Mikegj1077
Smarticles

Women equal to men.

Con Tied Pro

Mikegj1077

Con

Men are definitely the dominant gender. All physical sports are either exclusive or dominated by men (NFL, baseball, basketball, boxing...). Women have to have their own separate category of themselves to compete in these sports.

If women are equal, then they should be drafted into the military along with men. Women rarely get to power politically by their own. A court or legislature usually has to mandate their participation.

Women are good at making babies. Even the best cooks are men. If men didn't want women for sex, there wouldn't be a reason to have them around.
Smarticles

Pro

MEN ARE NOT DOMINANT AND AT TIMES ARE NOT USEFUL! YOU LAY AROUND AND BE LAZY AND DRINK BEER AND BE STUPID AND IGNORANT! IF THERE WAS NO WOMAN ON THIS PLANET THAN YOU MALES WOULD HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO EXCEPT BE STUPID! IF THERE WERE NO WOMAN THE PLANET WOULD BE DESTROYED IN A FEW DAYS BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD CARE ABOUT THE PLANET AND THE ONLY PEOPLE LIVING THERE WOULD BE IN LOVE WITH THEMSELVES AND BE GLUED TO THE MIRROR THINKING HOW WONDERFUL THEY ARE! EVEN THOUGH THEY AREN'T!!!! WHY THE HECK DO YOU MEN THINK YOU CONTROL US OR SOMETHING? YOU DON'T! AND YOUR NOT DOMINANT OVER US!!! AND ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF MEN COOK IN THE WORLD....IF THERE WERE NO FEMALES YOU WOULD BE EATING GRASS OFF OF THE FLIPPING GROUND!! AND ANYWAYS YOU WOULDN'T BE ALIVE BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN FROM WOMAN!!!! SO IF THERE WERE NO WOMAN YOU WOULDN'T BE ALIVE AND NONE OF YOUR FRIENDS EITHER!!! YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL IF ANYTHING THAT THERE ARE WOMAN ON THIS PLANET AND ITS NOT FULL OF IGNORANT, SELFISH, UNCARING, STUPID, MEN!!!! No insult meant to anyone but I get extremely mad when men say they are dominant and were not equals. Not all men are stupid just the male chauvinists who think they are better than everyone and don't care about the world issues of our planet.
Mikegj1077

Con

"IF THERE WERE NO FEMALES YOU WOULD BE EATING GRASS OFF OF THE FLIPPING GROUND!!"

I'm close to the ground anyway. I don't see you women mowing lawns.

"AND ANYWAYS YOU WOULDN'T BE ALIVE BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN FROM WOMAN!!!! SO IF THERE WERE NO WOMAN YOU WOULDN'T BE ALIVE AND NONE OF YOUR FRIENDS EITHER!!!"

Without sperm, you wouldn't be alive either. Leave my friends out of it.

"YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL IF ANYTHING THAT THERE ARE WOMAN ON THIS PLANET AND ITS NOT FULL OF IGNORANT, SELFISH, UNCARING, STUPID, MEN!!!!"

Men who fight and die in wars (99% of war casualties are men). Men who do all the dirty, unpleasant things for women, like taking out the trash, shoveling excrement from the barn, bailing your kid out of jail. Would you like to take over some of those duties?

"No insult meant to anyone but I get extremely mad when men say they are dominant and were not equals. Not all men are stupid just the male chauvinists who think they are better than everyone and don't care about the world issues of our planet."

So you don't like real men, just the effeminate types? Real men care about world issues. The difference is that real men don't cower in the corner or run from a battle. The stand and fight evil. They fight for truth, justice and the American way. The effeminate types think like you.
Smarticles

Pro

"I'm close to the ground anyway. I don't see you women mowing lawns." What are you talking about tons of woman mow lawns all the time. Its not like you guys mow them all the time.

"Men who fight and die in wars (99% of war casualties are men). Men who do all the dirty, unpleasant things for women, like taking out the trash, shoveling excrement from the barn, bailing your kid out of jail. Would you like to take over some of those duties?" Woman are in wars too and its almost 50% for each but not yet cause woman started a little while ago so its not even yet. And a lot of woman are alone with their children because the man who got her pregnant ran away because they were to afraid to take care of their child and the responsibility, so the woman do do those things. And a lot of woman do those things anyways because lots of woman own farms. And DON'T use the animals for inhumane things like killing them for meat.... so mean. Or working them to the bone with jobs.

"So you don't like real men, just the effeminate types? Real men care about world issues. The difference is that real men don't cower in the corner or run from a battle. The stand and fight evil. They fight for truth, justice and the American way. The effeminate types think like you." Not all men who believe woman are equals don't care about the earth. Anyways, how would you know that?? Did you go around the world asking all the men if they thought woman were equal and then asked them if they cared about world issues??

"Without sperm, you wouldn't be alive either. Leave my friends out of it." Thanks for proving my point. No one would be alive and that includes you...and your friends. I was just saying that.
Mikegj1077

Con

"And a lot of woman do those things anyways because lots of woman own farms. And DON'T use the animals for inhumane things like killing them for meat.... so mean. Or working them to the bone with jobs."

So now it comes out. You're a vegetarian animal rights babe. Animals and women were put on this earth to serve man. We can't own slaves anymore, and you women won't do any of the hard work you used to, so where does that leave us men? I can't put a harness around your neck, so an oxen or horse are the next best thing.

I just don't understand way you are so huffy about my position. It's well thought through, supported historically (look how lazy you look compared to pilgrim women), and many of us men believe the way I do. You'll see when the voting starts after we conclude this debate.

Thank you for a lively debate.
Smarticles

Pro

"So now it comes out. You're a vegetarian animal rights babe. Animals and women were put on this earth to serve man. We can't own slaves anymore, and you women won't do any of the hard work you used to, so where does that leave us men? I can't put a harness around your neck, so an oxen or horse are the next best thing."
No I eat meat but at the same time think its cruel. But when I get a little older I might be a vegetarian. Anyways, women do a lot of hard work. They clean much more and take care of the kids. 99% of the time, woman are at home taking care of the children while the men are off doing things. Like work, but when they are at home they usually don't take responsibility for the kids. And don't try to tell me that your fixing things around the house would be harder than taking care of kids, cause its not. And woman could fix things to, and they do. And some woman, for example my mom, is divorced and is in college and has 4 jobs and is doing the best she can to take care of us. She is a great mom and tries really hard. And if I could pick one amazing woman award for someone it would be her. She barely has any money and spends it all on us.

"I just don't understand way you are so huffy about my position."

Why wouldn't I be "huffy" about what you think, men and woman are equals and have exactly the same rights and men do not own woman and certainly will never have power over them. And by the way, you spelled why wrong smarty. :)

"It's well thought through, supported historically (look how lazy you look compared to pilgrim women), and many of us men believe the way I do.

Pilgrims? Really? Pilgrim woman did exactly what we do now only not every woman does the same thing. They sewed, cleaned, cooked, washed clothes, looked after the children, many of those things. What did you men do? You hunted. Wow. Many woman hunt now and do other extraordinary things many men never dream of doing.
And saying a lot of things are more modern today then they were so long ago, they can do them better.

I love how you use the word "us" its like your talking about a whole different species. Men and woman are the same species. Think about it like this: if men cleaned and cooked and sewed and took care of children and did all those other things and woman did all the things men do now, like what most men do, sit down and watch tv, or go to war, not saying that woman don't, would you think that woman were dominant over men? And both men and woman work. Woman and men do the same things pretty much, and some do different stuff, but they just do them differently.
Posted by Smarticles 9 years ago
Smarticles
i guess i was pointing all the insults at him not other men no offense intended
Posted by Smarticles 9 years ago
Smarticles
yes im sorry you guys for not making a great debate in the first round and yes collster i wasn't speaking of all men i was speaking of some. and ya i should of said some men not many. i'll do better next time...sorry for the stereotype thing.. and insulting men lol i was very angry in the first round. beem0r i will try thanks for the tip. and....defleppard1691 i do believe i said men and woman are equal. i hope you guys vote for my debate :D
Posted by wingnut2280 9 years ago
wingnut2280
I agree that if CON really thinks this he is REALLY ignorant. But, i have to say he won the debate hands down. Not very good clash or on-topic debating either way.
Posted by defleppard1691 9 years ago
defleppard1691
Its funny because neither of you debated the actual topic how it should have been. you both went on tangents but PRO you let the round drift to duties to much you should have simply said that women are equell to men because in AMERICA they are reconized or sumthing like that or you could also say scientifically women must have came first because men have women sex organs in remission in their bodies or sum, i just think the arguments made were lame, also CON i like the entire drafting issue because that is bull for equell rights and crap.
Posted by collster37 9 years ago
collster37
I will have to agree that the con is quite ignorant in his argument. He is a superiorist and apparently his brain and beliefs are back in the patriarchal societies two centuries back. Still, the pro also stated some pretty hackneyed stereotypes concerning men. Also, the pro definitely expressed a superioristic view in some of her arguments. While pro definitely won this one, I would have to disagree with the following.

"Wow. Many woman hunt now and do other extraordinary things many men never dream of doing"
Unless you are referring to something exclusively biological, I don't think the term "many" is necessary there. But I agree with the "many woman hunt" part.

"YOU LAY AROUND AND BE LAZY AND STUPID AND DRINK BEER"
Huge stereotype. I don't drink, I work 100 hours a week and support my family, and I don't have time to "lay around". Make sure not to refer to an entire group unless there is substantial evidence to support your point, but there are definitely men that fit the description above.

Actually, now that I look over the arguments, its clear pro won by a landslide. I laughed at the con's points.

"U ARE A VEGITARIAN!!" (irrelevant?)
"WE PLAY SPORTS BETTER THAN U" (so?)
"WHY ARE U YELLING AT ME U ARE THE ONE YELLING" (Emotional IQ of 3)
"WE MOW LAWNS YOU DONT" (my favorite point so far!!)
Posted by beem0r 9 years ago
beem0r
Was going to sadly vote for con based on pro's ridiculous 1st round, but luckily things got better from there.

Next time, less personal attacks, more actual debating. It's obvious that men and women are both important, and for different reasons. While we may not be equal, it is in the same manner that an apple and an orange are not equal. It is only a biased value system that will say one is better than the other.
Posted by Smarticles 9 years ago
Smarticles
Kels1123 cool comment! :) i agree with you he must have had no mom growing up cause he doesn't have any manners...
Posted by Smarticles 9 years ago
Smarticles
Ya Gonovice I know my first debate wasn't very good lol.... i was angry though... and ya i agree with you it isn't fair thats just stupid
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
Con, you are so ignorant. Do you have a wife? I'm guessing ..NO. What about a mom? If so do you tell either of them the nonsense your sprouting? Because if a man spoke to me like you are speaking he would be speaking in a nasally voice because I would break his nose. You obviously were never taught RESPECT for women when you were younger. You can debate whether women and men are equal , but the way you talk is so immature. You are not equal to me, you aren't equal to the dirt on my shoe. A man is equal to me , but you sir do not talk like a man. A man knows respect and a man doesn't have to put others down to make himself tough. I am glad that I married a man, good luck to any women that is (or will be ) married to you. A horse is probably the closest you will ever come to a partner in life with your attitude. I also see you chose to ignore me when I asked if you have been to war?
Posted by gonovice 9 years ago
gonovice
i wasn't necessarily supporting you, i was just saying that i don't think it was fair of your opponent to say that men are better then women.
Vote Placed by iq_two 8 years ago
iq_two
Mikegj1077SmarticlesTied
Vote Placed by Mikegj1077 9 years ago
Mikegj1077
Mikegj1077SmarticlesTied
Vote Placed by dundar101 9 years ago
dundar101
Mikegj1077SmarticlesTied
Vote Placed by oboeman 9 years ago
oboeman
Mikegj1077SmarticlesTied
Vote Placed by Phyfe2112 9 years ago
Phyfe2112
Mikegj1077SmarticlesTied
Vote Placed by Black.Nite17 9 years ago
Black.Nite17
Mikegj1077SmarticlesTied
Vote Placed by yoon172 9 years ago
yoon172
Mikegj1077SmarticlesTied
Vote Placed by Randomknowledge 9 years ago
Randomknowledge
Mikegj1077SmarticlesTied
Vote Placed by Rousseau 9 years ago
Rousseau
Mikegj1077SmarticlesTied
Vote Placed by sdcharger 9 years ago
sdcharger
Mikegj1077SmarticlesTied