Ishida52134
philosphical

Wonderking is good!

Con Tied Pro

Ishida52134

Con

Let's see how anyone can prove that wonderking is good (lol).
philosphical

Pro

Wonderking doesn't exist on this site. I have thoroughly checked plenty of times, and I can assure you he is not on this site.

Wonderking: Non-existant, so presumed imaginary in this debate.

Good:
1. morally excellent; virtuous; righteous; pious: a good man.
2. satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
3. of high quality; excellent.
4. right; proper; fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.

http://dictionary.reference.com...

A1: Wonderking is good.

The individual un-known as "wonderking" has not done anything that I know of to be be bad. Every human being starts out innocene, or "good" as my opponent phrased it.
So if, Wonderking is non-existant, and has still yet to come out of his innocent stage and do harm, then he cannot possibly be bad. In this sense, Wonderking could in every way shape or form, be good.

Resolution debated.

Thanks,
Philosophical.
Ishida52134

Con

Wonderking is a game. http://wonderking.ndoorsgames.com...
Maybe if you read the genre you would know that it is entertainment.
philosphical

Pro

Maybe if you would have explained in your first round what wonderking is, then I would have had a better understanding as to the topic of debate.

Well anyways, keeping the previous definitions, i will begin my argument.

A1: Wonderking the game, has thousands of players on daily. While my opponent may not think the game is fun, his opinion on the game is rather useless.
Obviously if thousands of players think it is a fun game, and while you do not, that does not make it bad or harmful.

Resolution debated.
Ishida52134

Con

and "obviously" this debate is about the majority of opinions, not one single opinion. If that was the case, then millions of the debates on this site would be of no use eh? And "obviously", you got your information as a secondary source, so I can tell you, from my own personal experience (primary source), that wonderking lacks many, many things. Its graphics is horrible, classes are totally unbalanced, and it look way too much like a console game from gameboy. If you researched more, you would find millions of maplestory veterans disliking this game and many other people. Furthermore, just because thousands of people play this game doesn't mean it is good. Many people go to try out this game.
philosphical

Pro

Opinion require evidence to back them up though. I used Evidence to back up that wonderking is played by thousands.

While my opponent may think wonderking is bad, in essence, if so many play it, it must be good.

Most internet games haves bad graphics, that's just the way it is.

My opponents goal in this debate is to show me how this internet game is "bad".
Apparently this game must be good, because it is so commonly played by many.

Bad meaning detrimental to society, or generally harmful, how is this game "bad", besides your opinion of its gameplay?

How does this game make anyones life worse, and adversely affect them?

This game has not been forced upon us, and is only played when we click the site. So I fail to see how this game is hamrful to society.

thankyou,
-philosophical
Ishida52134

Con

First off, the only argument you have here is that wonderking have thousands of players. Also, all debates start from opinions. If they were based on fact, then there's no point in a debate, eh? Second, thousands of players compared to millions of players in maplestory is just bs. I can find many forums bout how wonderking is a plain rip off of nexon's maplestory and how many players dislike it. Furthermore, I really have to disagree with you at how computer games are supposed to have bad graphics. Instead of researching flash games, maybe you should look at some popular mmorpgs. Look at WoW and Guild Wars, their graphics are like god compared to wonderking. Even grand chase and maplesotry have better grahpics than wonderking. Also, the gameplay is horrible. The classes are horribly unbalanced. Finally, maplestory has more freedom and more variety to it. Wonderking does not have any real party quests, and the only way to level is to grind on monsters or do pointless quests. Although many say that it is easy to level in wonderking, there is no point in getting to a high level in one week since you didn't place any effort into it.
philosphical

Pro

MY OPPONENT: "First off, the only argument you have here is that wonderking have thousands of players."

No, my argument was that t he game MUST be good if thousands of player play it. If there are many who like it, then it essence it must be good. I don't see how you don't understand how this argument is invalid to you.

MY OPPONENT: "Also, all debates start from opinions. If they were based on fact, then there's no point in a debate, eh?"

Of course all debates are started in opinions. In your opinion Wonderking isn't a good game. But the purpose of this debate isn't just for you to prove that 'in your opinion wonderking isn't a good game'. Its to find fact based evidence on how Wonderking isn't a good game for not just yout for the society of online gamers as well. I understand well that you don not think this is a good game. You job in this debate however, is to show me how this game is bad, or detrimental to society, or in the case of your examples, how this game is any worse than others.

MY OPPONENT: "Second, thousands of players compared to millions of players in maplestory is just bs. I can find many forums bout how wonderking is a plain rip off of nexon's maplestory and how many players dislike it."

While maplestory may be a better game, that doesn't at all prove that Wonderking is bad. Wonderking is has not harmed any individual, and has not done anything considered immoral or wrong. Thus it cannot be good. What wonderking does it provide fun and entertainment for young children, and while older fifteen year old males like yourself don't see it as a neccisarily "fun" game, it has not contributed any negative behavior on a societal level.
I think your aim was instead of "Wonderking is good", was actually "Wonderking is fun".
And while there are players who dis-like it, there are probably just as many, if not more who actually do like it.

MY OPPONENT: "Instead of researching flash games, maybe you should look at some popular mmorpgs. Look at WoW and Guild Wars, their graphics are like god compared to wonderking"

Wonderking is an online video game on the internet. World of warcraft is one you must buy, same with guild wars. Obviously games purchased, have had more up close work on them. Games like these couldn't jsut be published on the internet and used for free. I am talking about with other free online other rpg games, you will never have great quality in games.
But again, other games dominating this one, does not prove in anyway whatsoever, that wonderking, is in fact bad. Now if you phrased this debate "World of warcraft is a better game than Wonderking", then maybe this argument would be valid.

MY OPPONENT: " Wonderking does not have any real party quests, and the only way to level is to grind on monsters or do pointless quests. Although many say that it is easy to level in wonderking, there is no point in getting to a high level in one week since you didn't place any effort into it."

Alot of people enjoy the easier stuff, and while Wondeking may be fairly simple, people like that. This game is meant for 2nd graders +. It's designed to be fairly simple in nature, and for the main populous of people who play it, can't do some of the harder quest on the more mature online games. Wonderking, is supposed to be more laid back and simple because it was built for more of that type of generalized aged players.

CONCLUSION: While Wonderking may not be fun to all people, the game is still fun for a vast number of kids. The title of this debate is "Wonderking is good". This means my opponent must prove that this debate is not good, or bad. The phrase "Good" Goes more on morality measures than, fun, which is where my opponent may have been confused. While this game may not be the best in the world, it provides entertainment for many children, thus making it good.
This game has not caused havoc, or done crime, or anything that would make it be considered bad.
With that said, I've pretty much debated the resolution to its full and true extent.

Thankyou, I shall await for my oppoenents response.

-philosophical
Ishida52134

Con

You're seriously kidding right? Dude, everything on earth is based on comparisons. For example, if there was a guy that had 50 IQ and another with 150 IQ, you would say that the guy with the 50IQ was retarded compare to the other person. If there weren't any people to compare it to, then what would the guy with 50 IQ be called? Same with Wonderking and the other games. Wonderking, I am positive does not have thousands of players, since it has only 2 servers and you probably did not even play it at all. And not just compared to maplestory, but many many other games, they have millions of players. And as for your response to my questioning of Wonderking having a limited choice of leveling, mature party quests? Really? Let's see, in maplestory, there are jump quests, quests where you have to collect certain amounts of items, and even better, party quests, where you can team up with your friends and go through a set maze or dungeon until you reach the boss. Yes and that is very mature right? (sarcasm) Next, you ARE basing your argument only on the fact that Wonderking has thousands of players therefore it must be god which makes no sense whatsoever. How do you know that every single person in that game likes it and finds it fun? Maybe some join it just to chat with their friends? And still others can play it just to try it out? Finally, fine, I won't use WoW nor Guild Wars since apparently you know nothing about any other games that have thousand times the quality of Wonderking's crappy graphics. As an example, you can look at Combat Arms ( don't worry its free). Its quality is more or less the same as Call of Duty, and if not, definitely better than Wonderking. You can also go on gameogre.com to find more games that have better graphics. Furthermore, Wonderking is exactly the same as the horrible graphics that were on gameboy advances years earlier. What's the point of paying a retarded game that looks exactly like an ancient console game when you can play much better graphics?
philosphical

Pro

MY OPPONENT: "Dude, everything on earth is based on comparisons. For example, if there was a guy that had 50 IQ and another with 150 IQ, you would say that the guy with the 50IQ was retarded compare to the other person. If there weren't any people to compare it to, then what would the guy with 50 IQ be called? Same with Wonderking and the other games"

The thing is that this debate has nothing to do with comparisons of games. This debate is simply about whether wonderking is good or bad. Comparing the quality of other games in no way proves that this game is bad. Bad meaning harmful, detrimental to society, criminal related, immoral, etc. If you were trying to compare this game with others, than you should have labeled this debate "Wonderking is better than maplestory" or something. Be careful of the way you phrase the debate, and also clarify what the debate is in your opening argument.

MY OPPONENT: "Wonderking, I am positive does not have thousands of players, since it has only 2 servers and you probably did not even play it at all. And not just compared to maplestory, but many many other games, they have millions of players."

You seem to be talking in circles, as to your only argument is that There are other games that are better. I have never denied that this whole debate. Yes their are games that rule in comparison this one. But this is not what this debate is about, my friend. Make sure you are specific, again, as to how you phrase your topic. However, the fact is that there are alot of people who play wonderking, and it provides entertainment to alot if individuals, and while it may not be good in particularity to you, there are still kids who like, and play it. So the number of players who play it is irrelevant, and so i the number of players who play other games. While this game still provides entertainment for alot of kids, it cannot possibly be classified as "bad", or "not good".

OPPONENT: "And as for your response to my questioning of Wonderking having a limited choice of leveling, mature party quests? Really?"

I have not played this game, and as pro, it is not my job to play this game. Its features in the game are useless to me, so long as there are people who play it, which shows that it provides entertainment, and it is indeed good. I could carelss about it's "crappy" quests and such, because it does not pertain to this debate.

MY OPPONENT: " Let's see, in maplestory, there are jump quests, quests where you have to collect certain amounts of items, and even better, party quests, where you can team up with your friends and go through a set maze or dungeon until you reach the boss. Yes and that is very mature right? (sarcasm)"

To sum it all up, I don't care. It does not make Wonderking bad. I have waited this whole debate for you to tell me how wonderking is detrimental, and have't heard the answer once.

MY OPPONENT:" Next, you ARE basing your argument only on the fact that Wonderking has thousands of players therefore it must be god which makes no sense whatsoever. How do you know that every single person in that game likes it and finds it fun? Maybe some join it just to chat with their friends? And still others can play it just to try it out?"

Ok I don't care why they play it, the fact is that they do play it. Meaning there are peopel who like it. How do you know that they play it just to chat with friends? That argument was kind of pointless.

MY OPPONENT: "? Finally, fine, I won't use WoW nor Guild Wars since apparently you know nothing about any other games that have thousand times the quality of Wonderking's crappy graphics. As an example, you can look at Combat Arms ( don't worry its free). Its quality is more or less the same as Call of Duty, and if not, definitely better than Wonderking. You can also go on gameogre.com to find more games that have better graphics. Furthermore, Wonderking is exactly the same as the horrible graphics that were on gameboy advances years earlier. What's the point of paying a retarded game that looks exactly like an ancient console game when you can play much better graphics?"

I am not sure if its worth arguing this, since I've said the same thing like fifty times already.

So to conclude, I want you all to know that the quality of the game is irrelevant because there are still alot of kids who play it. The fact that there are other games that are better, has nothing to do with whether this game is bad. The resolution wasn't comparing this game.
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
there is no wonderking. haha
Posted by Ore_Ele 7 years ago
Ore_Ele
who is wonderking?
Vote Placed by Equinox 7 years ago
Equinox
Ishida52134philosphicalTied
Vote Placed by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
Ishida52134philosphicalTied
Vote Placed by ThebigB 7 years ago
ThebigB
Ishida52134philosphicalTied
Vote Placed by Grape 7 years ago
Grape
Ishida52134philosphicalTied