SadisticAphid60
defyingcynism

Would You Kill Jesus?

SadisticAphid60

Pro

Christians say that the second coming of Jesus entails the apocalypse. If Jesus planned on destroying the earth and you could kill him and save the world would you do so?
defyingcynism

Con

Yes, yes i would.
SadisticAphid60

Pro

SadisticAphid60 forfeited this round.
defyingcynism

Con

defyingcynism forfeited this round.
SadisticAphid60

Pro

SadisticAphid60 forfeited this round.
defyingcynism

Con

defyingcynism forfeited this round.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
"we kill" a Jesus every second. We just do not know....
Posted by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
I'd kill him. Anyway this is in the wrong section. It is a question, not a debate resolution, so it belongs in the polls.
Posted by Discipulus_Didicit 1 year ago
Discipulus_Didicit
Just like FrozenLichBox, I would be too much of a coward to stand up to God and fight for what is right. So no I would not kill Jesus.
Posted by Impartial 1 year ago
Impartial
If that zombie is anything like the ones in Shaun of the Dead, I'd definitely have a go.
Posted by FrozenLichBox 1 year ago
FrozenLichBox
If it's the will of God to destroy the world, so be it. Our Creator has to be a perfect being, and would thus have perfect reasons for doing so. Call me a religious fanatic, but what I say comes from a logical standpoint.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that, in general terms, order cannot come out of chaos without a guiding force. So, the only possible way our universe could exist is through the direct guidance of a supernatural force.

Okay, then, so we know there is a Creator. We can know that He's perfect by looking at His actions, or, in this case, His inaction. We aren't regularly plagued by supernatural phenomena, so our Creator has an infinite level of self-restraint, as He hasn't given in to the corruption of infinite power. So, I conclude that our Creator is perfect, and the destruction of the world by His hand would be just and right.