DevilsIndica
Jaden_Smith

Would it be natural for any Movie to depict the 'Bad Guys' being the victors in the endings?

Started: 12/3/2014 Category: Movies

DevilsIndica

Pro

The reason why I'm asking this is because normally, we see movies that show where its always the 'Hero' or anything related to 'Good' that is winning in the end.
Because of this, I'm wondering what would happen if there were movies showing the villains winning in the end. I do see some movies that show the bad guys' ending but its not the mainstream types that play in cinemas.
Jaden_Smith

Con

how can movies be real if our eyes aren't real
DevilsIndica

Pro

DevilsIndica forfeited this round.
Jaden_Smith

Con

Jaden_Smith forfeited this round.
DevilsIndica

Pro

DevilsIndica forfeited this round.
Jaden_Smith

Con

Jaden_Smith forfeited this round.
Posted by smlburridge 2 years ago
smlburridge
Well first, we have to define what is "natural" and what constitutes a "bad guy".
I prefer stories that are morally ambiguous, because it can be interpreted in many different ways and provide interesting discussion.

I think a better resolution to this topic would be "Would it be *morally just* for any movie to depict the 'bad guys' being the victors in the end." Natural is inherently a vague term and can be used in a multitude of ways to justify or rationalize radically different ideologies. This is why the logical fallacy of appeal to nature exists.

In any case, Macbeth is almost a good example of a 'bad guy' winning. Except that he dies at the end.
Posted by pen_dragon 2 years ago
pen_dragon
quit being such a rebel and I would say that it has to do with the fact that people like to live through movies and shouldn't be shown how to succeed at being an evil villian