RocMat1
Paradigm_Lost

Women have it better off

RocMat1

Pro

1THINGS WOMEN HAVE BETTER

Women, more than men, get to choose to stay at home and raise their kids - or not - and go to work. Although it is difficult to do either of these... they have more of a choice in society than men.

Women get their meals paid for, doors opened more, books/bags picked up more than men do. Men at the office pick up and move heavy things for women all the time.

Women can have multiple orgasms - not all of them - but a lot more than men.

Women live longer, have the choice to go to war or not, have more funding for medical research in general, have separate gyms, changing tables in bathrooms more than men for their kids....

If you remove the cost to women's careers of them leaving work for raising their kids (which women do by CHOICE - by CHOOSING to have sex or have a kid after getting pregnant), then men and women earn the same amount for the same job.

One more thing: next time you see a commercial on TV for a product or service and the commercial has a man or woman (married or otherwise), notice that the man always plays the role of an idiot - and the woman is always the wise, responsible or all-knowing of the two.

Women have it better than men. Yes, it's true. They are put on a pedestal for display, still to this day. Women have the same rights as everyone else but, on top of that, they have more advantages than men. Many women will be offended by this article but, honestly it's because they are too stubborn to see the other side. Hopefully this will broaden their horizon.

When was the last time you, as a man, went on a date and the girl paid for the entire date? More than likely you said never. Men, still to this day, pay for everything when a couple is dating. If the guy doesn't pay, then the lady gets pissed and upset. Why should men have to still pay for everything? Women earn just as much money as men do now a day. Don't say it's because of chivalry or any of that nonsense. Chivalry is dead; it has been since the Titanic.

I personally have never heard of men's night at "Club Inferno", well, unless it was a gay club. Women are always getting into places for free and getting drinks for free. If you ask a girl why she gets in for free, she will simply reply "I deserve it". Why do you deserve it? Men work just as hard as you all week and in return, we are rewarded with having to pay for a $7 beer and $20 entrance fee. How is that fair?

We're in the 21st century and yet, women still do not have to register for the draft. How come woman's rights activists don't pursue this? Women are in every single branch of the United States military now a day. Yet, why is it that they still do not have to register for the draft? Don't say it's because women aren't strong enough. Most men that got drafted were not strong enough but, still got drafted. It's double standards and yet another reason why women have it better than men.

Many women reading this right now are about to post a comment saying "Well, men don't have to give birth". My response? Women do not have to carry their reproductive organs on the outside of their body. You add up every time a man, in his lifetime, gets hit in the genitals, it will equal the pain endured by giving birth to a child. The thing is though; we never received medicine to ease the pain. So think twice next time you tell a man that you have it bad.

I could go on for pages, writing about why women have it better than men. What's the point though? Nothing will change it. Women feel obligated to be treated better than men. I probably came off really sexist in this editorial but, I just get fed up with women saying that men have it easier. The reality is women have it made. Men pay for mostly everything. While women get free drinks and don't have to carry their ovaries on the outside of their body.
Paradigm_Lost

Con

Let me start off by saying that in many of your arguments, if not most, I actually agree with you. I will not try to demonstrate which has it worse than the other, but rather, that both have it bad in their own way, for their own reasons.

It should also be known that I happen to believe that sexism, as a taboo, generally flows in only one direction. What women get away with, a man could almost certainly never say because he would branded a misogynist instantly. And as you alluded to in your opening post, I agree that what is good for the goose often isn't good for the gander. For instance, if a woman were to hit a man, she would be in trouble with the law, but not like a man would in most cases. When a woman hits a man it is assumed that he should be able to defend himself against her. But if a man hits a woman he is not playing by arbitrary societal rules. The reality is that no one should be hitting anyone! But for some reason, we, as human beings (male and female alike) will revert to some he-said, she-said game akin to playground ethics and an eye for an eye mentality.

Now, before you think I'm about to go off on a tangent, know that I am doing so to make an illustration. Bear with me, please. A black man can almost certainly make fun of a white man and still have his message remain in the socially acceptable range. Hell, he might even receive a laugh for his epithets. In reverse, this would constitute as blasphemous slander wherein the white man is lambasted incessantly for his crime against humanity. While it is easy to pull the bullshit card on this clear case of hypocrisy, another answer seems even more appropriate -- namely, that it isn't acceptable for anyone, completely irrespective of race, gender, or anything else.

With that tangent I now segue back in to this debate. Who has it worse, men or women? Well, we can sit here all day long and try and tally up the atrocities of having been born a man or a woman. But all it is going to do, much like the race issue, is cause MORE dissension.

And what exactly is it supposed to prove, anyhow, supposing that you were right?

Besides that, how asinine are the complaints? A man has to hold the door open for a woman to be socially acceptable. A woman bleeds profusely once a month in gut-wrenching pain for the majority of her life. A male child often will receive more leeway from his parents than a female does, thus limiting her freedoms. A woman still faces an imbalance in the work place. But she does not have to be the bread-winner to be socially acceptable. The point is, this back and forth bickering about who has it worse is:

1. Subjective to opinion. (can you really quantify who has it worse? By what scale of measurement do you judge these things?)

2. Asinine -- (who really cares?)

3. Divisive -- (does not lead to problem-solving, but promotes further division between the sexes).

I say save the divisiveness for misogynists and feminists who counter-productively get their message across. By this same premise couldn't you say that kids have it easier than adults? Funny thing is, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids. Interesting how one covets the other. I guess the grass sometimes looks greener on the other side of the fence. But the reality is that they both have pro's and con's, just as men and women do. I wouldn't presume who has it better or worse. I was born a man and am perfectly happy that way. I imagine that if I had another X chromosome, I would be perfectly content as a woman.

I say men and women have it good and bad for different reasons. We both face adversity of some kind. We both have been blessed in other areas. Most importantly, we love each other. A man and a woman compliment each other as God/Nature intended. I love my wife, and she loves me. She appreciates my masculinity, and I appreciate her femininity. We complete each other. These yin/yang principles is what makes life interesting. What is darkness without light? What is parent without child? What is fire without water? What is day without night? What is man without woman, and what is woman without man?

I'll tell you what we are without one another -- non-existent.
RocMat1

Pro

RocMat1 forfeited this round.
Paradigm_Lost

Con

Paradigm_Lost forfeited this round.
RocMat1

Pro

RocMat1 forfeited this round.
Paradigm_Lost

Con

Since my opponent has forfeited the last remaining rounds, I will simply reiterate my position.

It would be easy to show by some arbitrary reason why women have it better than men. Why? Because its so subjective. Incidentally, it is just as easy to show how men have historically had it way easier than women. Men have done whatever they wanted. They have ordered women around in patriarcical fashion where a woman was bound to a kitchen, where she was systematically breed for male children, and where her needs, wants and desires were inferior to that of a man's.

I could easily argue that a woman has had it worse than a man, generally speaking. But this just only adds to the dissension that needn't exist at all. The more me separate ourselves by virtue of some superficial difference, like who has a penis and who has a vagina, or who has white skin and who has black skin, the more we refuse to learn anything beyond those superficial traits.

In contrast I am not, however, a person who seeks androgeny. I'm not one of those people who pretend differences between men and woman do not exist. Rather I choose to embrace those differences and similarities and to view them in a very natural way.

I can only assume, RocMat, that you are a man. But after the bickering is done you cherish a woman, don't you? You desire a woman, don't you? You appreciate her feminine qualities, don't you? Being a masculine man, I assume it gives you some great purpose and sense of accomplishment to hold a door for the woman you love, if only because you cherish her. I can only assume that if it came down to it you would risk your own life to ensure that she was not harmed. I can only assume that you would be more outraged watching a woman getting pummeled by muggers than a man. I can only assume these qualities within you.

Or should I also assume that you've been burned, and have become so jaded from one woman, that you now condemn womanhood?
Posted by Paradigm_Lost 8 years ago
Paradigm_Lost

Posted by Chuckles 8 years ago
Chuckles
and more importantly, women almost NEVER pay for weed booze or anything else. unless they're ugly
Vote Placed by bladewarrior2 8 years ago
bladewarrior2
RocMat1Paradigm_LostTied
Vote Placed by Bravo453 8 years ago
Bravo453
RocMat1Paradigm_LostTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
RocMat1Paradigm_LostTied
Vote Placed by revleader5 8 years ago
revleader5
RocMat1Paradigm_LostTied
Vote Placed by jiffy 8 years ago
jiffy
RocMat1Paradigm_LostTied
Vote Placed by Spiral 8 years ago
Spiral
RocMat1Paradigm_LostTied
Vote Placed by MaxHayslip 8 years ago
MaxHayslip
RocMat1Paradigm_LostTied
Vote Placed by DemosthenesC 8 years ago
DemosthenesC
RocMat1Paradigm_LostTied
Vote Placed by b3rk 8 years ago
b3rk
RocMat1Paradigm_LostTied
Vote Placed by Oolon_Colluphid 8 years ago
Oolon_Colluphid
RocMat1Paradigm_LostTied