bobbylewin
d4n_13

Working women

bobbylewin

bobbylewin

Con

It is of my opinion that the womens rights movement did more harm then good.
d4n_13

Pro

The Women's Rights Movement in the US has lead to many positive effects on society. Women are now free from their shackles and that does lead to a happy society. I will not go into the economical effects for the moment because ultimately the excellence of the Women's Rights Movement is that it brings happiness. Over 50% of the US population is women and it would have to be a monumental amount of harm that the Women's Rights Movement has caused to balance out the good.
bobbylewin

Con

Women should have the right to vote. Any citizen in our nation should have that right. Although as far as leaving the home and bombarding the workplace I believe has been a large contributing factor to our economical problems and the demise of many a good men. I don't believe women were in shackles to be expected to take on the same role they have since the beginning of time. Men continued to hunt and be gatherers without complaint. We have gone against the natural order of things and inadvertently robbed men of there self worth. I hardly think that microwavable meals and children in day care is progress. I hardly think disconnecting women from the need of a man is progress. Over time the very core of a man has become weakened. Not needed to protect nor provide. The only real need our nation of women has for us is fertility purposes. These days a lot of men are called lazy or unreliable. I think its time for the ladies to stop pointing there finger in disgust and start taking some responsibility for the outcome of there actions. You could have your Knight in shining armor. As soon as your factory finishes making the armor?? Progress??? Not to me and 10 million jobless men.
d4n_13

Pro

d4n_13 forfeited this round.
bobbylewin

Con

The fAs a mother, of two very young children (and 7 month old a 22 month old to be exact) I consider myself to have a job. My job is to raise two healthy, happy independent people. My children are not just babies to me. They are people I'm shaping, and preparing for this world. What you do while your children are in your home effects them when they're out of of your home. When did being a stay at home mother become some kind of a let down for women in the eyes of society? The aptitude of a female isn't only calculated by the high profile jobs we hold. It's in the way we revere ourselves, mentally nurture ourselves, and those around us. Especially our children.

Stay at home mother's keep the environment in which children grow up in nice (or at least they should), and create a since of consistency and safety. Not that a mother that works does not, please don't take any of what I'm saying a down to working mothers! Take my situation: my husband is a marine, and is often gone for long period's of time. I try to make things as smooth, and normal as I possibly can for my children.

Even though stay at home mother's don't earn money(although some do), they still contribute in keeping the household healthy, wonderful and functioning. There aren't very many things I can think of that are more important than actually shaping a person, and making their lives good and readying them for the world.

During the day, I clean, feed 3 meals a day and snacks, breat feed my youngest, give naps, change two sets of diapers,baths when needed (which is frequent with a toddler) go to the park, work on the alphabet, and numbers, play with both trying to make each feel loved and not jealous of the other, Cook dinner, get everyone ready for bed, read a story, then go to bed untill the youngest wakes up for another feeding. That's when there's no Doctor's visits, trips to the store, or anything else to do. You'll hear no complaints from me, I LOVE what I do, but don't think stay at home moms sit at home and watch soaps! Everything I do, I try to do well. It just so happens I'm a stay at home mom. This to me is important, and should be revered as such.ollowing was posted on this site by a stay at home mother named Candice.

Me again. My point is why fix something that wasn't broke? Whats so unappealing about holding down the fort? It all started during World War II when the women had to take on the male roles why they were at war. Now that the men have come home why do the women not wish to follow?
d4n_13

Pro

d4n_13 forfeited this round.
Posted by PlumberGirl123 3 years ago
PlumberGirl123
there is nothing wrong with women in the workplace!! FOR THE BASTARDS WHO THINK WOMEN SHOULD STAY AT HOME SHACKLED TO THE KITCHEN, YOU CAN GO F*CK YOURSELF!! why dont you stay at home all day for a year and then you can come back to me and tell me how bored you are! Women are not slaves nor sex slaves. Womens independence is great and gives women hope. We have done so many good things. DONT YOU DARE BLAME US FOR YOUR JOB LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS NOT OUR FAULT THAT YOU ARE A COMPLETE LOSER AND NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO KEEP YOUR JOB!!!!!!!! CLEARLY US WOMEN WERE BETTER AT YOUR JON THAN YOU WERE, SO THATS YOU F*CKING FAULT, NOT OURS!!! staying at home means you are leeching off of someone else to pay for you. We can take care of ourselves. we dont need someone else to pay for us....stupid bastards...this isnt the 1920's. -_-
Posted by Lordgrae 3 years ago
Lordgrae
Sooo.... What if a man stays at home, and the wife works? Is that so bad? Will the world just end right now if that happens? Or hat if the husband dies? Our current system could allow women who got the education to get a job, and support themselves or possibly kids. If women couldn't get into the workplace, then women would have no power in a divorce, because she could not become financially stable on her own, and widows would be left in the streets to go broke.
Posted by bobbylewin 3 years ago
bobbylewin
Gdawg! Shizzle dizzle! Are you stalking me? Kinda creepy. So what sounds stupid about a mother being home to teach and prepare her children?(please don't answer that). I accept your insult and apologize if I sound "stupid". Just bouncing some ideas around. Would you like a graph or something? Anyways I don't think I sound stupid, I think your face sounds stupid! Shizzle dizzle! Stupid face!
Posted by GDawg 3 years ago
GDawg
Lol, I think pro won this because, cons position sounds so stupid already that he doesn't need a rebuttal.
Posted by bobbylewin 3 years ago
bobbylewin
The beginning of my argument did not show up but stated that I had copied and pasted from a mother on this site.
Posted by brant.merrell 3 years ago
brant.merrell
Premise: a previous statement or proposition from which another is inferred or follows as a conclusion.

"The abuse did harm, but the premise was promising"? Dafuq is that supposed to mean?
Posted by bobbylewin 3 years ago
bobbylewin
My intention is not to so much to debate womens rights. I believe we all deserve equal rights. My debate is that the overwhelming amount of women coming into the work place has caused more harm then good.
Posted by simpleman 4 years ago
simpleman
We must learn not to judge things by their abuses. The abuses did harm, but the premise was promising.
Posted by leandro.sanchez 4 years ago
leandro.sanchez
what is this debatte about what are we debatting.
Vote Placed by brant.merrell 3 years ago
brant.merrell
bobbylewind4n_13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited twice, that is awful conduct.
Vote Placed by funwiththoughts 3 years ago
funwiththoughts
bobbylewind4n_13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.