World Football aka soccer is the best sport I prefer to debate someone who loves American football

Started: 10/13/2015 Category: Sports

I'll be (PRO) I'll be arguing that soccer or world football as everyone outside of America calls it is the best sport ever made I prefer to debate with someone who's in favor of American football being better then soccer,

Rules:no insults no false information every information will be checked,

Round {1}: (acceptance only)

Round {2}: (opening arguement by both pro and con,

Round {3}: (Rebuttels to the opening arguements and bringing new arguments no Rebuttels for the new arguements on round 3 the rebuttel for the new arguements are only for round 4

Round {4}: (Rebuttels to the new arguments in round 3,

Round {5}: final statements no Rebuttels in this round

I accept. Put forth the contention.

(as an aside, I prefer esports)

Okay thanks for accepting I hope your serious okay here it goes

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world in terms of player numbers. According to the 2006 FIFA Big Count, there were 265 million soccer players in the world, 270 million when referees and match officials were included and that's about 10 years ago imagine now.

With so many registered soccer players across the globe, it's not surprising that soccer has more fans worldwide than any other sport. If you want to become a globally recognized sport star, soccer is a better option than football.

We soccer players only need a ball and a place with a goal a normal good ball costs only 5 bux

Fluid Play
Football is a stop-start game with frequent pauses between each play. Soccer is a much more fluid sport, an aspect that appeals to many fans and players.
Easy to Learn
It doesn't take long to learn the basics of soccer. The rules are straightforward and easily defined, with only the rule of the offside rule, leaving much room for confusion. Football is a more complex sport in terms of set plays and regulations.
Physical Requirements
Soccer players don't need the physical strength of football players(not that Iam weak or anything). Athleticism and fitness are important, but you don't need to be physically imposing to play soccer. Some of the world"s top players, such as Lionel Messi, rely purely on skill and creativity rather than strength and stature. This makes soccer a more inclusive sport than football, for men and women.

Olympic Sport

If you dream of being an Olympic athlete, football is not the sport for you. Though football was featured in the 1932 Summer Olympics as a demonstration event, the International Olympic Committee has yet to accept football as an Olympic sport. Soccer has been a regular feature of the Olympics since 1900.
Global Reach
Soccer has a truly global reach; football is largely contained within North America. Soccer is like an international language that crosses cultural barriers, allowing you to share your love for the game with other fans throughout the world. Whether you are in Brazil, Burundi, Belgium or Bangkok, you find people with a common interest in soccer.
International Competition
Soccer provides more opportunities to compete internationally, at amateur and professional levels. Youth teams often go on tour abroad, and individual players can train in soccer camps across the world. At the highest level, soccer also gives you the chance to represent your national team against all other nations on the planet, something that football does not offer in any comparable way.

Soccer players are less prone to injuries than football players, according to the 2006 High School Sports-Related Injury Surveillance Study sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The one-year study found that football players had the highest injury rate, with 4.36 injuries per 1,000 athlete exposures. Male and female soccer players had a rate of 2.43 and 2.36, respectively.

That's my opening arguement remember con you have to show why American football is better then soccer

Wait, what?

It was not made clear in the resolution or 1st rd that I was debating whether American football is better than soccer.

I concede to you, but please let that be a lesson to clarify your resolutions!

No I made myself clear I said I wanted to debate with someone who believes American football is better then soccer

The resolution simply stated that 'world football aka soccer is the best sport ever.' You also stated 'I prefer' to debate etc etc. This misled me into thinking that I would only have to debate that soccer is not the best sport ever.

The 'prefer' did not imply that I would 'have' to take the position of American football.

Maybe you could have said 'You will be taking the position in this debate of American football being better than soccer.'

This was an unclear resolution.

This debate is a mess

Anyway I said I prefer that the con be someone who loves American football I didn't say you have too, I just provided arguments against American football but to be honest these arguements can be used on virtually every sport

You can argue on behalf of any sport being better then soccer aslong as you provide a sound argument and the sport being actually sport (wwe and esports aren't real sports) wwe is more of a scripted live theatre and esports is basically exciting mind training

You just contradicted yourself.

Anyhow, I'd be pleased to debate you on the validity of esports as a sport. Fite me.

Esports isn't a sport,

A sport
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
"team sports such as baseball and soccer"
synonyms:(competitive) game(s), physical recreation, physical activity, physical exercise, athletics; pastime
"we did a lot of sports"

This makes e sports not an actual sport

Physical exertion:
Many smash bros players- Aziz 'Hax' Al-Yami, Jason 'Mew2King' Zimmerman have had carpal tunnel syndrome as a result of the exertion to hands while playing.

Esports has physical exertion.
Esports is a sport according to Pro's definition.
Posted by D7omy2015 1 year ago
i play games more then the Smosh channel themselves

Physical exertion is not a requirement for gaming but it is for soccer

Here's the definition

physical exertion - the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit; "the doctor recommended regular exercise"; "he did some exercising"; "the physical exertion required by his work kept him fit"

How is gaming exercising for the muscle

It's a competition not a sport