nerdykiller
Pastafarian

Would Batman beat Superman in a Fight?

nerdykiller

nerdykiller

Pro

Hello Vincent. This debate will be not a serious debate, but rather a fun one. Who would win in an battle of Batman and Superman.
To make sure Pro is for Batman and Con is for superman.

Structure of this debate.
Round 1: Intro from both sides.
Round 2: Reasoning to prove which hero will take the win.
Round 3: Rebuttal and argue to the reasons stated in the previous round.
Round 4: Conclusion.

Rules
* No profanity
* Two forfeits mean you forfeit the whole debate.

Definition

Battle: a fight between two persons.
From: http://dictionary.reference.com...

Background:
Batman is a fictional character who lives in Gotham City.
He witnessed his parent's death at a young age.
Does not have any super power.

Superman is a fictional character who lives in a city. (Couldn't really find a name)
Came from a planet called Kal-El.
Superpower are strength, laser eyes, and unable to be hurt easily.

I wish you luck on this debate opponent.

Pastafarian

Con

As Con I shall be the one in which proves Superman is in fact stronger than Batman. As the person accepting to this debate, I'll accept the structure and rules in which Pro has provided for both me and the audience.

Good Luck Pro, as this will be fun!
nerdykiller

Pro

Arguments
Batman has Superior Intelligence Than Superman.
Batman does not have any super power, but he makes up the lack of super power with his resourcefully with the surroundings. Batman is skilled in many ways of fighting. He is educated in more about the world,fighting, and justice than the so called alien Superman. Batman will find Superman's weakness which is Kryptonite and build a weapon that will defeat Superman.
Batman will win because he plans out what will happen. Batman is also not weak he is an Olympic level athlete and acrobat and he is possibly one of the greatest martial artist.
Batman Will Do Whatever to Do What is Right.
Batman unlike Superman will do what is necessity to bring justice. Superman on the other hand will only care about the safety of the people in danger. Batman will always have a plan to take down the enemy doing what is needed and save the people in peril. Batman is a man who will save Gotham before saving his friends.
Batman has the money.
Batman also is a very rich man. Like Lex Luthor Batman can and will acquire Kryptonite and plan varies way to trap or kill Superman. Batman is a multi-billionaire who creates and have arsenal of weapon at his disposal. Batman has amazing technology which will be used to defeat Superman.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Batman will win because he can plan, he knows what superman's powers and weakness is, he will do whatever to do what is right, and he has money, weapon, powerful connection, and etc.
Pastafarian

Con

REBUTTALS
R1: I begin with Pro’s statement from his first argument-- “Batman is also not weak he is an Olympic level athlete and acrobat and he is possibly one of the greatest martial artist.” I rebuttal to this claim by showing that Superman’s power defined from Pro’s first round as strength. After reading too much comic books about Superman-- I found that Superman is able to carry 200 quintillion tons of weight just on him. How much is 200 quintillion tons? 200 quintillion tons is approximately 3-tenthousandths percent of the Earth. I also bring this rebuttal to another phrase that Pro had said, “Batman will find Superman's weakness which is Kryptonite and build a weapon that will defeat Superman.” As defined on wikipedia-- Batman is a human wearing armor on himself. Superman can just use his laser beams and burn through his face mask-- thus killing Batman. My last rebuttal in his first argument is the fact where Pro says, “makes up the lack of super power with his resourcefully with the surroundings.” Superman can fly anywhere and has X-Ray vision which enables him to see anyone wherever he is.
R2: Pro blatantly said in his second argument that Batman cares about justice more than Superman-- while Superman saves the people in danger. Based on my reasoning, Batman doesn’t care about the safety of others-- but rather apprehending the criminal. Then-- Pro states that Batman cares about saving people. In the second argument-- Pro had contradicted himself! I do not know where to begin arguing other than the fact he contradicted himself. To give Pro a reminder-- clarify and proofread whatever you say please.
R3: Pro states that Batman has money so he’s able to do anything he wants to capture and brutally murder Superman. Pro stated that Batman has an arsenal of weapons.. Guess what? Superman has an arsenal of weapons to and it’s portable-- all in his body. Superman has Super Breath, Heat Vision, X-Ray vision, the ability to fly, etc.
Arguments
I will just provide his strengths
  • Strength
  • X-Ray vision
  • Heat vision
  • Super breath and Hearing
  • Invulnerbility
  • Speed
  • Flight
CONCLUSION
In conclusion-- Superman in a matter of fact is stronger than Batman. Superman can do anything Batman can do-- but better. Superman has portable weapons, while Batman has to carry them in his black speedo. Batman can adapt to his surroundings-- but Superman has strength, x-ray vision, and the ability to fly. Batman can run but he can not hide.. Batman is an Olympic athelete of some sort-- but Superman has the ability to carry 200 quintillion tons. Also-- Pro please write in an understandable manner-- because it was a bit hard understanding parts of your speech. I urge the audience to vote for Superman-- or Con in this debate for all I have done to disprove Pro’s theories about how Batman can supposedly win.
Thank you
I also urge Pro to make the debate max characters next time please.
nerdykiller

Pro

Rebuttal
1. *In Con's first rebuttal he states that "I found that Superman is able to carry 200 quintillion tons of weight just on him." This statement is unclear because I already agreed that Superman is strong in Round 1. My first reason was all about how intelligent Batman is rather than Superman and that Batman is a strong fighter, still not strong as Superman. *Con states an absurd statement "Superman can just use his laser beams and burn through his face mask-- thus killing Batman." This event will never occur because Batman will never give Superman a chance to do such a thing.This statement that Con made is ridicules because it is basically an assumption and that Superman can be easily defeated by Kryptonite, which is shown in the movie Superman Returns (2006) when Superman is stabbed by a Kryptonite shard wielded by Lux Luthor to a brink of death, but Superman luckily survives because of Lois Lane. This event I just stated happened rather than the assumption Con has created.
* Con has not clearly understood my statemant "Makes up the lack of super power with his resourcefully with the surroundings." What I meant was that Batman is resourceful with the surrounding by adapting and making the surrounding to his advantage.

2. *Maybe I had not stated my second reasoning clearly. I meant to say was that Batman is a man who will make what is the best desicion, rather than Superman who is flying all over the place to save EVERYONE. For example in the movie Superman Returns (2006) Superman saves the girl (which is a distraction made by Lux Luthor) than stopping the museum robbery that becomes more important then the broken car incident. Batman in the movie The Dark Night (2008) shows that Batman will even go against the police to do what is right and stop the antagonist.
3. *Like Superman's arch enemy Lux Luthor, Batman is really rich enough to build weapons to defeat Superman in a battle. Con states, "Guess what? Superman has an arsenal of weapons to and it’s portable-- all in his body." My rebuttal to that statement is that Batman has his own arsenal with him all the time within his suit.
Batman's strengths.
- Incredible at martial arts and acrobatics
- Master of stealth
- Scientific Knowledge
- Master of Disguise
- Detective skills
Batman's equipment
- Arsenal of special gadgets on his suit and belt
- Fire and bullet resistant suit
- Surveillance equipment in his mask
*Batman also has a headquarter known as the Batcave.
Batman's best skills that will determine him winning the battle is Batman's intelligence in general whether it be to creating a battle plan or making an amazing escape. Batman is not strong as Superman, but he is possibly one of the greatest martial artists in the world. Unlike Superman, Batman will choose the best decision than helping everyone.

Con will you please stop being disrespectful by saying to the audience to vote for Con because the debate isn’t over yet.

Pastafarian

Con

R1: I ask Pro how is my statement unclear? I know you have already stated how strong Superman is—but I want to explain to you and the audience how strong he actually is. Strong could be a person that can carry a computer, or one that carry 200 quintillion tons. Pro states, “My first reason was all about how intelligent Batman is rather Superman and that Batman is a strong fighter, still not strong as Superman.” Once again I plead to Pro to clarify what he is saying—because that sentence is not hard to understand. Pro claims I made an absurd statement, when I said Superman can use his laser beams and burn through his face mask—thus killing Batman. I ask Pro how would you know that this event will never occur? Superman is faster than Batman and he has X-Ray vision which enables him to not lose sight of Batman. The next statement in which Pro said, “This statement that Con made is ridicules because it is basically an assumption and that Superman can be easily defeated by Kryptonite, which is shown in the movie Superman Returns(2006) when Superman is stabbed by a Kryptonite shard wielded by Lux Luthor to a brink of death, but Superman luckily survives because of Lois Lane” I first urge Pro to explain to me what this epically run on sentence means. Also as Pro provided the source of Superman Returns I found that there in fact is no one named Lux Luthor. What this means is that Pro did not even read his own source and I ask the audience is this man to be trusted? His last statement in his poorly put together rebuttal is “Makes up the lack of super power with his resourcefully with the surroundings.” I refute to his accusation with the fact that Superman doesn’t even need to adapt to his surroundings. He has X-Ray Vision, super strength, and speed. His X-Ray Vision will enable him to follow Batman without losing him. His speed will enable Superman to not be blown away by Batman’s little bicycle. His super strength allows Superman to be able to destroy anything in his path—while Batman has to dodge all these obstacles.

I will provide my second rebuttal in the comments because of the pathetic 3000 characters limit... I also apologize if it seemed disrespectful for you-- but rather it's something I usually say in the end of a debate-- to show why the audience should vote for me.
nerdykiller

Pro

Con keeps telling me to clarify my statement. I hope that this is clear enough.
*Batman is MORE INTELLIGENT THAN Superman.
*Batman is strong enough that he can defeat villains like Bane, Clayface, Killer Croc, Blockbuster, and so much more.
*Lex Luthor (Not Lux Luthor) defeated Batman easily with Kryptonite in the movie Superman Returns(2006).
*Superman's X-ray vision is useless if Batman has people or machine that looks like Batman everywhere in the place where the battle will take place.
*Batman has the will to sacrifice if needed for the greater good, unlike Superman who will try to save everyone in danger even criminals sometimes.
*Batman has the money to buy all to equipment to battle superman and surveillance equipment to know where Superman is, where Superman is going, and where the battle should be held at.
*Batman can money to rebuild the deadliest weapon to use against Superman.
List of weapons that Batman can use against Superman
Mr. Freeze's "cold gun", which freezes its target frozen solid.
Scarecrow's hand-held fear gas sprayer, which release a fear toxin and clouds the enemy's mind in to believing that they are facing their worst nightmare.
Joker's Joker Venom, which makes the enemy laugh uncontrollably and dies with a grin.
Superman's heat vision has to face Mr. Freeze's "cold gun" that will be modified by Batman to stand against Superman.
Superman will be confused by Joker's Joker Venom if he is not already dead.
Superman will see Batman as a person he always feared when Superman takes a whiff of Scarecrow's fear gas.
*Con says, "super strength allows Superman to be able to destroy anything in his path." Superman is a type of hero that will not go and destroy everything in his way because he might hurt pedestrians.
*Superman is not invulnerable because throughout comics Superman is in many battles where he is hurt badly and in some case dead (Superman #75 (vol. 2, January 1993))
*Batman can fly because of all his gadgets in his suits and he owns many jets, planes, and helicopter.
*Batman is master of disguise and when I say that I mean Batman can disguise him self as a policeman or a gang member in Volume 1 Batman No Man's Land.
* Batman has many headquarters not only his main Batcave.
*Batman is smarter than Superman and can plan out the battle better than Superman.
Batman can set up dummies that are dressed like him all over the place where the battle takes place so Superman's X ray is useless.
Batman can hold people like Lois Lane or others that are close to Superman hostage.
When Superman comes to rescue them Superman realize that the hostages weren't the people, but machines.
The machines can explode which spreads Kryptonite gas, Fear gas, and Joker Vemon.
Batman then will defeat already weakened Superman.

Pastafarian

Con

I begin my debate by saying a thank you to this debate towards Pro. However I must refute to his arguments in which he has provided to me. He begins with the section “Batman is MORE INTELLIGENT THAN Superman.” Where did you come up with that? I advise the audience to not take that into fact because he has not provided any sources pertaining to the fact. However I refute to his claim because Superman’s an alien. If an alien from another planet can reach Earth before Earth reaches that planet—it means that the alien itself is more intelligent that people from Earth. I bring in Pro’s second statement, “Batman is strong….” Has Pro said he’s stronger than Superman? No he didn’t say anything about Superman—but rather a bunch of other villains. As Pro has not stated anything about Superman—I conclude that refutation that Batman is weaker than Superman. His next argument is that Lex Luthor defeated Batman easily via Kryptonite. All I have to say is you assumed it’s easily—and an assumption is not credible. Pro’s next argument says that Superman’s X-Ray Vision is useless if Batman has people that looks like himself. X-Ray Vision allows you to see through the person to decide whether or not it’s Batman. And Batman will never get a chance to be able to do that because of the fact he’s not fast enough to perform such actions. I bring back the power, super speed. Next “Batman CAN money to rebuild the deadliest weapon to use against Superman.” That sentence makes UTTERLY no sense.
Weapons that Batman has are useless. As Pro made horrible additions to the weapons, I’ll copy the same thing he did. Superman will modify his heat vision to face the “Cold Gun”. Superman will wear an oxygen mask so he doesn’t breathe through the Joker Venom. He will wear Kevlar Vests so the venom can’t be injected into him.
Pro did not provide a place in which we’ll battle. As the last round I will provide the whammy with the location. The location will be in the middle of the moon with no armor of any sorts. Superman has won because Batman has no oxygen and therefore the winner is Superman..

In conclusion, a fun debate, but I recommend Pro to clarify his statements. An 8000 character limit wouldn’t kill you mate so next time want to do that or I won’t accept anymore debates you challenge me not the DDO members to.

Read Comments for my last part in the debate please. Also, Pro tell me what the rules are better next time. The comment section for the debate counts also since you never said anything about it.
Posted by MultiHayden101 4 years ago
MultiHayden101
1. Superman lives in Metropolis
2. Superman comes from Kyrypton
3. Kalel is Superma's DAD!
Posted by phantom 5 years ago
phantom
brokenboys vote makes no sense
Posted by Pastafarian 5 years ago
Pastafarian
So the weaker one prevails, oh Christ.
Posted by phantom 5 years ago
phantom
batman's just a man. But superman's a super man.
Posted by Pastafarian 5 years ago
Pastafarian
Okay what the hell on the vote, that was completely unfair.
Posted by phantom 5 years ago
phantom
"Hello Vincent. This debate will be not a serious debate, but rather a fun one."

rofl I think both of them have broken that rule.
Posted by huhmasta 5 years ago
huhmasta
haha are you two seriously taking offense over a debate over SUPER HEROES? My god, grow up children. And Nerdykiller, work on grammar and spelling...the "dark night"? People won't take you seriously if you keep on piling up the errors like that....
Posted by Pastafarian 5 years ago
Pastafarian
I never do debates like this, but rather something relating to current affairs
Posted by Pastafarian 5 years ago
Pastafarian
Look between my first debate and the debates I debate now.. There's a huge differenc between the structure and the style, so don't say I haven't learned anything. This website I wanted me and michael, as I was the one who introduced him.
Posted by nerdykiller 5 years ago
nerdykiller
Dude I wanted to join here because of Michael not you.
I debated Michael first because I wanted to debate against him not you.
After declining your challenge, I thought maybe I should try against you I challenged you.
Guess what ?
I don't care if I never debate against you.
If this was a real live debate and we were talking face to face, I would have won because unlike you I stay where within the limit given.
Vote Placed by brokenboy 5 years ago
brokenboy
nerdykillerPastafarianTied
Reasons for voting decision: superman is a super hero batman is just a man that wears a cape and thinks he is all tough
Vote Placed by quarterexchange 5 years ago
quarterexchange
nerdykillerPastafarianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Had just as reliable sources as Con. Also Con should have posted text in a similar font as Pro, it just made it harder to read.
Vote Placed by CapsLock 5 years ago
CapsLock
nerdykillerPastafarianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting Debate-- I for one always liked Batman. However Pro was on Batman-- and he just a bit destroyed him in my own perspective. His reliable sources and grammar goes to this one section. "The Dark Night"? It's knight. Most of his speaking was gibberish, some making no grammatical sense. Con made sense and he even attempted to make through with what he said. Props to you. Pro said he would not refute to the comment section, but didn't clarify in the beginning, so he loses the conduct vote.