ca2005
Debater1346

Women are smarter than men

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Voting Period

ca2005

Pro

Women have a higher IQ than men because they are more committed. Nowadays, in high school, middle school, collage and elementary school girls strive to get good grades. Unlike boys, they study and, boys, by "study" I don't mean reading it once and closing your notebook. Girls memorize. In fact, women have more capacity at remembering than boys. This allows them to get better grades and to have a bright future.

I rest my case.
Debater1346

Con

That is a weak argument. It is true that some guys don't care about studying, I will give you that. According to Quartz, men can be both dumber and smarter than women. They said that men have a wider distribution of intellectual ability. That means that there are more men in the higher end of the intelligence area. I am not saying that men are superior. I am just stating some facts. There are also men in the lower end so it levels out.
ca2005

Pro

It is true. It does level out. But it is slowly rising, due to the fact that these days women have an easier access to education around in some parts of the world, letting them be able to express their intelligence to the world. I'm not saying men are dumb; I'm saying woman can definitely be as smart as them and even smarter.

http://newsfeed.time.com...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
Debater1346

Con

Your argument is changing. I thought you were arguing that women were smarter than men. Anyways, I guess that both men and women are smart. There really isn't much more to say.
ca2005

Pro

I did say that it leveled out, but I also said that it was slowly rising, so I am still saying women have a higher IQ.
Debater1346

Con

There is research that there is not much of a significant difference in IQ between men and women.
www.quora.com
Posted by BMHTheGreat 1 month ago
BMHTheGreat
"Can be as smart" was not your original argument. Your original argument was that women are smarter than men, and you tried to support it with a blank stereotype of a typical idiot man who doesn't study. If you are going to debate something, at least stick to your argument.
Vote Placed by Capitalistslave 3 weeks ago
Capitalistslave
ca2005Debater1346Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither had better conduct than the other, both had no spelling or grammatical errors. Con made a more convincing argument, since they actually stuck to their original argument. Pro, however, is the only one who used sources so get the most reliable sources point.
Vote Placed by alecburn 4 weeks ago
alecburn
ca2005Debater1346Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Using anecdotal evidence to prove women are smarter than men. Citing a website to prove that men can be smarter or dumber than men, Also con did not change the goal posts since it being close and getting further away (a flawed statement) would mean women are smarter than men. Hey intelligence still has no correlation with gender.
Vote Placed by Philosophy123 1 month ago
Philosophy123
ca2005Debater1346Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro changed the goalposts on his/her opponent by moving from women are smarter than men to women are as smart as men. Con however successfully defended the position that men are as smart or smarter than women.