted by rabbitcase 3 years ago
rabbitcase
I'll do it.
Posted by crazedAtheist 3 years ago
crazedAtheist
though i may simply be taking issue with the idiom, when someone says that women are "equal" i can't really imagine that to be true. similarly, when someone says that 'everyone is equal" i always have to disagree. someone who cannot lift more than half there own body weight is not equal to someone who can. basic math. however, even though people aren't equal, i think that we should grant people equal rights. (and as a result i can't argue against the motion)

but then again, the term "should" is not necessarily objective, and as a result, there is no way to really argue for it to be. since its ultimately a normative statement relying on personal perceptions of what ought to be and what is 'better' for the world.
Posted by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
Ha. Women's Rights. I love that joke.
Posted by Topkek 3 years ago
Topkek
Only the stupid will argue the following:

Women don't deserve equal rights to men.

and

Women are equal to men.

You've avoided the first one, but you've made the mistake of trying to argue for the latter one. Assuming you mean "equality" as in absolute equality in all aspects (and I'm only assuming this because you never actually gave us a definition of equality), women can never be equal to men; that's just how reality works. The fact that women are able to give birth to a child puts them at a biological advantage over men. Men tend to be more powerful physically then women, so that gives them a biological advantage. I can go on and on and start going into psychological differences between the groups, but I think you need to reword your debate topic better.
Posted by JacobAnderson 3 years ago
JacobAnderson
What rights don't they have. And hoe do you anticipate a 7 point deduction.
Posted by queenofmayhem 3 years ago
queenofmayhem
I think you might be surprised how many people I know disagree with this statement.
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
queenofmayhemPokemonzrTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF... I expected Con to argue we were inferior so i was pleasantly surprised by the debate.
Vote Placed by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
queenofmayhemPokemonzrTied
Reasons for voting decision: full FF
Vote Placed by SolSun 3 years ago
SolSun
queenofmayhemPokemonzrTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with the pro, that women and men are equals. Poke misspelled some things, and the Pro spelled better and did grammar. The rest are tied, except for the sources, because none of them had any sources.
Vote Placed by Relativist 3 years ago
Relativist
queenofmayhemPokemonzrTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture warrants loss of conduct. Pro's arguments are just semantics. Con's topic of declaring that women should have superior rights to men still disapprove the resolution as it is under 'gender rights'. Con even explained his opinion that women are labors and should be given more rights than men. Pro's rebuttal was poor, as she resorts to semantics to disapprove Con, such as when she said "you dropped half" just because of the stance Con decided to take. Furthurmore, she forfeits without even presenting an argument in response to Con's additonal contentions. Con continues with more arguments in his last round. This compels me to give points to Con beyond reasonable doubt. Populism is an idealogy, and can be successfully substantiated as with any idealogy, I was going to award Conduct to pro, but realising that it is an idealogy, that rfd is dropped.