Mockery
sakskidz

Wonder Woman is the best Female Super Hero

Mockery

Mockery

Pro

Wonder Woman is one of the best female superheroes ever created.

She has come a long way since her creation in 1942. Not only has she starred in various comics, but she also had her own show starring Lynda Carter and was a main character in the Justice League animated series. It's only a matter of time before she gets her own movie.

She has stood the test of the time and she will continue to do so.
sakskidz

Con

first of all you said 'Wonder Woman is ONE OF THE BEST female superheroes ever created". Key words one of the best , pick is Phoenix.

Powers and Abilities: Phoenix possess infinite telepathic and telekinetic powers. It is unknown as to the extent of her abilities. As Jean Grey, she has demonstrated the ability to read minds, project thoughts into the minds of others, astral travel, manipulate objects, generate force fields and stimulate heat molecules to generate blasts.

Why she rocks? When Jean becomes the persona "Phoenix," she is debatably the most powerful superhero in existence.
Mockery

Pro

Thanks for accepting this debate!

However, I am going to have to disagree with you.

Unlike Wonder Woman, Phoenix hasn't left an impact on the world. Not only is Wonder Woman an influential comic character, she is also a feminist icon. She represents the idea that a woman can be still and still be lady like. She is kind and gentle when she needs to be and protects those who need to be protected.

Phoenix on the other hand is usually seen as a villain and as Jean Grey, she is an extremely week character.
sakskidz

Con

well if Wonder Woman has left such a big impact that why hasn't she had her own movie yet.
Mockery

Pro

First, she has an animated movie.

Secondly, the reason she hasn't had a movie is because the media is afraid of loosing money. There are many people who thought that if a the main character of a movie is a woman, people will not go to see it. However, with the sucess of Brave and Hunger Games, they have been proven wrong.

Third, not only did Wonder Woman make a huge impact in comic books, she has been the subject of many books like Wonder Women: Feminisms and Superheroes by Lillian Robinson.

You're really gonna have to try harder
sakskidz

Con

Let's see Elektra, Catwoman, supergirl, tank girl, barb wire. I don't care if these movies were there's still been a lot of female superhero movies so maybe the reason wonder woman doesn't have a live action movie is because she's not that good of a superhero
Mockery

Pro

Again, you come to the fact that she hasn't had a movie!

Those movies didn't do well because they were badly scripted. Wonder Woman will get her movie in due time.

Wonder Woman has been around for a long time and she will remain a constant icon. She's a great female character for little girls to look up too. She can hold her own against Batman and Superman. She is one of the key members of the Justice League! Just because she doesn't have a movie doesn't make her less important
sakskidz

Con

I don't see any facts that you bring up she may be your favorite superhero but that's all opinion
Posted by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
I was a little afraid this debate would not be well organized--I can't rightly explain why.

Whatever caused me to think that, I was pleasantly surprised to see Pro making an opening case which supported her contention, and that wasn't simply "I love her she's the best!!11!!1!"

Con chose to attempt to rebut on the "Wonder Woman doesn't have a movie" argument. Pro effectively refuted it, but Con elected to simply repeat himself, this time by giving a list of heroines who have had movies. He never supported why this made any of them better than Wonder Woman.

A note to Pro: WW got 2 TV movies. Though your rebuttal was just fine on its own, I thought it worth noting for you.

Con's S&G left a great deal to be desired, while Pro did a fine job.

I was tempted to give conduct to Pro, too--Con's scattershot of heroines and attempt at repetitious hand-waving grated on me, but I thought that was a big harsh.

Nobody sourced. Though it wasn't strictly necessary, Pro, I think your argument could have been even better with some sourcing. Con, unfortunately you didn't really make a solid case, so I can't say yours would have. If you really feel as though simply having a movie makes a heroine "better", you have to provide a case for that.
Posted by sakskidz 3 years ago
sakskidz
oh and the reason i typed i dont care if these movies were and i didnt didnt say they were awful is because i didnt want to offend anyone that liked those movies
Posted by JimmyRusltler 3 years ago
JimmyRusltler
Cat woman is the best superhero because she was played by Hale Berry in one of her movies and she is smokin. YOUR FURTHER ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID
Posted by MattsDebate 3 years ago
MattsDebate
I would base my argument on the fact that Cat Woman is hotter than Wonder Woman. In-fact, Wonder Woman isn't hot. Your argument of her being the 'BEST' is invalid.
Vote Placed by MysticEgg 3 years ago
MysticEgg
MockerysakskidzTied
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting, light-hearted debate. The motion was actually unprovable so I have no opinion on it. Conduct was fine. Spelling and grammar were OK, but there were a couple of mistakes (spelling for Pro, grammar for Con) on both sides. It shall remain tied. Arguments to Pro, because she gave reasons and outlined thought trains, whereas Con kept coming back to this "if good=movie" point, which is ridiculous, because it implies that nothing good was ever written before films were invented. No sources were given, therefore, sources tied. Interesting debate, guys.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
MockerysakskidzTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.
Vote Placed by Stonewall 3 years ago
Stonewall
MockerysakskidzTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con won on superpowers, Pro on impact and such. It was a pretty even debate, but Pro made more of an effort.