Iamright58
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Women should not feel offended when called 'babe' or 'baby'.

8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Iamright58

Pro

Women should not feel offended when called 'babe' or 'baby', since it is not necessarily an insult. It is rather a compliment, to express admiration for the women, which in more often cases would be beautiful. It can boost her self-esteem. Also, many waitresses call men clients 'honey', since they have the right to do it, men should also have the right to call women 'babe'.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Con

Contrary to popular belief there is no such thing as a feeling that should be felt.

People say 'you shouldn't feel depressed because you're not starving' to someone who is literally slitting their wrists and crying themselves from insomnia to sleep every painful night. You cannot rationalize nor rank feelings. There is no objective way to prioritize which feelings are more important or appropriate and there never will be.

If a woman doesn't like to be called babe and/or baby then you have no right to tell them that they should enjoy it. It is anyone's sovereign right to feel and think as they please without any restrictions placed upon them.
Iamright58

Pro

There is no good reason to feel bad about it. I am not saying women must like it I am saying they should not feel offended since it is rather a compliment then an insult.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Con

The resolution which Pro issupporting states that the women must feel a certain thing as opposed to another. Pro has yet to justify taking away the right of women to feel whatever the hell they want.
Iamright58

Pro

This is not taking the right away from anyone. This is a new way of seeing things in more open-minded way, instead of causing problems.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Con

Pro has offended me.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Con

Pro called me a false. This is highly rude as I am very real indeed.
Iamright58

Pro

Con has called me rude. I am not rude I am only telling the truth.
Can you please go back to the debate.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Con

Sure, back to the debate.

I win.

There.
Vote Placed by The_Gatherer 2 years ago
The_Gatherer
Iamright588elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJATied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's initial argument is flawed and offensive. It states that women should be told how to feel. Con effectively refutes Pro's argument with this same observation. Pro then fails to refute this. If Pro is serious and not trolling, he should seriously consider why people are offended by such name calling. It is not for the person making the comment to decide whether or not the person receiving it should be offended, or whether or not it is a compliment.