awkwardperson
macdonaldk2016

Women used the US constitution to gain equal rights

awkwardperson

Pro

Women gained equality effectively because they have the right to vote and the law states that women and men are equal.
macdonaldk2016

Con

Unfortunately yes they did use the constitution to gain rights, I will start be agreeing with that. But unfortunately is exactly what it is. They USED it and still continue to use the constitution today, as a woman I believe they had every right to use the constitution, but explain to me please on why you think this was effective? I can say just because I am bisexual I should have the same rights as straight men/women according to the constitution, but yet I still do not have those rights. So did women really use the constitution or was there more to it? Women that protested day in and day out for weeks, months, and years are the true heroes in this. Just because we have a document stating that we're all free and equal is not the truth at all. It takes a lot more than just a piece of paper to gain equal rights.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal" the previous quote is from the United States Deceleration of Independence

Please also compare the two following documents, one is the Constitution the other is our Deceleration of Independence which is the true document that compares equality.

http://constitutionus.com...

http://www.archives.gov...

Thank you for letting me argue, Your turn.
awkwardperson

Pro

awkwardperson forfeited this round.
macdonaldk2016

Con

macdonaldk2016 forfeited this round.
awkwardperson

Pro

awkwardperson forfeited this round.
macdonaldk2016

Con

no argue.
awkwardperson

Pro

awkwardperson forfeited this round.
macdonaldk2016

Con

macdonaldk2016 forfeited this round.
awkwardperson

Pro

awkwardperson forfeited this round.
macdonaldk2016

Con

macdonaldk2016 forfeited this round.
Posted by Tyler5362 3 years ago
Tyler5362
This is known fact. Why is this a debate?