Hooded_Freak
missbailey8

Women should have equal rights to men

missbailey8 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Hooded_Freak

Con

The proposition we will be debating is: "Should women have equal rights to men?"

Both parties have the burden of proof to prove their proposition: I will be arguing (Con) that women should not have equal rights to men. You will be arguing the (Pro) case that women should have equal rights to men.

These are the definitions I will be using
Rights: those things that one is morally or legally entitled to do or have.
Women: humans with two X chromosomes.

First round is for acceptance. After that anything goes. This is an informal debate, you are free to make your points in any fashion that you see fit.
missbailey8

Pro

I accept this debate. Best man wins. Peace.
Hooded_Freak

Con

My argument is very simple:

1: Sufficiently different people require different rights

This premise is true if you look at young children and adults. Children and adults are mentally and physically very different, so they require different rights to ensure their well-being and societies well being. For example: Children do not have the right to vote, since they lack the cognitive ability to make a rational, informed decision. Another example is: color-blind people. Color blind people are biologically different from people who can see color. Color blind people do not have the right to perform various jobs such as becoming a pilot since they require the ability to see colored signals to fly safely.

2: Women and men are sufficiently different

Women and men are vastly different physically: Women have less muscle mass, and boobs which make them less biologically able to perform physically demanding tasks. This is why women are not allowed in the military in many countries. Women have the ability to get pregnant and have children, this is why women have more rights when it comes to maternity leave and abortion. Women have much longer maternity leave (with greater benefits) than men, as well as much greater rights in choosing to abort or not abort a fetus.

Women and men are also vastly different mentally: Men have approximately 6.5 times more gray matter in the brain than wome. Women have about 10 times more white matter than men do. [1] Male brains are about 10% bigger than female brains on average. [1] Male and female brains are effected by different hormones, males have much more testosterone than females. These physical differences in male and female brains account for differences in cognition and males and females, such as males have higher sex drives, being more aggressive and males being more logical. Contrasted to females which are more emotional, less aggressive and less sexual.

From premise 1: Sufficiently different people require different rights
and premise 2: Men and women are sufficiently different
We reach the conclusion: Men and women should have different rights

This is a simple logical deduction. Men and women should have different rights (and already do). As I stated in my argument: abortion rights, and parental leave rights being two examples.

I now pass the floor over to my opponent to make their case and refute any of my arguments

[1]: http://www.webmd.com...
Posted by Hooded_Freak 1 year ago
Hooded_Freak
You're welcome to debate me if you think I'm wrong SJM
Posted by SJM 1 year ago
SJM
nonononononononono. Equal is different from identical.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
Go get 'em.
Posted by missbailey8 1 year ago
missbailey8
Me too, but I had to make a special exception for this loveliness.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
I was going to be accept it but I hate 5 round debates.
Posted by missbailey8 1 year ago
missbailey8
@bballcrook21

You know me so well. Thank you for posting this is the hangouts lol.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
I knew Bailey would accept this lol
Posted by SJM 1 year ago
SJM
Of course they shouldn't have the same rights.
Posted by SJM 1 year ago
SJM
Well this is obvious.