cheekyhobo
Kusfraba

Women should not be allowed to drive SUVs

cheekyhobo

Pro

HOLY SCHNIKEEZE!!! It's been snowing in my city and almost everyday I almost get hit by a woman putting on make-up, talking on their cell phone, and driving an SUV!!! This is not a patriarchal debate or even a gender-biased debate. This is a debate about domestic security!!! When women get inton an SUV (I will also advocate not Hummers) they feel safe and secure so they disregard the rest of the people around them! I was turning onto one of my streets and it is a two way. I car is parked on her side of the street and I am open to go on my side. There is plenty of time for her to stop, but she is talking on her cell phone and is driving right at me! I stop the car and if I wouldn't have honked, I might not be debating here right now! THIS IS A NATIONAL SECURITY CRISIS!!! SEND IN THE NATIONAL GUARD AND HURRY BEFORE WE ALL DIE!!!!!!
Oh God help us all!!
- Cheeks
Kusfraba

Con

Well first of all, I probably have the vote of all females on this website, as well as female-like guys. Second of all, I would like to point out that women are not the only ones who "feel safe and secure" in their SUVs. After all, don't guys also love their big, masculine trucks and Land Rovers? Besides, guys can be just as distracted while staring out of the window at the nearest busty blonde, making it even SAFER for women to drive, as attractive females are much harder to make out when seen through the tinted windows that are almost standard in cars today. I will go even further on that point and say that further distractions may ensue from the high vantage point given to males by their SUVs. This enables them to peer into other, lower cars with greater clarity, and if they do manage to find some "booty" or "hot stuff," red lights may be missed or people hit. Therefore, women should be persuaded into driving SUVs, as it makes them safer to unruly males.
Now obviously you are not concerned about women's rights nor are you concerned about their basic human rights, or you would not have called for the National Guard to presumably force these unfortunate females out of their beloved vehicles. Also, as I hope I have pointed out clearly, this IS a gender-biased debate, as you have not considered the many distractions members of the opposite gender face.
cheekyhobo

Pro

"I probably have the vote of all females on this website, as well as female-like guys." I have two problems with this sentence alone!
1) Debate isn't about the votes, it is about two people interacting and delving deep into the art of reasoning and thinking.
2) Why can't the manly women vote for me if the girly men will vote against me?

Your argument about the sexy babe driving next to you is flawed. I personally don't check that girl out because I am passing her at high rates of speed! Second, that just doesn't happen. And finally, SUVs don't have tinted windows. When men stand high in a vehicle, they feel powerful, not horny. Geeze, you must be one of those sissy guys to think otherwise!

"Now obviously you are not concerned about women's rights nor are you concerned about their basic human rights, or you would not have called for the National Guard to presumably force these unfortunate females out of their beloved vehicles." I care plenty for their lives, but I also care for the right to LIVE!!!! They are a threat to any other person on the road. They will be driving along and then BAM, some old lady is down for the count and the walker is stuck to the front of the vehicle and the woman driving has no idea what just happened. I care plenty for their rights, but they impede on others' when they drive! MORE ACCIDENTS HAPPEN WITH WOMEN INSTIGATING THE PROBLEMS WHEN THEY ARE DRIVING IN AN SUV! I AM NOT BIASED, BUT RATHER CONCERNED. (Sorry, my caps lock was on, I don't feel like rewriting that.)
Thanks for considering me a bigot!
- Cheeks
Kusfraba

Con

I have a few problems with your past arguments.

"Your argument about the sexy babe driving next to you is flawed. I personally don't check that girl out because I am passing her at high rates of speed! Second, that just doesn't happen."
Your argument about the distracted lady almost hitting you is flawed. I personally have never been almost hit by a distracted driver, male or female. Second, that driver could be anyone.

"I care plenty for their rights"
I could tell...

"They are a threat to any other person on the road."
I think that it's safe to say that ANYONE driving is a threat, regardless of gender, although...

Because I realize this is not a (and I hesitate to say it in prospect of the undoubted disapproval you would show) "serious" debate, I will not go into how constitutional this may or may not be; however, I will put in some statistics:

In 2006 alone, there were 29,722 male drivers killed, as opposed to the 12,747 female drivers killed.
There are more male drivers than female drivers dead each year.. If anyone, guys should be banned from driving SUVs.

Now, while it is true that men drive more, when compared on an average of miles, you get figures like this:
"There are 1.35 male deaths as opposed to .77 female deaths for every 100 million miles driven."
-- From the aptly named http://www.resource4accidents.com...

"MORE ACCIDENTS HAPPEN WITH WOMEN INSTIGATING THE PROBLEMS WHEN THEY ARE DRIVING IN AN SUV!"
Do you still think so? The only factor that contributes to a heightened risk is the fact that the woman is driving an SUV. These vehicles are two times likelier to kill others in a crash. Maybe you should be concentrating on banning these dangerous vehicles instead, rather than blame the people, or more specifically, the gender of the people.

Thanks for considering me a sissy!
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
Pro hasn't made any sense , he wants the NG to remove female drivers. I can assure you the NG has more important things to do , ie deploy to war. Right here he has no logic and can't prove that statement. He can't prove anything and hasn't shown not one thing to back up his argument besides a women driving in an SUV almost hit him. My aunt got hit from behind on the highway last night while driving her SUV by a MAN.
Posted by dxpilot 9 years ago
dxpilot
Why not? His arguement seems to be making a lot more sense.

Your statistic about male deaths don't prove anything. That means more died. It doesn't nessecarily have anything to do with SUV's. It could be drunk driving, a blown tire, anything,

And how do you know the women didn't kill the men???
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
I can't believe people are actually voting for Pro ... I mean seriously his argument is so flawed. Many women do not put on makeup while driving. A person's driving ability is not based on their gender. I would love to know how many accidents Pro has ever been in and how many tickets Pro has ever received. Many women are cautious drivers just as some men are distracted drivers. Actually in most states I believe for a newly insured driver the insurance rates are actually higher for males than females.
Posted by Kusfraba 9 years ago
Kusfraba
And happy birthday, too!

(I'm pretty sure...)
Posted by Kusfraba 9 years ago
Kusfraba
Oh! I hadn't realized that this was a two-round debate! I enjoyed it though, thanks.
Posted by Kusfraba 9 years ago
Kusfraba
Unless all of the SUV driving ladies are watching this debate, carefully selecting their next "pro" victim...

Sorry for the delay, I'll get to the next round shortly, I won't let it forfeit!
Posted by cheekyhobo 9 years ago
cheekyhobo
Hey blonde dude! A vote for the con is a death sentence to the world!!! We will all die at the hands of siome crazy lady driving her SUV!!!
Posted by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
<<Well first of all, I probably have the vote of all females on this website, as well as female-like guys.>>

hahaha! lmao, this debate is too rigged for con.

<<Can you say "douche bag"? jk.>>

lmaooo! You guys are both funny, but I guess I'd be an assh*ole to vote for pro, so I'll vote con
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
I drive a durango and would love to know how your driving record is Pro. I am a step 9 , the lowest insurance rates apply to me. I have been driving for 11 years , I have never had a speeding ticket, never been pulled over and never had an accident. I have a perfect driving record in my big SUV. Please do send the National Guard to remove me from my car, as my husband is in it and I haven't seen him in 8 months because he is in Iraq. I would gladly welcome his coming to get me away from our SUV except for one thing. I have the bestter driving record :) My brother has had to accidents in the 2 years he has had his DL , both in SUVs , both major accidents. My aunt , another female with an SUV has had her DL for 26 years and also has never gotten a ticket or had an accident. Also a step 9. So stop being sexist , I am probably a better driver than you.
Posted by cheekyhobo 9 years ago
cheekyhobo
Can you say "douche bag"? jk.
Vote Placed by Kenostic 7 years ago
Kenostic
cheekyhoboKusfrabaTied
Vote Placed by HellKat 8 years ago
HellKat
cheekyhoboKusfrabaTied
Vote Placed by Kmille11014 8 years ago
Kmille11014
cheekyhoboKusfrabaTied
Vote Placed by JonJon 8 years ago
JonJon
cheekyhoboKusfrabaTied
Vote Placed by dxpilot 9 years ago
dxpilot
cheekyhoboKusfrabaTied
Vote Placed by riddlegrl7 9 years ago
riddlegrl7
cheekyhoboKusfrabaTied
Vote Placed by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
cheekyhoboKusfrabaTied
Vote Placed by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
cheekyhoboKusfrabaTied
Vote Placed by Daisssy 9 years ago
Daisssy
cheekyhoboKusfrabaTied
Vote Placed by Kusfraba 9 years ago
Kusfraba
cheekyhoboKusfrabaTied