Wildwolf
Chucknorris5799

Would a Correct Form of Socialism Work in The United States of America

Chucknorris5799

Wildwolf

Con

I am a fan of good, correct, democratic socialist governments. This liberal style of governance has worked in many countries in Europe including Sweden, Finland and China. However, these countries all have one thing in common. In all of these countries, most of the citizens share a Liberal viewpoint in government. Since Socialism is an extremely liberal form of governance, this makes since. However, in the United States of America, a majority of voters are conservative and support the basic ideas of the republican party. The main reasons socialism wouldn't work here is that 1. People would go power crazy and 2. There is too much opposition on the Conservative front. I believe it is quite obvious that if the United States declared being a socialist republic, the conservatives would move with swift action, repeal the bill and if push comes to shove, take up arms and fight their government.
I wish the best of luck to my fellow debater. Let's keep this civil :)
Chucknorris5799

Pro

I wish to open up the debate with a question. What do you define as correct good socialism? Would you prefer fascist dictatorship or communist dictatorship because either way communism and socialism can't work in any society without a large, oppressive, and powerful government. That may sound good to you but to me it is a bell that rings the sound of tyranny. Ask anyone from the former Soviet union or modern day china and I bet you they would disagree that there is any good socialism. Karl Marx was wrong.
Wildwolf

Con

Wildwolf forfeited this round.
Chucknorris5799

Pro

As you can see my opponent has not been able to give me an example of a "good correct form of socialism". The reason is that there is no correct form of socialism. Let's just take a look through history and you'll find that the only mildly successful socialist governments were oppressive tyrannical dictatorships or oligarchys. Here are some notable socialist governments throughout history. Nazi germany, fascist Italy, the former Soviet union, Castro cuba, north vietnam, north Korea, and china. They don't sound like fun to me.
Wildwolf

Con

Wildwolf forfeited this round.
Chucknorris5799

Pro

They forfeited again great. Who am I debating.
Wildwolf

Con

Wildwolf forfeited this round.
Chucknorris5799

Pro

And it's over
Posted by maydaykiller 2 years ago
maydaykiller
The design works. You forgot to mention Western attempts to destroy every communist/socialist country. 0
Posted by Chucknorris5799 2 years ago
Chucknorris5799
Let me put this simply. I am correct to assume that something cannot work if tried many times and all of the times it has failed, under different circumstances and people. It's called logic. If you are making a car and you use the same design and you test it a hundred times and not once does it work you would hopefully agree with me that that cars design must be broken. Now I don't know what would make a political and economic ideology different from that logic. Face it communism. , leninism, marxism, and socialism have failed enough and killed too many people to warrant another try. You can't deny facts and history.
Posted by debate_power 2 years ago
debate_power
Why don't you debate me?
Posted by debate_power 2 years ago
debate_power
Chuck, why would you assume something cannot work under any circumstances because it historically has not worked under specific circumstances?
Posted by Josh_debate 2 years ago
Josh_debate
All Socialism is bed, government should be limited and have very little power.
Posted by miketheman1200 2 years ago
miketheman1200
Which type is the correct type? Is it the type that doesn't end up with millions dead?
Posted by Phenenas 2 years ago
Phenenas
Sweden and Finland are not socialist countries because production is not controlled by the government. You may simply be confusing socialism with democracy, as many do. China is a socialist state, but the conditions there are harsh and corrupt, so it clearly does not work out well for the common people. I know that socialism wouldn't work in the United States either, so I won't take part in this debate.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
WildwolfChucknorris5799Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Paleophyte 2 years ago
Paleophyte
WildwolfChucknorris5799Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con Forfeits
Vote Placed by debate_power 2 years ago
debate_power
WildwolfChucknorris5799Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture, plus Con never made his point.