TheResheimRises
RowanM

World Domination

RowanM

TheResheimRises

Pro

So i wish to know how you think of World Domination. I have thought about all of the negative effects of one man in power. But what about this: A leadership ruled by one leader who is elected without secret scams, secret police, threats, and with the honest, unthreatened opinions. That leader serves for life and cannot just start killing the people for enjoyment. No more wars, conflicts resolved in debates instead of violence, and everyone working together for a better human race.The peoples views, beliefs, and ideas are their own and uninfluenced. Then when that ruler dies a new leader is elected and the cycle repeats. The human race would be better if we worked together without violence, starvation, secrets, lies, and scams.
RowanM

Con

I'd like to start the debate with asking pro how he's going to achieve this starting from the current situation we're in.
TheResheimRises

Pro

If I was going to accomplish this, I would first ally myself with with the leading countries of the world. Then I would launch a political campaign. I would listen to what the people want. Ex: New jobs, better economy, etc. So then I wouldn't promise anything, unlike other political leaders. Then if all went well, I would win the hearts of the people. Then I would slowly move "friends" into the ruling countries government. Then I would have control of that government. So I would slowly repeat this cycle several times. then I would have others who follow me do the same in other countries. Then when I have control of the countries that were very co-operational, I would move for the others. I would move to more". extreme measures. No, very persuasive measures. Then if they don't cooperate with that then I will forcefully take over. Then when that's over I will start to reform the economies and start to address the major issues in the united world.
RowanM

Con

Please give more detail. How do you start off? As a politican? A king? Which country? How do you plan to ally yourself with other countries? How do you plan on moving friends into other governments? How do you expect to bypass the parliament and democracy in general? How do you plan on making sure your friends don't backstab you if they have enough power? How do you think you can do all of this and not alert other countries of your conquest (especially since ww2)? How do you plan on sieging countries succesfully?
And finally, how are you planning on restoring the world when there's no free market?
TheResheimRises

Pro

I would start off as a politician in the United States. I would attempt to go for the position of the president. Then I would earn the trust of the people in my political party members. Slowly I would introduce them to my idea after I know I can trust them. Then I would use the power I have earned to help other countries with their struggles and earning their trust so they would hopefully want to ally themselves with me. When I have allied myself with every country that I can I will use a propaganda technique that blames the non allied countries for the problems that everyone is experiencing. That way I will be able to attack them with the peoples support. I would start a rally with other countries and invade. If it works I will start to take over countries one by one. Some countries may surrender while other may fight back. After I have control of those countries I would build my own army and threaten if countries don't change their economy to a free market then I will change it.
RowanM

Con

Becoming president is very hard. Should you succeed at that, you only have four years to execute the whole plan of yours. Terms of office are made so presidents don't abuse their power to do exactly what you describe.
Then, allying yourself to other countries takes another great deal of time, effort and money. A thing which the US certainly doesn't have an unlimited amount of. And don't forget that other developed countries are democratic. Hitler showed us the dangers of absolute power.
This use of propaganda might work at some people but never enough to convince everyone to go to war. We're talking about tricking the US and Europe to blame everything on the other part of the world.
Let's say you've surpassed all of those obstacles and are now the emperor of half the world. How is a free market economy going to benefit you? In order to achieve world domination you would have to deny the population of free thinking. You would have to insert some form of communism. And good luck with that.
Posted by RowanM 3 years ago
RowanM
Now that you mention it, why the hell is that even possible?
Posted by Paecmaker 3 years ago
Paecmaker
Thats a pretty long voting time 0.o
Posted by TheResheimRises 3 years ago
TheResheimRises
I so lost that debate...
Posted by RowanM 3 years ago
RowanM
I didn't have enough characters to fully elaborate all the things that are wrong about your scheme.
Posted by Paecmaker 3 years ago
Paecmaker
Its an interesting subject and I would want to accept but I just had a similar debate so I will wait and see if someone else accepts.
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
Basic human nature guarantees such a idea will never exist. It's a sad truth, but it is the truth. Far better to accept this reality then to live In ignorant fantasy.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
TheResheimRisesRowanMTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con rebutted effectively by suggesting how difficult world domination would be. Con did this on every point, which sufficiently undermined Pro's position. World Domination may be possible, but it seems extremely unlikely, after reading this debate.