bilzar
A.Roche

Wyoming...who cares?

bilzar

Pro

Wyoming...who cares?

I know I don't...and I have to live here in WyOMan.

Facts:
Wyoming is the lowest populated state in America.
There Are More Tumbleweed in Wyoming than People
There is more roadkill in Wyoming than people
There's cowboys here...Tis very bad
There's too many antelope
Everyone here is racist
We only get 3 electoral votes
I've never seen anyone in Wyoming who isn't white...
Wyoming is lame (except for Yellowstone, I'll admit that)
Wyoming claims they have mountains, but they are just glorified hills compared to, say Colorado's mountains.
Antelope
Oh yeah...Colorado is better than Wyoming
Everyone in Wyoming thinks they are gangster....there are no gangsters in Wyoming
Wyoming is too windy
All of Wyoming's grass is yellow
Antelope...too many
Winters are too long here
Summers are short and way to hot!
Hey Look! An Antelope!
No civilization...we just received our first starbucks(In Casper) two years ago
I miss trees...
The best internet connection here is Bresnan...Bresnan sucks
Did I mention the antelope?
Country music....AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Cowboy hats....haha
Our mall has like 20 stores....
One of the highest suicidal rated states in America
^That proves my point because everyone is so desperate to get out of Wyoming that they would rather just die
Nothing do to here
People go cow tipping for fun (maybe...)
Hey look! An antelope....on the side of the road....and it's red....
WyOmAN

Hmm that sums it up....wyoming is lame....and nobody cares about it...Yup
A.Roche

Con

Hello, I'd like to thank you for posting this debate and I look forward to debating with you. Best of luck. I'd also like to point out that I am myself not a resident of Wyoming.

Your contention is that "Nobody cares about it".

I'd like to begin by reviewing you comment that "Nobody cares about it." I presume that "it" refers to Wyoming. I disagree with your comment, and I have evidence to prove that people do care about it. Firstly, according to the US Bureau of Economic Analysis Report 2005, Wyoming contributed $27.4 Billion to the US economy, now, if Wyoming didn't exist, that's a lot of money gone, therefore, it is important and surely cared about because of this contribution. Secondly, people must care about it otherwise it wouldn't have got just over 6 million visitors in 2002...

You say that you have never seen anyone in Wyoming that isn't white, that might be the case, but that doesn't mean there aren't any other races; in the year 2000, it was recorded that Wyoming had a population of 1% Black and 3% Native American.

"I miss trees" that, again, is a recording of your personal experience, not of solid evidence to support your argument; here I have provided a link to a photograph taken in Wyoming; it contains trees; http://upload.wikimedia.org...

Finally, the people of Wyoming, at least the majority of them, must surely care about Wyoming because its the place where they live and without it, they wouldn't have a home...

All in all, it is a very poor argument, although yes, I do understand that it isn't an entirely serious one.
bilzar

Pro

Hello, A.Roche. I'd like to thank you for joining this debate. Yes, this is a very poor debate but I'm glad you see it is not a serious one in the least bit. Though this is my true opinion about Wyoming.

I'll begin with your statement, "Wyoming contributed $27.4 Billion to the US economy, now, if Wyoming didn't exist, that's a lot of money gone, therefore, it is important and surely cared about because of this contribution." While yes, Wyoming may have contributed 27.4 Billion dollars, but may I say that you also stated, "If Wyoming didn't exist." And with that phrase I will say that if Wyoming did not exist there would be expenses that the United States needs to pay currently that would not exist either.

On your second statement "Secondly, people must care about it otherwise it wouldn't have got just over 6 million visitors in 2002...", I would first like to say 6 million people is not a great amount of people, especially in a year. Secondly, I would like to say that some of those people are either truckers or other people passing through Wyoming to get to another place and they do not care if they pass through it or not. I would also like to say that most of those visitors also are visiting Yellowstone National Park, with I implied exclusion with my statement, "Wyoming is lame (except for Yellowstone, I'll admit that)"

On the point of their being a primary white population in Wyoming, while yes, there may be some peoples of other races, it is minuscule. My statement is true as I have not seen any(as I can remember) people of other races here, though you have pointed out that there are peoples of other races and I see no reason as for me to debate this part of the topic any longer, unless you bring up another point about it.

And yes, "I miss trees" is really not a supporter of my argument, but an opinion more as, as there is trees. I just meant to state that are not many here.

And those in Wyoming really do not care about it, they just do not know better and/or are being brainwashed by the prairie dogs/antelope. (We are not sure which one as of this moment.) And if some there have seen the light, they do know that Wyoming is not a great place, as shown in this image... http://www.thegreenhead.com... ... This image was not made by me and I assume this picture was made by someone who lives in Wyoming who has the same opinions as me, proving my point that no one cares, not even Wyomingites. And I also assume it is not made by one out of Wyoming, as no one outside of Wyoming cares.

Again, thanks for joining this debate and I look forward for your response.
A.Roche

Con

A.Roche forfeited this round.
bilzar

Pro

Hmm A.roche did not answer the last one, so I'll give him another round to respond.
A.Roche

Con

A.Roche forfeited this round.
bilzar

Pro

bilzar forfeited this round.
A.Roche

Con

A.Roche forfeited this round.
bilzar

Pro

bilzar forfeited this round.
A.Roche

Con

A.Roche forfeited this round.
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
Just come to Oklahoma, it is still a wasteland nobady cares about.

I went to school with this kid who wore a cowboy hat, boots, and pants everyday.
Posted by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
I think Wyoming sounds great, like one giant "All-American" theme park - real, actual, genuine cowboys, tumbleweed that aren't film props, country music, good old boys in pick-up trucks with gun racks in the back - cool, I think I might go there on holiday...
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
LOL, that was definately Wyoming.
Posted by bthr004 8 years ago
bthr004
LOL! Funny stuff.

"Whats a wyoming?" - PoeJoe. <<<<<<HA!

I remember driving through Wyoming on the interstate and I kept seeing calves walking on the road, more and more, for miles. Finally traffic had gotten slowed down, ( slowed to 80 mph.) A semi hauling the cattle blew over going down the road and the cargo were all over running around on the road, which is fenced off, so the calves had no choice but to stay on the roads and needless to say were leaving messes behind them all over.
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
an imaginary state that doesn't matter, even to those that believe it exists.

Also Yellowstone is in Montana as well, (I think like Illinios to, but to lazy to look it up right now)
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
Wait... what's a "Wyoming"?
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
lol funny link though...
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
I have lived in Torrington Wyoming, very small town, I went to school and about 70% of the people were not white.

But I really can't stand how cold it is... glad to be back where it gets above freezing sometimes.
Posted by bilzar 8 years ago
bilzar
Thanks for the comments all.

I hope you will enjoy this debate, though my second post was a little bit more serious (Just a bit)

I will also have to use elgeibo's comment in my argument as support.
Posted by my.matryoshka 8 years ago
my.matryoshka
Let me make one for Alaska!

Sarah Palin is our Governer
Alaska is one of the lowest populated states in America and is the largest state.
There Are more moose in Alaska than People
There are a trillion times more mosquitos in Alaska than people
There's eskimos here...Tis very bad
There's too many caribou
Everyone here is racist
We only get 3 electoral votes
In my 10 years of living in Alaska, I've known 1 black guy... and his mom was white
Alaska is lame
Everyone in Alaska think they matter to the lower-48.. everyone in the lower-48 thinks we live in igloos
Alaska is too windy and cold, I tried to trick-or-treat as a child and the door flew open and hit me across the face in -10 degrees.
Alaska has only two seasons - summer and winter
Moose... too many
Winters last 8 months
No civilization...my hometown's city center is a grocery store and buffalo burger diner.
I miss trees... it's all bush in Alaska!
Country music....AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! ALASKA SHOULD BE RENAMED TO "NORTHERN TEXAS"
Our mall has about 10 stores (the mall that's 100 miles away from my house)
The HIGHEST suicide rate among population in the country.
^That proves my point because everyone is so desperate to get out of Alaska that they would rather just die
Nothing do to here
People go snowmobiling for fun (maybe...)
Vote Placed by KeithKroeger91 8 years ago
KeithKroeger91
bilzarA.RocheTied