futuristic_doctor
brawler456

Would Trump be a good leader if elected

futuristic_doctor

Con

My argument is that Donald Trump would not be a good president if elected, and here is why I think this. He may be a good businessman, but that does not necessarily translate to being good in politics. He has many supporters but, name a politician currently standing that doesn't. Many people regard him as having a big ego, and I agree with that statement, but I will refrain from name-calling in this debate. The reason I brought that up is because his perceived ego would probably get in the way if he were to become president. He also is religious, and that may affect his choices as a president.
brawler456

Pro

As this seems like an interesting debate, I will take the challenge of supporting Donald Trump's candidacy for President. Though admittedly, Trump does have an air of egocentrism, he also has policies that would benefit the American people as a whole. I will not go into detail this round, as I will leave it with the fact that this is the acceptance round, but I do wish Con the best of luck.
futuristic_doctor

Con

futuristic_doctor forfeited this round.
brawler456

Pro

brawler456 forfeited this round.
futuristic_doctor

Con

futuristic_doctor forfeited this round.
brawler456

Pro

brawler456 forfeited this round.
Posted by ken.derickson 1 year ago
ken.derickson
Interesting debate that I will follow with some interest. I would posit the following:

1- All politicians have big egos, so this is not a relevant issue.
2- What has been lacking is good leadership in our government, primarily due to our politicians being beholding to major donors to their campaigns. Leadership involves making tough decisions on what is the best solution regardless of special interests, feelings, or political correctness. One cannot be all things to all people and expect to implement the best solution for the country as a whole.
3- A successful businessman realizes that he does not have all the answers and gathers a team of experts around him to deal with problems and issues. Our political leaders gather advisers around them that will support their beliefs.