SML_SUB
cakerman

World War 3 After Math

SML_SUB has forfeited round #2.

SML_SUB

Con

Let's get this straight world war 3 is going to happen and if it does no one is going to win. I say this because if North Korea bombs us first we automatically go to war with them but it won't be just them it would be there allies also for example Russia and other countries. It's the same if we bomb them we all have allies but no one would win it would just be a war that no one is gonna win. It's just a lose - lose situation and of course terrorist groups are gonna get involved such as ISIS so basically no one is gonna win. All that is gonna happen is all of our countries going to war for no reason and the aftermath is gonna be horrific everyone is gonna die either because of the nuclear bombing or just the pollution that it's gonna cause.
cakerman

Pro

I'm not entirely certain as to the context of this debate, but I will take a shot in the dark on this one

Let's get this straight world war 3 is going to happen and if it does no one is going to win.

I don't necessarily find this to be true, assuming World War 3 is fought between America and the DPRK I believe that America and it's allies would easily overpower the small nation.

I say this because if North Korea bombs us first we automatically go to war with them but it won't be just them it would be there allies also for example Russia and other countries

Due to the hermit nature of The Democractic People's Republic of Korea we don't truly know who they are and are not firm allies with, nor do we know how their relations stand with most of their known allies, but I can break down why I believe noone would be quick to be helping out North Korea.

China: The ally you happened to mention and the strongest known ally to DPRK, but even President Xi Jinping has condemned DPRK for their recent nuclear missle tests, and has also stated that China would remain neutral, or opposing DPRK in the case of a provocation from DPRK.

Subpoint for China: The Korean War is still techincally open for conflict, there is only a cease fire in place. China has much economic gain and prospect from invading DPRK from the north in the case of a strike from DPRK to America. One of these same benefits is preventing the situation that impeded the unification of Korea the first time around, when North Korea first was pushed nearly to the Chinese border China jumped in on the side of the North Korean forces and eventually became a standstill at the 38th parallel, where the border sits today. China has much economic opportunity with a unification of Korea, as the DPRK already doesn't have as strong of an economy as South Korea, a unification could turn the Korean peninsula into an economic hotspot.

Russia: relations between the US and Russia are undoubtedly at their worst since the end of the Cold War in 1991, but I don't believe that Russia would be privy on defending DPRK in the case of an attack, not to mention IF any damage were to occur on US mainland or in their territories, even to their allies. Vladimir Putin has been working with China to diplomatically solve the North Korea issue without a war. officials from Moscow were quoted as saying the following:

"Pyongyang should be aware of the fact that in this way the DPRK will become fully opposed to the international community and will create international legal grounds for using military force against itself in accordance with the right of a state to self-defence enshrined in the United Nations Charter."

Based on this combination of actions combined with the words of Russian officials I believe that the governments of both Russia and China would oppose DPRK in the case of a war.

Bulgaria: A lesser known former ally to the North Korean government, Bulgaria has recently implemented stricter sanctions on coal and iron originating from DPRK, and has been quotes as saying they will take "All necessary measures" to implement UN sanctions on DPRK

Benin: Another small, small state that is in kahoots with DPRK, as recent as 2013 they have said relations are great, but I don't believe Benin will be a deciding factor in World War 3

Democratic Republic Of Congo: This nation which happens to have ties with DPRK is notoriously unstable, unable to stop the wars in it's own country and with utmost certainty, unable to fight a war in Korea.

Madagascar: The relationship between these two is more unknown than others, as all we know is that North Korea basically did Madagascar a favor and helped build the fledgling state’s presidential Iavoloha Palace and new waterways free of charge.

It's just a lose - lose situation and of course terrorist groups are gonna get involved such as ISIS so basically no one is gonna win.

This is most certainly not a lose - lose for the international community, while I may not support the war the United States would be left with no choice were a war started between the two. The international community has much to gain from development similar to that of South Korea happening in the entire Korean peninsula, and in the regions nearby things like travel are shifted for the better. Remember that I don't want a war, but my opinion on how the war would end seemed appropriate for the debate, I hope I fulfilled what you were looking for and I look forward to round 2!

Posted by FanboyMctroll 9 months ago
FanboyMctroll
The Aftermath would be the Zombie apocalypse, after the radiation and mutation, most of the population will turn into zombies, small factions will survive like in walking dead fighting for the remaining resources.

I got my gun and shelter ready!!! Anyone trespassing will be blow away!!
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
Aftermath is one word, unless you mean English comes after math but before world war 3.
Posted by ShyreWolf 9 months ago
ShyreWolf
Are you arguing that everything will be destroyed there were to be another world war?

Also, Join the Alliance
Posted by Nd2400 9 months ago
Nd2400
When did you hear Russia would not intervene? Because all I hear is both Russia and China warning both the North Korea and the US not to attack each other. China already said they would stay neutral only if the North attack first. Now if the US attack first China said they would help the North. And if things get out of hand Russia would also get involved.
Posted by Atheistvoice 9 months ago
Atheistvoice
China and Russia would not intervene on behalf of North Korea. Indeed China recently upped the tariffs on North Korea and Russia has made it clear they will not intervene.
Posted by Nd2400 9 months ago
Nd2400
So which side are you for?
" I say this because if North Korea bombs us first we automatically go to war with them but it won't be just them it would be there allies also, for example, Russia and other countries". This Statement is false. Why because China already said If North Korea strike first, China would stay neutral. The only way China enter a war is if the US attack first.
Posted by Ozzyhead 9 months ago
Ozzyhead
Would your opponent be for the war?
Posted by atjacobmajor 9 months ago
atjacobmajor
Yeah, I'm with What50. There is no real question, you just stated that you think it would suck.
Posted by What50 9 months ago
What50
So what is this debate about?