Brownspice
64bithuman

Would the world be better if Islam didn't exist

64bithuman

Brownspice

Con

I disagree as a large portion of technology was made by the Muslims that the western world fails to conceive. A benefit on the world as a whole is important and considering 1.7 billion people on it are better dead than alive is a daunting thought (as I a part of that number) would be received as being useless and a waste on resources.
64bithuman

Pro

Con has given me a cripplingly small amount of characters to defend my side. However, I'll try. Islam as an ideology directly promotes violence, racism, misogyny, and terrorism. In total, there are 109 verses in the Quran that call for war against unbelievers. A short list of evil directly from the Quran:

1. Apostasy is death: Bukhari, Vol. 4, Bk. 52, Num. 261

2. Women are lesser, 2:223,, “Your women are a tilth for you (to cultivate)..."

3. Anti-Semitism, 2:6, “...thou wilt find them greediest..."
Brownspice

Con

Brownspice forfeited this round.
64bithuman

Pro

Con has forfeited, so I have no new points to respond to. My points carry on unchallenged.
Brownspice

Con

Brownspice forfeited this round.
64bithuman

Pro

64bithuman forfeited this round.
Brownspice

Con

Brownspice forfeited this round.
64bithuman

Pro

64bithuman forfeited this round.
Posted by 64bithuman 1 year ago
64bithuman
@Yassine I'd debate it with you but we both know you'd fix the rules in your favor if I tried.
Posted by Yassine 1 year ago
Yassine
- Utterly stupid.
Posted by PTW 1 year ago
PTW
The world would be better off, if no religion at all existed!!!.
Posted by 64bithuman 1 year ago
64bithuman
No, I'm arguing that even if only 1% of Muslims are strident, literal Muslims, that's still far too many - and if only 50% of Muslims believe that Muhammad split the moon in two, that's far too many. Religion is a step back, not a step forward. The problem with arguing with religious people is that they always bring up the good things in whatever religion they are. I don't believe that the Quran is a perfect book - using the Quran to show how the Quran is wrong doesn't impress me. It's the same with the Bible - god says slaughter all the men, women, children, but save the virgin females - and then suddenly says that those who live by the sword die by it.

I'm not impressed. It shows me yet again how imperfect these books are, and it shows me how delusional they make people. To think that they have it right and everybody else has it wrong.

Does the Quran not say it is the only true religion? So long as it proclaims that there will never be peace. So long as people bicker and fight over nonsensical myths they will never use their logical facilities, ie: Israel.

Why 'tie your horse' to any religion? I think the bible and the Quran are very interesting historical documents, however, to follow them as rules for life is preposterous. They are ancient documents - they aren't historically sound, they aren't archaeologically sound, and they certainly aren't scientifically sound.

48:28 - It is He who sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion. And sufficient is Allah as Witness.

4:34 - Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them...
Posted by Enlighten 1 year ago
Enlighten
If you want to argue for the absence of a God in the first place, then no matter what, you would be biased towards not only true Islamic beliefs, but any religious belief. Give me one example from Islamic Holy texts as to open violence being permitted in the religion, making sure you read the context of the verse first. If you still have a doubt, I can try clear it for you.

You are basically arguing that only 0.1% of Muslims interpret the religion correctly?

A verse which is commonly used by Extremists to attempt to blame their acts, which are in truth based on politics and money, on Islam, is:
"And Kill them wherever you find them" - Chapter 2 Verse 191. However, go to the verse before and find that it says "Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors." Suggesting therefore that we should defend ourselves but not fight unnecessarily. Why do you think every battle the Prophet fought was in his home town? - because it was all self defence!

Or look at the fact that the verse "In the name of God, the most beneficent the most MERCIFUL" is repeated 114 times in the Holy Qur'an. God would never prescribe works of violence if he is known to be the Merciful One. Are ectremists in any way portraying this mercy?
Posted by 64bithuman 1 year ago
64bithuman
That's just not true. These terrorist groups use Islamic doctrine in the same way the Communist Party would use the teachings of Karl Marx. The work promotes violence. There are many who don't follow those verses or choose to interpret them in a different way, however, that does not mean they don't exist or can't be interpreted as a call to arms. In any case, a belief in any kind of god is silly belief to have. Islam and Christianity directly oppose each other.
Posted by Enlighten 1 year ago
Enlighten
Remember, removing Islam won't remove actions by terrorist groups. These people may be Muslim, but don't act based on Islam. There is a difference between a Muslim and a follower of Islam. Whenever the groups claim that Islam is the issue, where is the proof? Where is the contextual information? If Islam was "removed", what about the 99.9% who follow Islam truly?
Posted by Julia5678 1 year ago
Julia5678
@Suryayan, Christianity and Islam comes from God. They are divine religions. It is Culture coming from people and society.
Posted by Suryayan 1 year ago
Suryayan
I disagree. Islam,hindu,christianetc. are all religions made by the society and binded us with these. I think when people will go against it they will say that most terrorists are muslims. I believe they are not even humans. They dont deserve to be humans. We all are humans and the same. We breathe the same air, drink the same water, we all have blood of same colour, then why this discrimination,social injustice. I totally disagree with this. Any one who disagrees is an enemy of society. Thank you.
Posted by Maliza 1 year ago
Maliza
Too many muslims in the world, many who've contributed to make the world what it is today and so I'm gonna disagree :/ I'm guessing whoever goes against will put up the argument of 'Muslims are terrorists', but that's a minority who make the majority look bad which isn't their fault - just like when you go to a neighbourhood and see a bunch of thugs hanging around, you'll get a bad impression of the whole area but it'll just be a small group causing trouble all around.
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
Brownspice64bithumanTied
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Brownspice64bithumanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Hayd 1 year ago
Hayd
Brownspice64bithumanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited, Pro forfeited only because Con forfeited, therefore Pro gets conduct points. Con's argument was non-topical as it missed the point of the resolution, it was merely if the religion did not exist, not if the people did not exist. Pro points out the immoralities in Islam, preaching a bad message.