Would Jeremy Corbyn Be A Good Prime-Minister?

I believe that Jeremy Corbyn would be a breath of fresh air for british politics.

Jeremy Corbyn would visualise himself as a good prime minister and he would also have a strong passion to bring fresh air for british politics. But, as much passion and ambition he has for his new polices, it would not happen.

I want to say thank for joining me in this debate.

I believe that he would make a good prime-minister because he is very principled and wouldn't make stupid decisions that contrast with the country's beliefs. Like the iraq war, he was one of the few MPs to vote against that war.

You say and I quote, It would not happen.
We are not debating whether corbyn could become Prime-Minister we are debating would he be a good Prime-Minister.

First I thank you for having me on this debate.

My argument to why Corbyn will not be a good Prime-Minister is because of the lack support, power and enforcement on his ideals. Corbyn himself may present himself to the whole world that he is a well principled, highly disciplined Prime-Minster, however, the making of a good Prime-Minister is not how he thinks or presents himself to be, it is what the others judge him by. In other words, I believe that if he would become Prime-Minister regardless of how good his character or principles may be, the consequences of the lack of enforcement would inevitably paint him as a bad Prime-Minster. For example, Corbyn himself and many members of the public may initially agree to believe that being well principled in thoughts and character are key traits being a good Prime-Minister, but without much enforcement, the members of parliment or the public and easily claim the Corbyn is putting his own principles ahead of the needs and safety of this country. This would picture him as an selfish Prime-Minister.

Corbyn does say what many people like to hear, such as the nucluer free world etc., but as good and unrealistic as his intentions may be, the disturbance of these matters would more or less cause an rupture between the relationships between his own party, our nation and other countries from America to Europe. And if Corbyn doesn't manage all these issues well and leaves just a slight opening for attack he would be underfire from all sides, in which they would too paint him as a bad prime minister.

At the end of the day, history would record him down as a good or bad Prime-Minister depending on the present events and how it impacts our lives. Judging from his ideas he has released to the public ever since he became the Leader of Opposition I would say that if he would become Prime-Minister he would ultimately be a Prime-Minister with good intentions and character, but ultimately painted to be bad by his political rivals and lack of support.

titicoco forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited the previous round, does this equate to my first win?
Posted by HoKiaJunn 1 year ago
So I would still win regardless of the voting outcome?
Posted by PointyDelta 1 year ago
HoKiaJunn, on this site, any forfeit is a win.
Posted by Born_Confused 1 year ago
Corbyn is a left-wing politician. His views are considered to be extremist and lacks a moral dilemma.
Vote Placed by bsh1 1 year ago