rogue
Demauscian

Write a short story using one of these words 10 times and make it make sense.

rogue

rogue

Pro

Hey so just pick your word in round 1. Round 2 write the story. Most interesting story with best usage of the word wins.

1. saucy
2. dong
3. loincloth
Demauscian

Con

so, my word will be loincloth.
rogue

Pro

The mother found no relief in the baby being safely out of her. She and her husband were too poor to afford a nursemaid and none of her family who were assisting with the birth had been properly trained to put a loincloth on with the blurring glasses. The blurring glasses would allow the wearer to see rough shapes and color but blur vision enough for someone to be unable to see what the tainted parts actually looked like. They were used any time a person was forced to use their tainted parts. The aunt of the child had bravely consented to attempt the dangerous task of securing the loincloth on with the blurring glasses on.

"Please take your time and be careful Lisa," said the mother worriedly, "You know what will happen if any of us see his tainted parts,"

"Hush Gwen!" said the father, sweat dripping down his face, "Lisa knows the importance of the situation and reminding someone of the stakes helps no one with dealing with pressure. Lisa, I am confident you are skilled enough to accomplish this,"

"I will do my best to secure the loincloth as best I can," said Lisa with a false confidence. Lisa walked out of the room holding the child in her arms like she was going to the gallows.

As soon as Lisa was out of earshot Gwen beckoned her husband close. "Rich, how could you let her do this?! You know how clumsy she is!" she said in a hoarse whisper.

"I know love, but she was the only one who dared to try. And what was I supposed to say? 'We don't trust you, sorry' I'm sure she'll come through-, " Rich said comfortingly.

"Yes! In a situation like this you are allowed to say those things! If she doesn't tie that loincloth properly and it falls off and we see-"

"Gwen hush! If she hears you it will only increase her clumsiness. Plus, if we keep our blurring glasses on until we are sure the loincloth is securely fastened we are in no danger. Sleep now love, you must be exhausted."

"I'm too nervous to sleep. I just wish we'd just bought diapers anyway, then we wouldn't be in this situation since they are so much simpler to put on than a loincloth," said Gwen.

"You know what the Holy Ones said Gwen. The article in the newsletter reads: 'A traditional loincloth is the only sure way to protect you baby from being tainted by the Ultimate Sin. When a baby is born, they are weak and naive and easily turned to evil by unseen forces that enter the body through the tainted parts. Diapers are an invention of the outside world which consists of a terrifying amount of people possessed by the agents of the Ultimate Sin. Our blessed Holy Ones have discovered that using diapers is one of the main causes of the astonishing amount of people in the outside world turned to evil by the Ultimate Sin since agents of the Ultimate Sin are able to get through a diaper but not a loincloth. Please protect the children of our beloved and pure town and ban diapers from your home.' Do you want our child to be turned to evil?!"

"Of course not Rich, but there is a rumor that in the outside world people are allowed to look upon the tainted parts!" Gwen said in a hushed whisper.

"That's not possible," said Rich, "if they looked upon the tainted parts they would go mad and suffer until they burned to death from the inside out,"

"How do you know? We've never seen it happen because as soon as someone looks upon the tainted parts they turn themselves in or are turned in! Plus, we wore diapers as babies and we never turned evil," said Gwen

"We were lucky. Anyways, don't say that Gwen. You are implying that the Holy Ones are lying to us and you know that they would never do that. They are chosen by the Supreme Good herself! They sacrifice living a normal life to live a life of devotion to the Supreme Good for our sakes; I can't believe you would question them! Oh dear, my love you are so feverish and weak that you can't think clearly, I urge you to sleep please?" said Rich pleadingly.

"No Rich. I need to know that no one will have to be turned in before I can sleep," said Gwen firmly.

Lisa came into the room cradling the baby in her arms. Sweat pouring down her face from nervousness, "It's alright everyone, I've done it! The tainted parts are securely covered, you can take off your blurring glasses," she said proudly.

Gwen and Rich smiled softly with relief as everyone in the room took off their blurring glasses. Yet as Rich took his baby from Lisa and held it up for everyone to see, as they had not been able even to see the baby's face with their blurring glasses on, the loincloth that had been fastened too loosely fell to the floor along with the faces of everyone in the room. No one in the room could escape looking upon that which they feared seeing more than anything. Even those who had closed their eyes immediately still had that vivid picture in their mind of the glimpse of that horrible ugly sight that was the tainted parts and they all knew that was enough to be turned evil. The room was silent.

Rich carefully picked up the loincloth and wrapped it around his new baby boy. "Let's go Gwen," said Rich gravely.

"We don't have to! We could all swear to secrecy and-" Gwen was stopped by Rich mid-sentence.

"No. We can't take the chance of turning evil and tainting our baby. We have to turn ourselves in for him," said Rich firmly.

Gwen had no idea of what would happen to her and her family. All she knew was that she would never see her beloved child again and that was enough to make her want to sleep and never wake up. No one spoke as the Farley family walked to the car and drove away from their house for the last time.
Demauscian

Con

Our Demons:

I once tried to sell my soul to the Devil, but he didn't want it, said they were not high in demand or something. So, I am not good enough for the worst entity that ever existed, but my friend, Jared, was, the Devil took his soul gladly. This is how it happened.

You see, when you perform the ritual, you typically wear a ceremonial loincloth and tattoo the runes in it, as well as yourself. There is a bonfire and gibberish involved as well. When I had finished with the ritual, I simply felt awkward, standing around in my loincloth. But when Jared had done so the fire basically exploded around him and the instant after, the fire died back down. The only sign that the blaze occurred was the fact that his loincloth had been consumed by it.

"What does that mean?" I find myself asking.
He does not answer.

"Well, who needs this anyway!" I remove my own loincloth and toss it into the fire, but am surprised when it does not burn.

It is at this point that Jared snaps out of his trance. "You cannot burn your ceremonial loincloth, it hasn't been accepted yet." He then casually picks the loincloth out of the fire and holds it out for me. Something in his eyes tells me everything has changed, but at the time, I take it to be residual fear from the explosion in the fire.
I give him a blanket and we head back to our homes.

Two months pass, the event becomes nothing more than a hazy dream, or nightmare. Whatever the case, Jared changed dramatically, and yet I was the only one who wasn't affected. At school people avoided him at all costs, but the only physical difference was shifty eyes and the raspy voice one gets during a cold.

He constantly talked about my loincloth. On several occasions I tried to throw it away only to have him show up and return it. So, maybe he was getting weird, but no matter, it was nothing a good camping trip couldn't fix.

"You want me to come camping? With him?" This was the usual reply, but I eventually found two others willing to go. It was only for the weekend and I was paying for all the expenses.

Finally I invited Jared, "We're going camping this weekend and I would really appreciate it if you came." Short, simple and to the point.

"Everything has changed."

"Yes, so I was hoping a night out in the fresh air could set things straight. I just" he cuts me off with a wave of his arm.

"Bring your ceremonial loincloth." He abruptly turns about and walks away.

The rest of the week is consumed with my planning the event, so fortunately I am spared the need to think about what he has said. I buy more food than we could ever need, just in case, and games and the tent of course. Each person has to bring his own sleeping bag and his own guns or bows if they plan to hunt at all.

Not to my surprise, Jared brought nothing but the pants and shirt he happened to be wearing that day. After my insisting he bring a sleeping bag, he grabbed a blanket and jumped into my truck, not attempting to hide his frustration.

Also not surprising, Jared did not help put up the tent, but neither did Maxwell, one of the other boys that came along, however Thomas did. It was already dark by the time the tent was up, so Max built a fire out of newspaper and a few logs, which were already by the pit.

"I'm going to go get more wood!" I tell everyone as I jog off into the brush.

On my return I saw what very well is the most frightening thing I ever witnessed, far surpassing the ritual from months before.

The first thing I notice is Thomas floating in the air, not moving, but stuck in a contorted position, Maxwell was the same. But in the middle of the fire pit stood Jared, all his clothes and hair burned away, but oddly enough he wore the loincloth he had worn at the ritual.

His head snapped up to stare right at me.
"This must be the most terrifying thing you've ever seen."

That was not his voice. I am unable to respond

"It would be for me as well if I had not met Damnation himself."

His lips then curl into a wicked smile and he shouts gibberish in the most ungodly voice, "Watago Baya Kithiegat Shooun Aundeia Guo…" and so on.

As he continued his otherworldly chant, the flames rose, engulfing his entire figure and continuing to rise after that. The flames took the form of a twelve-foot tall creature. The fiery demon then looked straight into my eyes, only for the briefest of moments. But in those eyes was a lust for power and regret.

The fire died down almost in an instant, and in the middle of the fire pit, amid red coals and white ash laid a loincloth. I watched, for as long as was needed, as it burned in the fire until no evidence of it remained.
Posted by Kahvan 6 years ago
Kahvan
Any rules on the voting or do all 7 go to the better story?
Posted by gavin.ogden 6 years ago
gavin.ogden
Very original. Good stories.
Posted by Demauscian 6 years ago
Demauscian
As you see, they see eachother's tainted parts and a lot of evil comes after it, there must be a correlation.
Vote Placed by adealornodeal 6 years ago
adealornodeal
rogueDemauscianTied
Vote Placed by Kahvan 6 years ago
Kahvan
rogueDemauscianTied
Vote Placed by Jcat 6 years ago
Jcat
rogueDemauscianTied
Vote Placed by gavin.ogden 6 years ago
gavin.ogden
rogueDemauscianTied