zoey22077
PowerPikachu21

Would you give up certain luxuries to save the environment?

zoey22077 has forfeited round #3.
Started: 10/10/2017 Category: Economics

zoey22077

Pro

Would you give up cars, running water, e.c.t, to save the envoirment. I will not state my opionion, but would you really? If you were in the sittiuation, what would YOU choose?
PowerPikachu21

Con

I personally really like video games and my house and internet, so my answer is no. I'm also not sure if giving up luxuries is worth saving a few plants and animals, or even a realistic solution. I'll explain a bit further in Round 2.

Also, what exactly are we trying to prevent? Extinction? Global Warming? Tell me what, and I'll show why it's not worth giving up your car. (Since this is 5 rounds and this is a debate site, we might as well discuss this.)
zoey22077

Pro

Well, why not? Wouldn't you rather have a place to live than an easy life handed to you? Because if we keep going like this, soon the earth will die, and take us down with it! Which one would you choose? A life at least? or Dieing because you refuse to treat the world correctly?!
PowerPikachu21

Con

I guess we're talking about Global Warming. Let's see what you said on the matter.

Rebuttal:

"Wouldn't you rather have a place to live than an easy life handed to you?"

So I either have a place to live, otherwise an easy life is given to me? Would an easy life not have a home? This sounds like a False Dilemma, and an easy choice (for me) to make anyways.

"Because if we keep going like this, soon the earth will die, and take us down with it!"

Appeal to Emotion, and a wild exaggeration. "Soon" is vague, but really, we'll probably survive a few more years. Though actually, countries did agree to consume less fossil fuels. It'll still take a while to completely change our lives and reduce our carbon emmisions enough to last more decades. Here's a link I found regarding this: https://thecorrespondent.com... . Mainly check out 1, 2, and 5.

"Which one would you choose? A life at least? or Dieing because you refuse to treat the world correctly?!"

Hey, don't shift the blame to me! I'm just a young gamer who should tidy up my home. But the thing is, I can't simply get an electric car. Some families can't afford one. Electric cars are pretty expensive. Take a look at this: http://www.greencarreports.com...

Not everyone has over $30,000 on hand, so it's harder to get something that expensive. On top of that, we can't give up our own cars without giving up a huge advantage. Chances are, you're not within walking distance from a store, farm, or factory. Not to mention if you're shopping, you'll have to carry bags which can get heavy and large in numbers, depending on how much you shop. This makes cars very useful, if not essential tools in many people's lives.

In conclusion, it's pretty hard to keep down carbon emissions. But many people are already working on lessening our emissions, so I think we can make it. And I'd like to say this to zoey; Right now, you're talking to me, and I'm not a criminal. If you have any concerns about the arguments I made, go ahead and say them. Just try to be specific.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 9 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@PowerPikachu21 Hey, I challenged you to a debate.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 9 months ago
PowerPikachu21
It looks like yet another person forgot this site exists.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 9 months ago
PowerPikachu21
I hope he comes back. It's been a while since I've had a good debate.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 9 months ago
FanboyMctroll
NEVER!! I'm only going to be around for maybe 20 years if I'm lucky, so I will rumble down the street in my muscle car burning 5 gallons to a mile, throwing grease ball burger containers out the window and driving slow in the fast lane, while people behind me are going insane. And I will park in handicap spaces while handicap people make handicap faces, because this is America and I will do what I like!!!
Posted by cakerman 9 months ago
cakerman
I wouldn't, I would be happy to indulge if you wouldn't mind me accepting the debate
Posted by zoey22077 9 months ago
zoey22077
Well to be specific cars, running water, oil, and things that include fossils, oil, water, and gases.
Posted by CrypticIndividual 9 months ago
CrypticIndividual
If people started using nuclear energy more then we may not even need to.
Posted by jt022 9 months ago
jt022
What luxurious specifically should we forsake? This Argument is very vague.
Posted by NDECD1441 9 months ago
NDECD1441
Yes I would