zm44
XVIII18

Women in Combat= Bad idea

zm44

Con

Women in the military has been a highly pushed idea since WW1. First women were brought in as nurses then the jobs kept being opened up more and more. I agree with women in the military. But women in an infantry or high combat role is not a good idea at all. If an enemy child approached a man soldier then whipped out an ak47 that child would be dead in an instant. If the same kid approached a woman and did the same thing, the woman would without a doubt have "second thoughts" about shooting and killing the child. Now, is the physical aspect. Women are not built like men at all. They are weaker. Im not saying that some women are stronger than some men but most men in combat roles weigh more than 170 lbs, without the extra 30-50 lbs of equipment. Some men would not be able to carry their wounded comrade out of the heat of battle. But I am almost 100% sure that less than 10% of women in the military could achieve the same goal. There is also the aspect of tradition. Men have always protected the women and children. This would most definitely cause a male soldier to react in a different manor to protect his female team mate. Doing this could jeopardize him and his team. Now lets talk about deployment. For men the only thing keeping them from deploying is maybe an injury. What happens if a woman gets pregnant and has to deploy? Awol? Discharge? A woman would not and would not be expected to deploy if she was pregnant. Now the menstrual cycle. The time of the month that women are more emotional than ever. What happens when they start in the heat of battle. They could easily get their team and themselves killed. These factors are all important topics to be brought up in the push to get women into combat. Women in combat is and will never be a good idea.
XVIII18

Pro

I accept this debate and look forward to it.

First off, I see a lot of your opinions that really have no evidence behind them. In order for a man to be accepted into a high combat role they would first have to pass physical test and examinations before they are fully accepted for the role. Women would also have to do the same. If a woman can pass physical tests/ exams better than her male counterpart she would then be deemed more fit for combat regardless of gender.

"But women in an infantry or high combat role is not a good idea at all. If an enemy child approached a man soldier then whipped out an ak47 that child would be dead in an instant."

These are really all your own opinions, men also have problems killing children soldiers in combat, everyone does regardless of gender.

"They are weaker. Im not saying that some women are stronger than some men but most men in combat roles weigh more than 170 lbs, without the extra 30-50 lbs of equipment."

So what, if a woman can pass physical/ combat examinations more efficiently than her male counterpart she would be able to carry more weight than he would.

"But I am almost 100% sure that less than 10% of women in the military could achieve the same goal."

Any form of evidence for this statement? Even then, if a woman can beat her male counterpart in physical/combat examinations I would rather have the female aside me in combat than the male.

"What happens if a woman gets pregnant and has to deploy? Awol? Discharge?"

Men also go AWOL and become discharged at the last second. If a female were to become pregnant under similar circumstances they would be breaking numerous codes of conduct within whatever branch of military she is in.

"The time of the month that women are more emotional than ever. What happens when they start in the heat of battle."

That is a very misogynistic view towards women and periods. You really think that just because they are on their period they aren't going to fight efficiently?
zm44

Con

zm44 forfeited this round.
XVIII18

Pro

I hold on my arguments.
zm44

Con

zm44 forfeited this round.
XVIII18

Pro

extend, again.
zm44

Con

zm44 forfeited this round.
zm44

Con

zm44 forfeited this round.
XVIII18

Pro

XVIII18 forfeited this round.
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 2 years ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
The instigator is sexist...
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 2 years ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
Ha! According to people who commented on the article, most women can't even do a single pull-up. Epic fail! And people criticize me for being skinny...

But then again, I lift weights at 20 lbs with some effort for 2-3 hours (when I get the chance, stupid high school homework), so I guess I'm being a dick to them.
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 2 years ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
Wait - three pull-ups is hard? I could do at least 10 without stopping. Are they really that hard to do if you aren't over-weight?
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Yes, I think pro should use more sources rather than opinions.

It is not sexist to recognize that men and women were made different. In reality in most cases women fail in the training for combat positions.

Such as "More than half of the women in the Marines" boot camp cannot complete three pull-ups, the minimum requirement for the New Year. The issue has forced the Marine Corps to delay the prerequisite as it tries to integrate thousands of women into combat roles by 2016, the Associated Press reports." Now the military are lowering their standards which will definitely affect our military presence and ability.

http://nation.time.com...
Posted by XVIII18 2 years ago
XVIII18
Based off the instigator's first round, he is actually pro for the idea that women in combat is a bad idea. I will be for the side that it is not a bad idea.
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 2 years ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
I see where you are getting at, but that is kind of sexist, don't you think?
Posted by XVIII18 2 years ago
XVIII18
What are you wanting to debate here?