xxJimmyxx
Jlconservative

World of warcraft is better than guild wars

xxJimmyxx

Pro

In WoW u get more chacter, races, and weapons and armour. I know u have to pay but there is ways around that. i have both games but only play GW when i run out of time kinda like a back up. Its just more fun and there is more things to do
Jlconservative

Con

I have recently put down video games for good and I have not touched a MMO in about 2 years but I did try wow and gw.

Guild Wars is in my opinion a better game in this sense, you buy it and you play the game. You don't have to pay 15.00 a month for play which in a year that adds up to $180.00 a year to play a game. Plus the additional 80.00 it takes to buy the game and the expansion so your really looking at a 260.00 purchase in order to play the game, however then something other issues that are known to occur, from my understanding world of warcraft takes a much more powerful computer in which case that could add up to 200.00 for hardware or even in some cases I know people who have gone out and bought an entire knew system of course trying to hide the fact it is only because of world of warcraft but all in all it is only to play the game. So in extreme cases along with the cost to play the game then you pay around 400-600 buying a new system so in extreme cases your looking at 660.00 because of your addiction to world of warcraft.

Also, World of warcraft is not just called world of warcrack for no reason it is the most addicting and time wasting game ever created,the time it takes to get anywhere in game and the addiction is just not pleasant. In some cases there have actually been deaths because of a wow addiction crazy isn't it? also I am sure that its not a big surprise being addicted to anything can cause your academic,social, and physical life to plummet.

Therefore in my opinion atleast if your going to play a game get a consol play an hour shut it down and move on, however if you must play an MMORPG stay away from world of warcrack and buy GW for 45.00 play it 2-3 hours a day which is more than enough to move up in the game. Oppose to the 260.00 and a lifestyle that is a complete addiction to a video game.
xxJimmyxx

Pro

ok yes WOW does cost money to play each month but there is away around that private servers. I know one so if u want it u lvl up faster and get more stuff. IT is free and all u need is a free trial of the first game and then a free trial of the second game. IN WOW there are more chacter races and the grafpics are better ther are more areas and more stuff to do. And the game is longer 70 lvls for wow and 20 lvls for GW so WOW is better and GW is a good back up game
Jlconservative

Con

This argument is begining to become silly.....if the only way around paying per month for a game is by illegally playing thats stupidity.

Look,
The recent deaths of two net gamers have once again raised the issue of the impact of addiction on the online gaming community, and the health risks involved.
A 28-years-old man from Beijing, nicknamed "Snowly", died last month after playing the online game "World of Warcraft" for several continuous days during the national day holiday. Snowly's friends, who share the same game community, say that he was a very diligent member and a key official of their community, who was always connected to the Internet.

Several days before Snowly's death, the gamer was said to be preparing for a relatively difficult part of the game and had very little rest. He told his friends that he felt very tired. A big online funeral was held for him one week after the death.

But the event was sadly overshadowed by the death of another game enthusiast nicknamed Thereafter.
Several online game communities have posted announcements to urge their members to pay attention to their health.
Meanwhile, 7 major domestic game makers have agreed to install an anti-obsession system on eleven online game products.

If a game can cause such an addiction it causes death it is not a game you want to play... its that simple.
xxJimmyxx

Pro

ok well its not illegal and i asked not to post long arguments. it is called a private serever and if u want it post a comment and i will tell you. yes it is addicking but if u playh it for an hour a day its fine. first u didnt say how the guy died and he was stupid to play it for days strait like the guys on south park. that means he has no life. ive been playing it for a while and nothing happened. i stop playing to hang out with my friends and only play for like an hour a day. yes it is fun but if ur stupid enough to die over it y do people still play. and WoW has been out for a while and dont u think BLIZZARD knows about the private servers. they are like the same game made by people like us but smarter and some work at the company and it lets u lvl up faster and u get more stuff.

And dont u think people only play so much to get the best armour or weapon. on a privete server u get mor Xp and more money and weapons so on those servers it would take u less time to get what u want and not play 24/7.

and i only wrote so long to get back at u
Jlconservative

Con

Look, I regret taking this debate its a pretty stupid debate, however since I took it I will finish it.

The fact that world of war craft can take over your life completely(regardless of how you play it) the fact that it costs around 180.00 just to play the game year round, the fact that people have died because its so addicting, the fact that every single one of my classmates and students who have played the game and are loyal gamers have to pay the fee, get mountains of health issues,start failing academically, start loosing social life, start loosing self esteem and motivation. This game is addicting and extremely costly financially and personally.
Posted by bexy_kelly 8 years ago
bexy_kelly
"they will know what I mean when I say this debate belongs in Barrens chat"
Haha, brilliant Logos. No truer words were said
Posted by HCPwns95 9 years ago
HCPwns95
In response to the con:
(Replying unprofessionally for a sec)
Dude, its a freaking game. WE STILL HAVE LIVES!!
*sigh* so stereotypical........

Heres the results of a survey I took:
Out of 10,000 male adults:
9254 are married
8564 have children
8005 have a joyful and successful job
The other people? I dunno
Posted by Partyboat 9 years ago
Partyboat
I think this debate could of been done better by pro. I would like to do it sometime.
Posted by Loofa 9 years ago
Loofa
NOBODY CARES AT ALL NONE NADA
Posted by Logos 9 years ago
Logos
Good god.

People playing a game too much says nothing as to the quality of the game itself. Gaming addiction is not unique to World of Warcraft. People have died playing Warcraft III, Unreal Tournament, and other games (probably Guild Wars as well.) How you attempt to use WoW's addictive potential as an argument towards the quality of Guild Wars, I have no idea.

That being said, I don't plan on voting for either person in this debate. Neither side put forth a convincing argument. It seems that both debtors have played WoW, so they will know what I mean when I say this debate belongs in Barrens chat.
Posted by Daxitarian 9 years ago
Daxitarian
Interesting stuff on the addiction. I just wrote a paper about the topic for school.

However, it may well be the case that the addiction is not because of the game itself, but because of some other underlying issues of depression in the person. The same type of behavior is seen with other things, such as pinball games and soap operas.

But it is still fascinating that these types of things can manipulate the dopamine and our brains reward system to pursue these things in harmful excess. But I play WoW nonetheless .
Posted by Jlconservative 9 years ago
Jlconservative
I agree with you sentri 100% that is the focus point of my argument.
Posted by Sentri102 9 years ago
Sentri102
There is no sense to this debate. Guild Wars is fun, yes. All games are. But it just hits the line for good games. Yes you can level a guy up to 20 and they have several exspansions for the game which you have to buy but are still fun. But thats about it. World of Warcraft crosses the fun line into brilliant. I wouldnt say it is the best game ever, but in the mmorpg area its the best. You have a longer gameplay, all the way up to 70, and soon 80, as well as instances and other things to do. Also, wow is more strategic where u actually have to read the quest instead of going to a little arrow all the time. Yes you have to pay for wow, but every tuesday your getting a free update so its totally worth it. So, in the end, if you want to be addicted to something and go down 2 letter grades in school, go buy both and make a decision on your own, but if not, keep to the console games.
Posted by Jlconservative 9 years ago
Jlconservative
kenicks I am frustrated you did not read my argument and jumped to conclusions I agree with you 100% I played computer games until I lost my A average than I quit, your completely correct they are both for non-intellectuals which is why I have not touched them for two years.
Posted by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
both of them are for non-intellectuals with too much time on their hands. however, I applaud both debaters for taking time off from their MMORPG and going on debate.org.
Vote Placed by Pyromaniac 7 years ago
Pyromaniac
xxJimmyxxJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by turtlecool2 9 years ago
turtlecool2
xxJimmyxxJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by Korezaan 9 years ago
Korezaan
xxJimmyxxJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by MarxistKid 9 years ago
MarxistKid
xxJimmyxxJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by mrmatt505 9 years ago
mrmatt505
xxJimmyxxJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
xxJimmyxxJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by Aagon 9 years ago
Aagon
xxJimmyxxJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by beem0r 9 years ago
beem0r
xxJimmyxxJlconservativeTied
Vote Placed by JoeDSileo 9 years ago
JoeDSileo
xxJimmyxxJlconservativeTied