Women are treated better than men in the US

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

This debate is, "Women are treated better than men in the US" and I will be the pro agreeing with this claim. If you accept you will be saying that men are being treated better than women in the US.
First round is acceptance

I accept this debate and will be arguing the point that men are actually treated better in the US than men are. I look forward to my opponent's argument.

IAlwaysLoseDebates forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited without even posting a single argument. I am very disappointed. Unfortunately, I have already written my arguments in advance, so I would like to post them anyway.

My opponent's stance is that women are treated better than men in society. I disagree and intend on proving it in this debate.

1. Women are paid $.77 to every $1 a man makes for the same job. My opponent cannot deny that this is wrong. Women generally work more than men. This will be covered in point 3.

2. There are schools that segregate males from females from males. This is sexist. Why can we not treat women as if they are equal? They are equal, so why are they treated lesser?

3. "At the same time that women produce 75 to 90 percent of food crops in the world, they are responsible for the running of households. According to the United Nations, in no country in the world do men come anywhere close to women in the amount of time spent in housework. Furthermore, despite the efforts of feminist movements, women in the core [wealthiest, Western countries] still suffer disproportionately, leading to what sociologist refer to as the “feminization of poverty,” where two out of every three poor adults are women. The informal slogan of the Decade of Women became “Women do two-thirds of the world’s work, receive 10 percent of the world’s income and own 1 percent of the means of production.”"

4. Women are treated as if the are weaker and are made to go before men. This is a fact and it is wrong.

5. Until rather recently, women were not allowed to serve in the military. This is also very wrong.

6. To the religious communities, women should not have the same rights as men, for "they were only created so they could bear children". This is wrong. We all know women are much more capable than simply bearing children.

In conclusion, I have listed many ways that women are not treated better than men in society. Again, I am very disappointed at my opponent's forfeiture, but there is nothing I can do about it now. I hope he posts an argument in the next round. If not, then there is a clear winner to this debate.

Works Cited

"The Top 10 Facts About the Wage Gap." Name. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 May 2014. <;.

"Women's Rights." Name. Anup Stich., 14 March 2014. Web. 04 May 2014. <;.

My opponent has forfeited. He has failed to give his arguments as to why women are treated better than men in the US. He has failed to prove me wrong and he has failed to refute my arguments. I believe I have the clear victory here.
Posted by IAlwaysWinDebates 2 years ago
Sorry for Pro's forfeit I know him in real life and would like to say that he is going through some "tough times" in his life right now, and lets all hope that he does post his argument.
Posted by jamccartney 2 years ago
This is quite unfortunate.
Posted by IAlwaysLoseDebates 2 years ago
I have changed the debate requirement options so it is more lenient with the requirements to accept the debate.
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Con could also argue that men and women are treated equally well/poorly. Take this into account with your arguments.
Posted by jamccartney 2 years ago
I would like to accept this, but I do not match the Instigator's age and/or rank criteria. Hmm.
Vote Placed by WilliamsP 2 years ago
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Con (jamccartney) actually provided an argument, unlike Pro (IAlwaysLoseDebates). Pro forfeited twice. Of course Con won.