Sgt4Liberty
jovillan666

Women should NOT be on the front line of Combat in the military

Sgt4Liberty

Pro

I have respect for Women, and think there are roles that are perfect for females in the Military. I however think that we should NOT have our countries women fighting on the front lines of combat.

I'd like to see what others think.

Pro= against women in infantry (front lines of combat)
Con= for women in infantry (front lines of combat)
jovillan666

Con

I accept the debate. Since you made the claim, it is your responsibility to prove it. My position is that if certain standards(not based on gender) are imposed for becoming an infantry soldier and certain women can meet that criteria they should be allowed on the front line of combat.
Sgt4Liberty

Pro

Having spent 5 years in the Marine Corps, I can attest to the fact that I've seen female Marines do 20 pullups, run a perfect 3 Miles (under 18 minutes) and other various physical attributes that would make you think they are suitable for combat.

However, as Capt Lauren F. Serrano states in his article:

Combat for female Marines will eventually lead to career-ending medical conditions as they get older and their bodies are unable to withstand the years of constant infantry training.3 For the already fiscally strained military, this will lead to an increase in medically retired Marines who rate medical financial support for the rest of their lives. - See more at: https://www.mca-marines.org...

Now lets focus on the mental aspect. We know combat can be extremely difficult mentally for anyone, as we see many military veterans suffering from PTSD and suicide rates are through the roof. I'd like to start off with a real life example that my cousin shared with me on his first tour of combat. He was a Corporal at the time, with several months of patrolling experiences and had already been in several fire fights. One day, a female Sgt, and a female Staff Sgt decided that they wanted to go on this patrol, and considering they were higher ranked than my Cousin who was the squad leader, they let their ego/rank get the best of them. Please note, these two females haven't been on a patrol yet (they were admin MOS'). As they were patrolling along, a child (about 12 years old) starting coming towards them and was about 50 yards away and approaching. My cousin said he noticed an adult male in the distance pacing back and forth watching this child. My cousin's experience and instincts told him that this kid is probably forced to be a suicide bomber. Both females started freaking out, and were saying "what do we do"? Without hesitation, my cousin raised his rifle and took a shot killing the kid. Sure enough, he was strapped with explosives, and could've taken out the entire platoon.

Even if a female can handle the physical part of combat, they (generally speaking) are not capable of handling combat mentally. It's already tough enough for males, so why risk our females, and ultimately put squads/platoons/companies at risk?

The last thing I'll touch base on is our genetic hard wiring. Not just in women, but in men and how having females in combat is dangerous for U.S. troops. You see, women are our Mothers/Sisters/Aunts, and they are designed by nature to be nurturers. That's why they're perfect for nurse roles, but not in combat. Since we males see females as nurturers, if one were to go down in combat, you'll have several males who will want to come to their aid and taking focus off the mission. This can be dangerous for the entire platoon/squad, making them vulnerable to attacks. This is just our human nature, to take care of our females. Therefore, having females on the battlefield will put the units at a higher risk of attack. Lastly, what if a female is captured? These barbaric people in these countries are known to rape women and do horrible things. What if a female would be captured? This could greatly destroy the morale of the troops knowing one of their own females from their unit might be brutally raped by these barbaric pigs we're fighting. Why put that added stress on the units.

We need to take care of our females in uniform, and have them in jobs that are more fitting for their nature.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
http://www.popsci.com...
jovillan666

Con

jovillan666 forfeited this round.
Sgt4Liberty

Pro

DEFINITELY A DISTRACTION!!!!

jovillan666

Con

jovillan666 forfeited this round.
Sgt4Liberty

Pro

Sgt4Liberty forfeited this round.
jovillan666

Con

jovillan666 forfeited this round.
Sgt4Liberty

Pro

Sgt4Liberty forfeited this round.
jovillan666

Con

jovillan666 forfeited this round.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 1 year ago
Stonehe4rt
The only thing I'll say here because honestly I was pretty neutral to this until I realized that if I was in the military and a woman was hurt, she would indeed become my new priority, no matter what my current mission was.... At first I was like "Eh i don't know about this, women can be pretty tough" But yeah it is true that as a man I would prioritize a woman over anything else. Is this true for other guys? Maybe we can get a comments statistic going to see how many of us men feel this way.