Reece.Shelton
shay.walsh

Women shouldn't be allowed children until their 25

shay.walsh

Reece.Shelton

Pro

I believe that women shouldn't be allowed to conceive children until they are 25. They should be able to focus on a career and education first until they are financially stable so they can support their family if the man is not the main breadwinner.
shay.walsh

Con

Some women under the age of 25 are happy and stable in their lives enough to care for their children. Sue Sharpe's idea of changeing priorities of women does not mean that women must be housewives, and single mums are no longer forced to depend on a man, but can in fact be professional business women. Women also in modern society at ANY age can escape this glass ceiling theodicy, the idea that women are restricted from top jobs. Women under 25 can have stable jobs and look after children. Women under 18 for example are to young, and in fact many young children develop anorexia nervosa to cause amonhroea, the prevention of menstraution. Therefore people suggesting that they should not have children is causing more pressure on these young girls, causing more children once again to suffer anorexia, purposefully to fit in with these bigoted ideas suggested. These women should be allowed as in Modern Britain women under 25 can be financially stable, and also these ideas are causing a lot of biological issues amongst the youth.
Reece.Shelton

Pro

Erm, well I do actually agree with some of the points that you have previously stated but if you have ever watched The Jeremy Kyle show, you would understand where such negative stereotypes come from. Stereotypically, the show is full of young females not knowing the father of their baby and using their baby as a weapon against the fathers. Therefore, you can clearly see where these negative connotations are coming from. However, for example, if a 15 year old girl falls pregnant with 'the one', within three months they split up and when the baby is born, both parents are with different partners and cause tensions both in public situations and on social networking sites. She then receives no money from the ex and is therefore put onto state benefits and saps money from the hardworking members of society who work to support their families but instead have to support her. Therefore, people are supporting her whilst she has to balance her education and being a mother to her young child. I'm not saying that women can't climb the ladder of success at various companies but I think it would make society better if women got top grades in education and were successful top-end businesswomen and being self-sufficient before creating a family unit.
shay.walsh

Con

Unfortunately one of your points has actually supported me. The final point about women getting an education and creating a family unit is the same as my point.
Aswell, shows such as Jeremy Kyle are very biased in their approach in a way to suggest that women shouldn't. Shows such as this do show this idea, however they are low in their ability to percieve and their neutrality of the sitation. They are more likely to show women under the age of 25 in a negative spotlight, causing these views to become much more steretyped amongst ALL young girls, when some young girls with children are in fact able to provide, and in some cases become successful.
This evidence therefore has low vailidity due to the biasness.
Equally, these shows are once again causing young girls into biological disorders, as these shows people with emotional issues, causing once again young girls to be much more fearful of their appearance and biological cycle. These perceptions once again cause young girls to become ill in a very much malnourished state.
Reece.Shelton

Pro

Well, these shows do not cause such effects. These sort of effects are more mentally brought on rather than biologically, therefore if a woman appears on the show, it is her who will have asked for help in the first place so she will have brought this on herself.
shay.walsh

Con

You have backed up my point at least by accepting the fact that these children can still suffer mental issues.
These young women may also not of brought this amongst themselves, e.g. they may of took the precautions, but unfortunately these people may of failed in these.
This then brings us onto whether these children suffer abortion, again causing us more ethical issues. Are you suggesting they should get abortions purely to prevent mental issues?
You have also chosen very few of my point (selectivity) on my last point by only arguing the biological effects, ignoring other points I have made which I assume you agree with.
Posted by J-Dawg 3 years ago
J-Dawg
The view that women specifically should not have children is misognystic. A better way to phrase this would be 'people', not 'women'.

Also, your use of 'their' rather than 'they're' in the title is laughable.
Posted by LiliyanH 3 years ago
LiliyanH
Then men should not be allowed to have sex with any women who are under 25 :) as a lesbian, i say good idea!
Posted by saskiasmummy 3 years ago
saskiasmummy
I don't agree at all with this debate, I am 21 and fell pregnant with my daughter at 19. Why should anybody have to wait until 25 to have a child.. It is a blessing to be given such a wonderful gift, and I would rather have my daughter over an career, job, education or money. Age doesn't make a difference to the mother you will be.
Posted by JUDGE_MILLER 3 years ago
JUDGE_MILLER
shutup reece
Vote Placed by glowingdisco 3 years ago
glowingdisco
Reece.Sheltonshay.walshTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sorry I didn't read all of the argument but Pro's argument was completely tyrannical and Communistic. Insane. How in the world would that be enforced legally?