stargate
phantom14450DEX

Would you do the wrong thing but for the right reasons

stargate

stargate

Pro

I think that if you have a good reason, then it justifies what ever means you used along the way. For example there are three people stuck on a railroad track and a train is coming. There are two routes for the train, but on the one it is right now your love is stuck on that piece of the track. But on the other one there are two other people. You can switch it now but you can not save them all in time. So what would you do. Any way you look at it you are killing someone. Another example is would you save the world, but at the cost of billions of lives?
phantom14450DEX

Con

I disagree with my opponet. What about the ones you kill to get their? What would they think?

Their is always a better way to go about something, it may be the harder way, but it is the right way.

~Right is right, and wrong is wrong, and when people start getting it confused, that means they need to sit down with some real people.
~Chuky D~

~It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right and wrong.
~Jeramy bentham~

I thank my opponet for giving me the chance to debate such a interesting topic.
stargate

Pro

Is it truly wrong to do the wrong thing but for the right reasons? After all it would be for the greater good. Now yes millions if not billions would die in the process, but it would be for everyones greater good. For example would you save the world form a world war 3, but if you did you would kill billions. But it would be a wrold that is safe afterwards. Yes I know I or however did this would be seen as the villian but I truly believe that it would be the right thing to do. If I had the power and means to rid war, murder, rape, I would. Wouldn't you want a world were you know you will be safe? I know that the only way to achieve that is though killing those not worth saveing. But afterwards the world be be united and safe. People would now have no reason to live in fear, and crime would go away. I would try to creat the prefect world.
phantom14450DEX

Con

It is impossible to create the perfect world, their will always be murder, rape, etc.

Many have tried, their is no conclusion, no light at the end of the tunnel.

You may make a paradise, but you would kill millions in the act of it.

And you say it like when you do, everyone will just stop sinning and become angels, you are wrong. People will not stop, they will always want, they will desire what they dont have, and eventually, they will do anything for it.
stargate

Pro

I would hope that after I had ended war, crime, corruption that people would have released that it had to happen. Is it so worng to want a prefect world? If you had the power to try, would you? Some thimes you have to do the wrong things but for the right reasons. For example your love has been killed by a gang. Wouldn't you want to average her death? I know I would try, I would try to creat a better would by wiping out the thag gang. If you had the power to change the world, as I have said before would you do it even though millions if not billions would die. Sometimes you have to be the villian to get things moveing in the right direction. Sometimes you have to think about the bigger picture. Yes billions would die but afterwards it would be a world were everyone can live peacefully. If you do not agree with that reasoning then fine here is another example. Your family ia starving and you do not have any more money to buy food. Your only opinion would be to steal food, you would be doing the wrong thing but the reasons out wigh the negatives. Think about sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture to know what to do. Sometimes the doing the wrong thing is fine as long as your reasons are good.
phantom14450DEX

Con

I would not steal, i would work hard and try to find something to do.
IF i did steal, without an doubt i would be put in jail. Wrong is wrong, no matter how you put it.

I really have no more to say.After all, you would have to be out of your right mind to think otherwise.

Thanks for letting me have this great debate with you.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
Well maybe, hopefully you win that debate.
Posted by phantom14450DEX 1 year ago
phantom14450DEX
http://www.debate.org...

^^ that guy iz crazy ^^
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
You are welcome.
Posted by phantom14450DEX 1 year ago
phantom14450DEX
Yes, i guess it will. It was a fun debate, thanks.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
So by the looks it, it seems like it will be a tie.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
I wonder who will win.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
You are welcome, though I will still stand by my reasoning.
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
Now yes it would be a hard time ahead of me if I tryed that. But I think that at the end of the tunnel there is a dream worth fighting for.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
There is no "wrong thing" and "right reasons"..But what you chose..
Posted by stargate 1 year ago
stargate
You would be debateing that it is bad to do the wrong things for the right reasons. Good luck.
Vote Placed by Chaosism 1 year ago
Chaosism
stargatephantom14450DEXTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro presented arguments, which were not properly understood or refuted by Con. To elaborate, Pro described two hypothetical situations to demonstrate his point: killing to prevent WW3 and stealing food for your starving family. Regarding the first, Con argued against the validity of the situation (perfect world) and did not address the point that Pro was trying to make, and did not argue that it would be wrong to take such action. Regarding the second, Con ignored the component, "Your only option would be to...", as he interjected another option. Again, he did not explain why stealing would be wrong; he just claimed it. Arguments to Pro. Everything else was even.