Meganrihanne1992x
Cerebral_Narcissist

Womens rights and equal judgements

Meganrihanne1992x

Pro

My debate comes from a various different perceptions, why do women endure more sexual abuse get discriminated for ie: wearing short skirts , showiing flesh acting provocatively , whereas men can do the exact same thing except worse, sleep with alot of women ( one night stands) do the same things and be known as the "man" or someone cool,.

This to me in basic women discrimination, my opinion is that women are discretley known as the weaker sex and the more incontrolled ones.

i am completely for " women rights and equal judgement" anyone care to debarte why not?
Cerebral_Narcissist

Con

Thank you for the debate.

My opponent seems to be arguing that women are unfairly discriminated against, that they are treated as if they are inferior, and that men and women should be treated equally.

She makes a number of contentions to support this.

1: Provocative Dress.
"why do women endure more sexual abuse get discriminated for ie: wearing short skirts , showiing flesh acting provocatively"

This I believe is wholly inaccurate, the other day I went to work in a short skirt and boob tube, I was subjected to ridicule, disdain and disciplinary action. However female colleagues who have dressed in a similar style received either a neutral or positive reaction. Thus it is clear to me that it is men who are the targets of abuse in this matter and that women actually have greater rights in regard to provocative dress.

Having learnt my lesson I went to work the following day in a long, modest dress. I was still subjected to abuse, however female co-workers are able to dress in skirts, dresses or trousers without incurring the displeasure of their fellow workers. Thus this contention is negated.

2: Promiscuity.
"whereas men can do the exact same thing except worse, sleep with alot of women ( one night stands) do the same things and be known as the "man" or someone cool,."

This is entirely subjective, certain male social groups will express disdain for promiscuity, certain female social groups will actually encourage it. If one is to look outside these limited anecdotal accounts to the wider society, men's magazines, reality TV, tabloid headlines, it can be seen that popular culture actually endorses and encourages promiscuous women.

I personally judge promiscuous men in a far more negative light than I do women.

3: Women are regarded as weaker.
"This to me in basic women discrimination, my opinion is that women are discretley known as the weaker sex and the more incontrolled ones."

Though women are sometimes referred to as the weaker sex the actual situation is more far more complicated. In terms of physical strength and formal or obvious leadership roles women appear to be the 'weaker'. However it is abundantly clear that women actually wield far greater power.

One example of this is TV advertising, men are consistently parodied and portrayed as nothing more than big kids who would be helpless were it not for a woman.

Why is this, why would advertising executives (who are mostly men) denigrate themselves and half of their potential market? That would make no sense surely? The answer is that within almost all male-female relationships it is the woman who holds the most power and makes the majority of economic or purchasing decisions.

Who decides how to decorate the family home, the woman, who decides what type of bread the family buys, it is 9 times out of 10 the woman.

Furthermore Men understand, and are conditioned into accepting this constant demeaning propaganda in good cheer, they have therefore in this sense accepted on some level their inferiority to women.

Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior
-Socrates

Who can deny that this is not the exact situation that modern society is in?
4: Equality.
"i am completely for " women rights and equal judgement"

Men and women are different, skeletal structure, physical strength, social interaction, tendencies towards specific areas of intelligence, emotional responses, sexual desires. They are biologically different, even the male and female brains function is differing ways.

Those these differences are not absolute, a female body builder will obviously be stronger than most men for example, and it does not take into consideration the confusing and complicated issues of gender dysmorphia or hermaphrodism their is a strong correlation between certain abilities, behaviours personalities and gender.

Is my opponent arguing that the two very different sections of the human race be treated equally in all things?
Meganrihanne1992x

Pro

I thank my opponent for challenging me to this debate,

I would firstly like to elaborate further on my arguement, My arguement is not based on overall physique and intelligence, its the sterotypical norm that we live in addition to this my arguement is not biased as i do believe both sexes endure discrimination, but i will stick to what i know about women discrimination.

My oppnent quoted <>>

I believe is wholly inaccurate, the other day I went to work in a short skirt and boob tube, I was subjected to ridicule, disdain and disciplinary action. However female colleagues who have dressed in a similar style received either a neutral or positive reaction. Thus it is clear to me that it is men who are the targets of abuse in this matter and that women actually have greater rights in regard to provocative dress.

My Challenger is stating that women endure positive reaction for dressing provactively and this is very true, and this is part of my arguement im not denying that dressing in a sexy way does not get sexual positive attention, it can also
as i believe distain negative attention , though this is complete unfair as you cannot win both ways!, my opponent goes on to say that men are subjects of this abuse..? Please state why, ?Women do have more rights to provactively , women have more complexed bodys, more curvier physique.. look at the women role models for example marilyn monroe" a huge men idol, She was known for her " classy sexy look", so women are to believe that dressing in a sexy way is a womens provocative.

My opponent goes on to say, that in a modest way she went into work wearing a long skirt, and still recieved negative and ridiculed attention, Im not denying that dressing this way does not get negative attention, my whole arguement is based on women that dress sexy are endured to deragotory perceptions and a more complexed Judgement.

My opponent also stated

Yes the media does exploit the fact that promiscuity is a way forward for women, but they dont state " sleep with 6 men and be popular and congratualted by your girlfriends" Some megazines teaches women to have a sexy style, they enduse women to for eg: Try different sex techniques , etc , Reality tv processes these negative views , for eg I read a story where a women was seen giving head to a footballer, and was slashed all over tv,and bieng branded a " slag" whore" etc, this is a perfect example for unfair judgement the media seeks this out, whereas the footballer was not as much ridiculed for cheating on his girfriend!

My opponet also redges on and says that women are seen as weaker in a different aspect, like physical strenth and leadership roles, As we all know scientifically men are more physically stronger than men so i dont deny that one, women are undermined in certain areas for example emotional and psychological behaviour, women are seen as week " More scared stressed out" whereas statistically women are more emotionally balanced, and structured than men.

My opponent goes on to say that

Can you elaborate further?, Advertsiing usually involves men as potrayed as " all mighty" and a women weak at the knees, for eg: The lynks advert, where is shows a women "fall in love with a guy" for wearng the deodrant this projects a shallow and typical perception of women.

Also my challenger states..

This is a usual agenda, men are usually accepted for women to have a better knowledge about style, and colours, but men have the biggest role in determining what wiring goes in, wear things should go electrically, where things would look suitable, ..so what is my challenger saying? that men have an inferior role because to my knowledge it seems to go both ways, yet there is another perfect example of minor discrimination by saying " women can deal with the colour style, because women cant deal with the prone of electrical stuff etc"

I do agree that men and women have different, sexual, emotional and physical awareness, yet my arguement is that women have been degraded , into believing that they fit into the mens genres of sexual tendencies , that the perfect perception of a man to a women is almost as exact of theirs.

Overall i believe that men are strucutred more biologically, and can be seen as " protectors" " stronger" etc, but i still believe women are undermined in this, and are raked as seen as " cleaners" housewifes" the more domestical aspects
and this is a common statistic.

I ask my opponent this, your examples of women bieng inferior is saying that men endure more discrimination? ( due to his examples and statements)

In conclusion i do not think women should be treated in all things, it should go both ways, women should be able to dress act, be the way they want without thinking they pay a role of bieng this & that , men and women are obviously gonna fall into different sectors of strenth, but my main arguement is that women should have the rights to be not seen as " vunerable" and be more known for what they can do domestically.
Cerebral_Narcissist

Con

Thank you for your response.

"My opponent goes on to say, that in a modest way she* went into work wearing a long skirt, and still recieved negative and ridiculed attention, Im not denying that dressing this way does not get negative attention, my whole arguement is based on women that dress sexy are endured to deragotory perceptions and a more complexed Judgement."

*He

The point I was making is that women are able to dress in male styles, female styles or provocative styles without negative reaction. Men are not. This contradicts part of my opponents case that women are in this regards the victim of negative discrimination.

My opponent states,
"Yes the media does exploit the fact that promiscuity is a way forward for women, but they dont state " sleep with 6 men and be popular and congratualted by your girlfriends" Some megazines teaches women to have a sexy style, they enduse women to for eg: Try different sex techniques , etc , Reality tv processes these negative views , for eg I read a story where a women was seen giving head to a footballer, and was slashed all over tv,and bieng branded a " slag" whore" etc, this is a perfect example for unfair judgement the media seeks this out, whereas the footballer was not as much ridiculed for cheating on his girfriend!"

However teenage girl magazines carry such articles as 'position of the month', the popular TV series and film 'Sex in the City' actively glorifies female promiscuity and adultery. Though I do accept the above story it can also be observed that the woman in question would be able to launch a career as a celebrity on the basis of the scandal. Observe the situation of Rebecca Loos who claimed to have slept with David Beckham and sold her story for fame and money. Though the media may sometimes condemn such people it also glorifies them and gives them praise. Why is Jodie Marsh famous, why is Jordan famous?

Women are actively encouraged and rewarded for sexual promiscuity, which now incurs for them very little stigma or discrimination. How many men can established careers based on such deeds?

"women are seen as week " More scared stressed out" whereas statistically women are more emotionally balanced, and structured than men."

What statistics show this?

"Can you elaborate further?, Advertsiing usually involves men as potrayed as " all mighty" and a women weak at the knees, for eg: The lynks advert, where is shows a women "fall in love with a guy" for wearng the deodrant this projects a shallow and typical perception of women."

That is true, however the lynx adverts are 'tongue in cheek' and are outnumbered by the ones perpetuating a negative stereotype of men.

I have been unable to find links, however does my opponent recall the Fosters Beer Advert where the woman pours beer throughout her house so that the man licks it all up and in doing cleans the dirty household services.

Naturally we recognise this as a silly joke, if the gender roles were reversed and say the beer was replaced by chocolate sauce it would never be aired.

There are numerous advertising scenarios were a man is defeated by simply tasks, be it shopping, cleaning, cooking, driving or finding cheaper car insurance before being 'put right' by a wife or girlfriend.

"Overall i believe that men are strucutred more biologically, and can be seen as " protectors" " stronger" etc, but i still believe women are undermined in this, and are raked as seen as " cleaners" housewifes" the more domestical aspects
and this is a common statistic."

It is true that there are more 'stay at home mothers' than there are house husbands. However we now live in an age of transparent employment practices and were relationships are on an equal basis. Is it not the case that more women than men choose to remain at home? Especially considering that when raising children the role of a mother is considered, by men and women to be more important than the role of a father?

"In conclusion i do not think women should be treated in all things, it should go both ways, women should be able to dress act, be the way they want without thinking they pay a role of bieng this & that , men and women are obviously gonna fall into different sectors of strenth, but my main arguement is that women should have the rights to be not seen as " vunerable" and be more known for what they can do domestically."

My counter-argument I believe has shown that in a number of key areas men are subjected to greater discrimination than women are, also that it can not be declared that both genders must be considered equal in all things as there are so many differences between men and women.
Meganrihanne1992x

Pro

Meganrihanne1992x forfeited this round.
Cerebral_Narcissist

Con

Cerebral_Narcissist forfeited this round.
Posted by Charliemouse 2 years ago
Charliemouse
women these days are way out of line and out of hand. the basic family structure has been corrupted and destroyed because women brought in their share of rules and lines of thought. I am a woman but I would be more than happy to live in the 1700s when women were treated like fragile, lovely things as well as mothers and housewives because that is what women are. and if someone has a different opinion then that's fine but this is fact, because the world was a better place when men decided without a woman yapping by their ear the whole time. my point, women brought in abortion (the murder of innocent babies) and prostitution, as well as a whole lot more dirt. its sad but also true that women should be kept on a short leash. that's all
Posted by Cerebral_Narcissist 7 years ago
Cerebral_Narcissist
I'd forgotten all about this debate, can't remember why I missed the last round. How on earth am I loosing it!
Posted by True2GaGa 7 years ago
True2GaGa
Vote Placed by Yvette 6 years ago
Yvette
Meganrihanne1992xCerebral_NarcissistTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 6 years ago
Maikuru
Vote Placed by True2GaGa 7 years ago
True2GaGa