DaveKo2020
PowerPikachu21

Would you buy the Porsche 911 Turbo S over Nissan GT-R Nismo

DaveKo2020 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 12/8/2016 Category: Cars
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

DaveKo2020

Pro

My friend constantly tells me that the GT-R is much better in terms of "bang for buck" and goes on about how the GT-R has one the fastest Nurburgring lap times.
I'm a huge Porsche guy, and the 911 Turbo S is faster in a straight line (0-60mph in 2.5 seconds w/ launch control) and is more luxurious and refined.
The Nismo starts around $150,000 and the Turbo S is around $200,000.
The Porshce 911 Turbo S is obviously the better car overall, and if you had the $150,000 for the nismo, you have the $200,000 for the Turbo S.
PowerPikachu21

Con

My family already owns 2 cars. We don't need a 3rd. And chances are, our cars aren't worth more than $200,000, so we'd be wasting precious money on a car.
Posted by Youngastronomer 10 months ago
Youngastronomer
I'm glad a lot of people know that the Nissan GTR is overrated and it's fans are so deluded that they compare it to German super saloons and roadsters. Nissan GTR is not a supercar, sports car yes but it's not a supercar I'm afraid

I'M SORRY GTR FANBOYS, YOUR BABY'S NOT A SUPERCAR
Posted by Decentdude 11 months ago
Decentdude
I would buy the Porsche any day, Nissan is just like any other crappy asian car manufacture.
Posted by brandod 1 year ago
brandod
I agree. Fist of all, as of 2016, the GTR has literally not changed in any asthetic or phyisical way for a decade. Porsche is better in every way. I'd rather have a Cayman gt4 or gts than a GTR or the "legendary Skyline" (which just happen to be the worst car ever made.) You know, just get a new BRZ/86/FR-S for 20-30k and dump the rest of the 150,000 on mods. it'll be way more worth it. Nissan should just quit at making sports cars and so called "Supercars" cough cough GTR.
Posted by Overnight 1 year ago
Overnight
Im sorry, but who in their right mind would buy a Nissan when one could afford a Porshe?