JasperFrancisShickadance
LDPOFODebATeR0328

Women wrestling are better than men stitching

LDPOFODebATeR0328
Started: 9/27/2014 Category: Funny

JasperFrancisShickadance

Con

If genders switched a few roles would men do stitching and women do wrestling? This house believes that men stitching would be better than women wrestling. If my chosen opponent opposes, he should step right up!

better = http://www.google.com...
wrestling = http://www.google.com...
stitching a.k.a. sewing = http://www.google.com...
LDPOFODebATeR0328

Pro

I accept. Sorry for the late acceptance...
JasperFrancisShickadance

Con

It's perfectly forgiven, Ledroptha (LDP) DebATeR of DDO! Acceptance is always the least important, in my opinion. But alas, this debate is only three rounds, so I suppose we should be making the most of each one...
Now. On with the arguing.

I believe men stitching would be a better change than women wrestling. I understand how watching women wrestle would be more entertaining, but that is not the point here! The point is that men stitching would help and advance us all with a better influence in a certain perspective.

Men stitching provides more resources than women wrestling
Whatever is used for stitching does not cost a lot of money. The end product of stitching: beautiful artworks that can be sold for money (embroideries, pictures, etc.) and/or used for sales to produce money and income. Women wrestling only provides entertainment which is expensive to watch/play. Men stitching provides money, clothes (scarves, gloves, hats, coats, etc.), and is good for men.

Men would get a break (they need one!)
Males are considered men right after aboy has finished adolescence.If you've ever had a younger--or even older--brother, close friend or husband,you know how interestingly hyper they can get. They are constantly diong one of these things: working, playing, or competing!If my opponnent is a man, (correct me if I'm wrong because it's a blatant assumption),Pro canmost likely agree that mencan geta bit out of handwhen they are notdoing something competely constructive.
Imagine men going intocareers such as craft salesmen andfine arts participators.While they would still get theirtime forbeing rowdy, they would have somecalm-you-downtimes as part of their schedule so that the women wouldn't get so annoyed with them and they'd feel assisted in their often over-looked roles like sewing.

Women wrestlers would not be very entertaining
Once most females get to that stagein life where they are considered women instead of just girls, (around the age of25),they are done with physical activities/sports whatsoever, thus wrestling would be boring and probably quite lame to watch!

Women's bodies are not fit for the sport of wrestling
Speaking of that transition from girl-hoodadolescence tofull-adult women, girls mature more and more significantly than boys over time. We do not need to think about how wrestling would be quite uncomfortableand unpleasant for the bodies ofwomen.

Boys are the perfect for stitching. Their hand-eye coordination would be improved (that's self explanatory), and they would learn to it still rather than rough house. Men are factually not known to be gentle-men, but that could change within the course of all men getting into the hobby of crafts making!
LDPOFODebATeR0328

Pro

I'd like to thank JasperFrancisShickadance for presenting her "interesting" speech. Now, moving on:

C1: Women Wrestling is Considered more Entertaining than Men Sewing

My opponent claims that women wrestling would be "lame to watch" because they are "done" with physical activities. This is absolutely untrue. My opponent brings up a faulty claim without evidence. Growing mature wouldn't cause women to lose interest in physical activies. This is why professional female soccer players, tennis players, and wrestlers exist (these are only couple of examples). Women still have interest in sports. Women, like men, enjoy physical activities.

Additionally, Women Wrestling is actually quite popular. A YouTube video called, "Top 10 Female Wrestlers," currently has over 17 million views and 23,000 likes! [1] Many people actually enjoy spectating female wrestling because it is fun and exciting. On the other hand, sewing has no intense rivalries and matches. Watching someone sew is clearly not exciting. [2]

C2: Women Wrestling might actually Support Women

There are approximately 237,868 victims of sexual assaults, each year. [3] Female wrestling might actually decrease the amount of sexual assaults. If women were to learn wrestling, they would be capable of defending themselves from rapists.

I also feel that the whole "men are stronger than women" thing is quite unfair. Once women start wrestling, they would be just as physically strong as men.

Refutations:

1.) Men Stitching provides more resources than women wrestling

This is not true. Yes, men might earn a few dollars from stitching and selling their products. Don't forget that professional female wrestler would earn more money. Tickets to the wrestling stadium allow women wrestlers to earn a lot of money (due to the fact that there are a lot of spectators in wrestling).

2.) Men would get a break (they need one!)

I completely argee. But, I'd like to ask my opponent one question: Why sewing? Men would rather watch football or baseball than sewing. Men have several hobbies [4]... but why stitching?

3.) Women wrestlers would not be very entertaining

My opponent contradicts herself. During her second paragraph, she clearly mentions, "I understand how watching women wrestle would be more entertaining..." Thus, this argument is invalid.

4.) Women's bodies are not fit for the sport of wrestling

Not really. Professional Women Wrestling actually exists. The wrestlers there seem to have no problem...

[1] https://www.youtube.com...
[2] https://www.youtube.com...
[3] https://www.rainn.org...
[4] http://www.artofmanliness.com...

Not the best arguments, but ehhh... Good enough...
JasperFrancisShickadance

Con

Oooohh this just got serious! Thank you for your arguments, Pro.

R1. "My opponent claims that women wrestling would be "lame to watch" because they are "done" with physical activities. This is absolutely untrue. My opponent brings up a faulty claim without evidence. Growing mature wouldn't cause women to lose interest in physical activities. This is why professional female soccer players, tennis players, and wrestlers exist (these are only couple of examples). Women still have interest in sports. Women, like men, enjoy physical activities."
I am a woman too. I do a ton of physical activities (sports). But I am thirteen. I have not fully grown in my physical body futures!!! I play every sport (basketball, softball/baseball, tennis, volleyball, soccer) except wrestling (and boxing and Lecross). Main reason is because I don't want to hurt anything. Sure, you get hurt playing basketball, but the goal of the game is not to tear someone to the ground. I'd like to mention that Pro is 14 according to his profile, she should know what I mean. Secondly I'd like to make it known that women wrestling is considered awful, even by pro people on a wrestling forum. Read what they say here: [1] Too physical means awkwardly weird and the sport is generally (and obviously) uncomfortable for everyone, the spectators and the players! [2], [3]

R2. "Additionally, Women Wrestling is actually quite popular. A YouTube video called, "Top 10 Female Wrestlers," currently has over 17 million views and 23,000 likes! [1] Many people actually enjoy spectating female wrestling because it is fun and exciting. On the other hand, sewing has no intense rivalries and matches. Watching someone sew is clearly not exciting."
YouTubers say nothing on the scale of popularity. Admit it, whenever you watch a video you are either bored or have to do it for education (school). A YouTube video has no say in this debate because it doesn't prove that women wrestling is entertaining, in fact if anything, it proves against your proposition. It is lame and not useful in any way.

R3. "There are approximately 237,868 victims of sexual assaults, each year. [3] Female wrestling might actually decrease the amount of sexual assaults. If women were to learn wrestling, they would be capable of defending themselves from rapists." I doubt that. As you said, women have already started wrestling, but it is most definitely not the same as men's wrestling. There are better sports that could teach self defense, but wrestling would not do that well. Women should take Karate or something, instead!

Men sewing would calm them down, help them stop and think about morality, and from the way you put it, could stop sexual abuse.

R4. "I also feel that the whole "men are stronger than women" thing is quite unfair. Once women start wrestling, they would be just as physically strong as men."
Oh and by the way I am a female. What you just said is an utterly incorrect assumed proposition. But you contradict yourself by suggesting that women ARE as strong as men. If you believe this, then what is the use of wrestling? Compared to men stitching, it is a waste of time.

Earlier, you made an assumed proposition that went something like this:
A) Women are sexually abused.
B) Women will be more able to defend if they learn to wrestle.
C) Therefore, if women learn to wrestle they won't be sexually abused as much.

Voters, you can decide if this works.

R5. "Yes, men might earn a few dollars from stitching and selling their products. Don't forget that professional female wrestler would earn more money. Tickets to the wrestling stadium allow women wrestlers to earn a lot of money (due to the fact that there are a lot of spectators in wrestling)."
Exactly. Wrestling is dumb because it just gives females in a better position in money, but is that good for anyone? All those people who pay to see lame performance of women wrestling and then they have less money!

If men sewed more they would not only provide for themselves but it would give resources (clothing and accessories) to others. Men stitching most certainly provides more resources than women wrestling!

R6. "I completely argee. But, I'd like to ask my opponent one question: Why sewing? Men would rather watch football or baseball than sewing. Men have several hobbies [4]... but why stitching?"
If you know what I mean, men can get aggressive at the TV. Spectating sports, as you suggested, would put them in a position of stress and anger rather than relaxation and it would not give them a break. I'm saying that men stitching would take those males away from their normal routine of hobbies and give them a new perspective on peace and fun things to do.

R7. "My opponent contradicts herself. During her second paragraph, she clearly mentions, "I understand how watching women wrestle would be more entertaining..." Thus, this argument is invalid."
No. Obviously women wrestling would be MORE entertaining than watching men try to sew! But it is not invalid to argue that women wrestling still isn't very entertaining.

Thank you for your time! This has been laughably...fun. Good luck Pro.

[1] http://forums.wrestlezone.com...
[2] Ugh!! http://smithplanet.com...
[3] http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com...

Vote Con.
LDPOFODebATeR0328

Pro

Dang! Yup. Things just got serious. 

First off, I'd to point out something extremely important: I am a MALE. My opponent called me a "she..." :( Although I am angered by my opponent's words, I still want to point out that her profile picture looks awesome! (Not serious anymore...)

LOL. Now moving on...

"I am a woman too. I do a ton of physical activities (sports). But I am thirteen. I have not fully grown in my physical body futures!!! I play every sport (basketball, softball/baseball, tennis, volleyball, soccer) except wrestling (and boxing and Lecross). Main reason is because I don't want to hurt anything. Sure, you get hurt playing basketball, but the goal of the game is not to tear someone to the ground. I'd like to mention that Pro is 14 according to his profile, she should know what I mean. Secondly I'd like to make it known that women wrestling is considered awful, even by pro people on a wrestling forum. Read what they say here: [1] Too physical means awkwardly weird and the sport is generally (and obviously) uncomfortable for everyone, the spectators and the players! [2], [3]"

The goal of wrestling is not "tearing someone the ground." Like football, it is merely a sport. All sports have objectives, and wrestling happens to have a different goal. You must simply take down your opponent in order to "win." My opponent’s claim about how wrestling is unsafe is a myth. Wrestling is safe. Illegal moves and potentially dangerous situations can result in penalty points and even disqualification. Coaches and referees work very hard to keep wrestling SAFE for all participants. [2] Wrestling is actually quite similar to karate and other types of martial arts. I know countless girls who do martial arts. Karate and wrestling both have the same objectives (take down your opponent using different moves), but I don't understand why my opponent considers wrestling as an awful sport.

I'd like to remind my opponent that the wrestling "pros" that you mentioned were not legit professionals. They happen to be people who just post a lot of comments in the forum. I checked the presumed professional’s profile… His occupation was educator. I want to remind my opponent that she should have thoroughly research about the “pro” before using him as a source. I also want to point out that people have different opinions! Some females might actually enjoy playing or spectating wrestling. You mentioned that EVERYONE generally feels uncomfortable about wrestling. This is a mere claim, and it is invalid until she proves it with a reliable source (the two “sources” were pictures).

"YouTubers say nothing on the scale of popularity. Admit it, whenever you watch a video you are either bored or have to do it for education (school). A YouTube video has no say in this debate because it doesn't prove that women wrestling is entertaining, in fact if anything, it proves against your proposition. It is lame and not useful in any way."

First off all, the video doesn't prove how wrestling "is lame and not useful in any way." This is merely your opinion.

Second, I only brought that video up just to show how Women Wrestling is starting to become popular. 17 million views are A LOT of views. Not all people go to Youtube, just because they are bored. Some of them watch it because of interest. The “disturbing” (3rd) picture that you brought up, in fact, proves my claim. If you take a look at the crowd behind them, you would notice that there is a lot of people. Your picture proves its popularity.

“I doubt that. As you said, women have already started wrestling, but it is most definitely not the same as men's wrestling. There are better sports that could teach self defense, but wrestling would not do that well. Women should take Karate or something, instead!”

You have no experience in wrestling. How do you know it wouldn’t be the same as men’s wrestling? My brother used to wrestle, back when he was a sophomore. There were a couple of females in his wrestling team. He claims that women were just as good as men at wrestling. My opponent is just bringing up faulty assumptions and opinions.

Also, I’d like to point out that wrestling helps in self-defense. Wrestling teaches the basic skill about how to PROTECT YOURSELF on the event of a physical altercation [1] (This source is actually credible, unlike my opponent’s sources):
-Body Positioning
-How to Control an Opponent
-How to Defend Against Different Types of Attacks
-Toughness

Actually, many credible sources (related to sports) support my claim about why wrestling is good. Wrestling provides a positive outlet for especially energetic boys and GIRLS. [2]

“Men sewing would calm them down, help them stop and think about morality, and from the way you put it, could stop sexual abuse.”

I’m sure rapists would stop their actions and start sewing (sarcasm intended)! You suggestion cannot be upheld. It’s not going to work. I guarantee that sexual abuse would still occur. If women were taught how to wrestle, they would be able to “defend against different types of attacks.” Isn’t it common sense? According to you, wrestlers learn how to “tear someone to the ground.”

“Oh and by the way I am a female. What you just said is an utterly incorrect assumed proposition. But you contradict yourself by suggesting that women ARE as strong as men. If you believe this, then what is the use of wrestling? Compared to men stitching, it is a waste of time.”

Well, here is what I said:

"I also feel that the whole "men are stronger than women" thing is quite unfair. Once women start wrestling, they would be just as physically strong as men."

Please DO take a look at my second sentence. “ONCE WOMEN START WRESTLING, they would be JUST AS PHYSICALLY STRONG AS MEN.” I’m not contradicting myself. I meant that once women start wrestling, they would be just as strong. Once they are just as strong, “men are stronger than women” thing would be over.

Also, my opponent brings up a claim about how wrestling is waste of time, compared to men stitching. This “argument” included no argument, explanation, of source.

Although it shouldn’t be considered an argument, I shall refute it anyways. Men stitching would actually be a waste of time. First of all, men who stitch wouldn’t be able to earn a lot of money. Even if they earn a couple of dollars from selling their products, they would have to use up all of their money that they earned on resources, needed for sewing. Wrestlers, on the other hand, would clearly earn more money because spectators pay to watch them wrestle. Second, watching wrestling would be entertaining than men sewing. My opponent admitted than women wrestling is more entertaining. Watching someone sew is clearly a waste of time.

“Earlier, you made an assumed proposition that went something like this:
A) Women are sexually abused.

Voters, you can decide if this works.”

It makes complete sense. Currently, sexual abuse is a big problem worldwide. Like I mentioned, women would be able to defend themselves through wrestling. Because they are capable of defending themselves, less rapes would occur.
Hey! Since, you brought that up, I just remembered something.

A) No reason given.
B) No reason given.
C) Thus, wrestling is lame and not useful in any way.

Assumed Proposition #2
A) Wrestling gives females in a better position in money.
B) People watch the lame performance (opinion), and lose money.
C) Thus, wrestling is dumb.

Voters, you can decide if it works. (LOL)
RFD:
Let’s keep it simple.

1.) All of my opponent’s “arguments” are mere assumptions and opinions.
2.) My opponent never brought up any credible sources…

Sources can be found in comments. 

Vote Pro.

*My speech was suppose to be much longer, but it went 1500 characters beyond the limit. :(
Posted by LDPOFODebATeR0328 2 years ago
LDPOFODebATeR0328
Don't deduct my S&G points. My computer is messed up. Sources:

[1] http://wrestling.isport.com...
[2] http://www.teamusa.org...
Posted by LDPOFODebATeR0328 2 years ago
LDPOFODebATeR0328
I might accept... I don't know... I'm quite busy these days...
Posted by JasperFrancisShickadance 2 years ago
JasperFrancisShickadance
I know, I know... :D
Posted by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
This topic is just weird lol sorry mate
JasperFrancisShickadance
The point is that there is no real point. Get it? Your just supposed to debate and see what happens :P
Posted by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
No offense but this is not a resolution I care to debate nor do i see the point in it lol
Posted by Shield 2 years ago
Shield
I don't know who would rather watch men make clothing rather than watch women fight.
Vote Placed by ShadowKingStudios 2 years ago
ShadowKingStudios
JasperFrancisShickadanceLDPOFODebATeR0328Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Better has been defined as "improve on or surpass". Con showed mens sewing is an improvement upon female wrestling since entertainment wrestling is choreographed & the alleged conflicts are scripted fiction. Want an RFD, re-read Con's 3rd paragraph in R2. However Pro's more valid point is Con's sources, they prove little to nothing. I kept clicking on them thinking a hard-hitting fact was going to be delivered. I never got punched. MCA for Con; Conduct & MRS for Pro--conduct (for exposing the contradictions) MRS (goes here as a penalization for Con's juiceless sources).
Vote Placed by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
Reasons for voting decision: Both Pro and Con provided very good arguments, and this was a very interesting debate. Both also provided refutations for each others' points. Pro successfully refuted more points than Con did, however. (Can't list them all here). Arguments to Pro. I thought the sarcastic jibe at the end was a little over the line, though, even as a response to Con's original syllogism, so I'm awarding conduct to Con. Pro says that his computer is messed up so I'll let the S&G errors slide. Btw JasperFrancisShickadance, it's "lacrosse". :) :) Good job to both debaters.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with what Pro said, con's sources and arguments were too weak (round 2 had absolutely no sources and thus those arg's were too subjective), especially in that (later) the sources were mostly in forums and pictures, compared to pro's never-refuted arguments especially within the excitement of wrestling compared to stitching. Pro wins here.