FanboyMctroll
PowerPikachu21

Work is for slaves and overachievers

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 3 days ago Status: Voting Period

FanboyMctroll

Pro

For thousands of years work has always been performed by slaves or overachievers that just love to go to work because they have nothing else in their lives, no hobbies, no interests so work is the only thing they know.

Work is a redundant task that your boss doesn't want to do so he has you do it for the rest of your life or until you find another job doing another redundant task. Slaves need to do it to eat and survive and overachievers do it because they have nothing else in their lives and without it they would not survive without boredom. (pathetic)

I say work is just a waste of time, there are so many things in the world to do and see who has time for work, I want to travel more, read good books, visit family more, hang with friends more, let the slaves and overachievers run the economy
PowerPikachu21

Con

I'll have to object. First, how would work be for overachievers, but not regular achievers? Second, we need work to keep our society standing. We need workers to build houses for people. We need teachers to work to educate the young. We need Donald Trump to work so society stands!
FanboyMctroll

Pro

Work is for people who have no lives outside of it, no hobbies, no interests, no bigger dreams. Unfortunately most people need to eat and have shelter and all the other basic necessities of life so they have to be slaves to their jobs. How many people actually enjoy their jobs, 10%?? maybe, and those 10% are the overachievers. Are you seriously going to tell me you would rather get up early out of bed and go to work rather then spend a nice morning with your family, maybe go for a nice drive, play some sports, travel, pick up a new hobby, maybe tinker around in your wood shop or work on an old car, or just go hang out with friends, maybe see a movie, do some shopping, or just sit back in the backyard and read a good book.

Only overachievers go to work because they have nothing better in their lives, and can't spare a minute to sit back and actually enjoy their lives, smell the fresh air, that's ok they are usually dead early, Just look at Steve Jobs, serious overachiever, where is he now?

Ya Ya you are going to say how is society going to function without people working, I will let the overachievers worry about that, while I sit with my umbrella drink in Bora Bora
PowerPikachu21

Con

Sorry for my inactivity. Let's get into rebuttals.

Rebuttal:

"Work is for people who have no lives outside of it, no hobbies, no interests, no bigger dreams."

Well, people work so they get money, so they can pay electrical bills, so they can own a house. Money also allows you to buy food.

"Unfortunately most people need to eat and have shelter and all the other basic necessities of life so they have to be slaves to their jobs."

A slave is defined as someone who is forced to work, and 0 payment is achieved. Are you saying my father doesn't get payed? He does get payed.

"How many people actually enjoy their jobs, 10%?? maybe, and those 10% are the overachievers."

What are they over achieving, life? In this world, there's no such thing as too much money, which "makes the world go round" as they say.

"Are you seriously going to tell me you would rather get up early out of bed and go to work rather then spend a nice morning with your family, maybe go for a nice drive..."

Clearly, Pro is under the age of 21 (not meant as an insult). He does not know how cruel life is.

"Only overachievers go to work because they have nothing better in their lives, and can't spare a minute to sit back and actually enjoy their lives"

Well, maybe they do enjoy life. Farms are peaceful, and I bet the farmers enjoy the fresh air, and fresh corn.

"that's ok they are usually dead early, Just look at Steve Jobs, serious overachiever, where is he now?"

Steve Jobs died at a happy 56 years old: https://en.wikipedia.org... call that early? I call that on time.

True Question;

"Ya Ya you are going to say how is society going to function without people working, I will let the overachievers worry about that, while I sit with my umbrella drink in Bora Bora"

So how's the beach? Also, where'd you get the drink? Well, I should say "How's the court cases going", seeing as you're of the legal profession.

Argument:

Sometimes, you mustn't only refute the opponent's case. The best option is to see why people work. The resolution is "Work is for slaves and overachievers", and this is all it states. Pro means work is only for overachievers and slaves. But... why? Why do the "overachievers" work? Why did slaves exist?

Money is Everything:

First, we work so we can live. Doing your job results in you getting paid in cash; money. You need the money to buy food, water, and bills for a shelter. Which would you prefer: standing on the streets, where cars are everywhere, or you having a house, a car, and a TV? Money is important.

Working for a cause:

That's not all, however. We work so that humanity can thrive, not just econimically. Farmers work to get food (Food Factories as well). Without farms or food factories, how do we eat? Construction workers make houses for people to live in, they make factories where food is processed and rid of bacteria. Without construction workers, where exactly would we live, and why should we be forced to eat raw meat (not healthy). Scientists and Doctors work to cure diseases. Without them, we'd die of infections and poisons. Police work to catch criminals. Without them, we'd be free to kill whoever.

My opponent does not know what life consists of. This isn't Equestria, and we don't have magical princesses to do things. This isn't a world without crisis. This isn't Pokemon, where humans don't have to do anything, letting electric mice and muscular humanoids work.

Life. Is. Evil. Get out of that beach, and go catch some assassins. Or thieves. Whichever is fine with you.
FanboyMctroll

Pro

I'm sitting in a shay lounge chair by the ocean on a white sand beach reiterating my point. Work is for slaves or overachievers and I'm neither. I'm fortunate enough to be financially sound so I don't have to be someone's slave, I don't need to police the roads, or fight fires or more likely sit in some cubicle staring at a screen for 8 hours a day. People choose different careers because, yes they need to eat and pay their bills and to survive, which in turn sounds like slavery to me, with the exception of getting paid, sure they get paid but it's never enough, people always complain about their salaries and not having enough to buy the things they need, just enough to get by, sounds like slavery to me.

Then there are the overachievers who go out and make tons of money because they can't stop for a second to smell the roses, they need to keep working and working to move up for status and power, real overachievers!!

I believe there is more to life then work. I'm not going to be someone's slave for minimum wage, or someone's bitch to keep a job so I can pay the rent/mortgage or buy food. We will always have overachievers, thousands are born everyday, they can go right ahead and keep overachieving in the work force and bossing the slaves around for their meager wage, just enough to eat so you can keep working. No thanks that's not for me.

I'm traveling, getting a nice tan, eating well in nice restaurants while the slave waiter and waitress serve me hoping I tip them well because their slave wage is barely paying the bills at home, and watching the overachiever manager running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to make sure all patrons are seated and everything is satisfactory. Life is great when you are free of slavery and not an overachiever, not a care in the world, the world is only dark and grave for the slaves. I'm free from work and I could care less about it, I'm living the dream
PowerPikachu21

Con

My opponent has kind of dropped my main point; that without work, society wouldn't be able to stand, let alone exist. We have rights now, and slavery is illegal. But let's compare the average worker to an african american slave:

Worker:

- Has a house, and maybe a family
- Yelled at a few times, but work is overall good
- Has no chains to keep them down
- Other than work, life is good
- Can get promoted, earning them more money

Slave:

- Usually lives near, or even at, the work area
- If they do have a family, they're either also slaves, or far away
- Gets abused, both verbally and phycisally
- Does have chains, makes them frown
- Has to work almost constantly, and life is terrible
- They don't get paid, and ranks don't exist

As you can see, we don't have the description of the Slave in our work force (maybe if you're a prisoner forced to do community service, then maybe). I got the information from what I recall, and believe. Keep in mind my opponent has no citations either, and it's mostly his opinion. I'll go ahead and talk about my argument vs Pro's.

Rebuttal:

Examining his argument:

Judging by his statements, I don't think Pro actually has a job. If he does have a job, it must be a lifeguard around people who don't drown. The argument consists of overgeneralizing Spongebob's life. This isn't Bikini Bottom, and we aren't magical bathroom sponges whose lives are jellyfish catching and burgers. That's not what life is.

How much is the ecomony?

However, in round 1, he did say "let the slaves run the ecomony". But, as I've shown above, these aren't slaves. And are there overachievers? What are they overachieving, anyways? Debate isn't so much a chat, it's more like proving your opponent wrong.

Argument:

What have I posted, though? I've used logic to show that work is needed in society. Doctors cure illness, cops take down criminals, lifeguards save people from drowning, and lazy bums need to get their buttoxes up and make some money! I highly suggest purchasing the Nintendo Switch when it comes out, as well as Marvel vs Capcom 4. Great stuff you're missing out on. (I guess I should make that argument. As well as needing money, you can buy fun things.)

Conclusion:

My opponent's argument conists of uncited generalizations. My arguments consist of (uncited) logical conclusions based off of the world around me, as well as mentioning video games. I personally think my arguments were made better, but ultimately, it's the voter's decision. Who did you think had the better arguments?

Also, you should check out Super Smash Bros. I wish Amaterasu gets in the 5th one!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 week ago
PowerPikachu21
Well said, vi_spex.
Posted by vi_spex 1 week ago
vi_spex
possibly
Posted by vi_spex 1 week ago
vi_spex
he dosnt necessarily do it for money, he is already rich based on certain knowledge skills he has acquired through the years
Posted by FanboyMctroll 1 week ago
FanboyMctroll
Master librarian is that a slave or overachiever?
Posted by vi_spex 1 week ago
vi_spex
the master librarian
Posted by vi_spex 1 week ago
vi_spex
some librarians like things to be in order